Team Tournament History

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby The Donator » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 am

I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

So, the first year was 2003 held in Burlington and won by CR.

2004 was Shaver and according to trophy was won by QC. I don't know if DM participated in either of these.

2005 was Eastern and Devil's Glen won by DM

2006 was at Ewing and won by QC. I think this was the one that rained all day.

2007 must've been the one at Middle and Westlake. Seems like that might've been 2 days. Won by DM

2008 was won by CR, I think that was Big Creek. Tyler, Grant, and I played for Puffins that year.

2009 was at Jones, won by DM, then the rules changed and CR was given credit for win!

2010 at Jones again, DM wins

2011 at Big Creek, DM beats Waterloo in the finals.

2012 at Ewing, QC beats DM in sudden death.

2013 at Westlake, DM wins
Last edited by Clue on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clue

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Its never been 2 days that I can recall. I played in all but the original, which the QCs werent invited to either. After we won the second year we included DSM.

> I was on Bruces card for the ACE, I called it 40ft or more away, but technically didnt see it go in the basket and dont carry money on me during the round. I honestly intended to pay him after the round and forgot. I owe him, and will get him next time I see him. It was a sick hole to ace.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Like_Water » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:32 pm

SARG27044 wrote:What year was it out at Ewing when it rained the entire day? This was a long time ago...I was still playing INT, had to play Cali against Duden and Ernie. I remember an Omaha team there too.

It did rain all day. The trophy was born that year as well. Omaha almost won, coulda been the end of this tournament :shock:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 pm

SARG27044 wrote:What year was it out at Ewing when it rained the entire day? This was a long time ago...I was still playing INT, had to play Cali against Duden and Ernie. I remember an Omaha team there too.
that was the year we had a gvcc team not sure on year tho 05 06 ?
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Like_Water » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:08 pm

If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby The Donator » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:37 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:

Yeah it was '06, not '07 like i thought, when i created the controversial IC/CR team. Jay and Des played for QC. I dont know if there was a full "gvcc" team but there was a bunch of dsm guys on a team that left after the first round.
The Donator

Postby Clue » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 pm

The Donator wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:

Yeah it was '06, not '07 like i thought, when i created the controversial IC/CR team. Jay and Des played for QC. I dont know if there was a full "gvcc" team but there was a bunch of dsm guys on a team that left after the first round.

There was a 3rd team that was a bunch of FBI guys if I recall. I remember playing with Huspen, but I don't remember if I played all day or not.
Clue

Postby The Donator » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 am

Yeah there was a 3rd team that was a bunch of FBI guys now that i think about it, not really "gvcc". I remember seeing Vic there as the team captain I believe. Huspen threw in for 2 on hole 17 against Bream and I with an inside hyzer/teebird in the pouring rain. Didnt see him for 2 years or so after that lol.
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 am

we had a gvcc team me ern russ gary and rest of our old gvcc crew not the original gvcc crew
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Nohr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:22 am

I'd like to know more about the 2009 win and why women/old guys/gals no longer are representated. DSM care to answer this one?

Also in the history of the tournament how many times have men missed crucial putts?
Nohr

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:36 am

Nohr wrote:I'd like to know more about the 2009 win and why women/old guys/gals no longer are representated. DSM care to answer this one?

Also in the history of the tournament how many times have men missed crucial putts?
CR won in 09' ask them....And every team brings at least 1 Master, except one or two. Old guys can still ball.
SARG27044

Postby Discgo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 am

Nohr wrote:I'd like to know more about the 2009 win and why women/old guys/gals no longer are representated. DSM care to answer this one?

http://www.iowadg.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4776
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Sprague » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:01 am

First, let’s be clear. This tournament has never excluded women. It has only shifted to not having requirements for who you can bring (bring your best).

Second, many deserving players will not make it onto a team.

Third, have you researched the turnout for women at Iowa tournaments in 2012? The only tournament I’ve found that fielded more than 6 women is the G&L Clothing Challenge with 14, and I can verify that 6 of them for sure were not from Iowa (reduce that number now to 8 or less depending on the where the other players I didn’t recognize are from). The Rumble was 2nd at 6. The average turnout for women in all divisions appears to be around 3. Please review my numbers, I don’t want to misspeak here.

So now in one breath I’m hearing “let’s get more teams” and in another breath “let’s require a women player”, but the reality is if we required a female spot – this tournament would have the largest women’s turnout anywhere in Iowa. If the demand was there, more women would be playing tournaments in general.

I recommend that anyone that is feeling excluded from this event become a captain and start getting a team together – the tournament has yet to fill. This would accomplish two goals 1) more teams 2) everyone who wants to play bad enough can.

Not trying to offend anyone. Trust me, I’ve had to think this through several times (my wife is a great player). The numbers just don’t support making a requirement and that’s why I’ve tried to develop a bonus scenario for teams that bring a lady with them (they would compete in a separate event with extra credit to your team and they would join the 8 person alternate as a mulligan).
Sprague

Postby diskey river » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

gvccc has the biggest ladies turnout

I know the response will be "play better", but in reality there are only 3 communities that can fill an 8 person team full of pro level players, the same 3 communities are the only places to win this tourney. Nobody likes to feel like donating going in. I think that might be why some feel adding player requirements or different divisions can level the playing field a bit, not that it actually will, but it certainly feels like it might.
Last edited by diskey river on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
diskey river

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments