Team Tournament History

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Team Tournament History

Postby Clue » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:44 pm

I have a very foggy recollection of the history of this tournament and would like to piece together when, where, and what here.

West Lake is my first memory of the tournament. Doug, gonna need you on this one!
Clue
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby 18UnderPar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:47 pm

1st one was 2003 at Dankwardt Park in Burlington run by Bill Dowell.Won by CR . Simple format- add up all scores for each team. 2004 was at ShaverPark run by Doug.Not sure who won, but it was not us (Ottumwa).1 rd singles, 1 rd doubles, cross country type scoring. We had teams at the first 2 then Ottumwa and Osky had a combined team when it was at Big Creek in about 2007. All I remember about that one was it was match play with lots of short rounds and I got an ace on #1. Congrats to Bruce Meyers of Team Cool for the ace on #2 in the 1st round at the team tourney. Everybody owes him a dollar.
18UnderPar
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:13 pm
Location: Ottumwa

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby Discgo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:50 pm

18UnderPar wrote:1st one was 2003 at Dankwardt Park in Burlington run by Bill Dowell.Won by CR . Simple format- add up all scores for each team. 2004 was at ShaverPark run by Doug.Not sure who won, but it was not us (Ottumwa).1 rd singles, 1 rd doubles, cross country type scoring. We had teams at the first 2 then Ottumwa and Osky had a combined team when it was at Big Creek in about 2007. All I remember about that one was it was match play with lots of short rounds and I got an ace on #1. Congrats to Bruce Meyers of Team Cool for the ace on #2 in the 1st round at the team tourney. Everybody owes him a dollar.

Did he even get a dollar for that ace?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:38 pm

thread drift but i heard noone payed him on card might be wrong tho . i think i had the most fun when it was devils glenn and eastern cause of format but two dayers arent fun anymore
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 pm

the first one i personally remember is devils and eastern not sure on year tho we had spraguer then
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby Cydisc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 am

First one I played (for DSM 1) was Devils and Eastern. I know it was one day because I never play out of town two-dayers.
User avatar
Cydisc
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Ames, IA

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Cydisc wrote:First one I played (for DSM 1) was Devils and Eastern. I know it was one day because I never play out of town two-dayers.
thought it was a two dayer . does anyone remember where the two day event was or was there ever a two dayer ?
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:40 pm

don't think so Duden
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm

GDL17921 wrote:don't think so Duden


hold on now, I wasn't a part of it but wasn't there a two dayer in dsm at big creek/walnut?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1623
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby FB32992 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:08 pm

I haven't played as many years as some of the others. The last 5 years i believe i played. Lets see 08@ middle and westlake-Dm won.09 @big creek -and cr won.10@ jones cr won.11@ jones dm won.12@ ewing - qc won. 13@ westlake -dm won.but i also have a horrible memory so im prob wrong somewhere in there.as far as previous years i couldn't tell ya.
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: Quad CIties

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby Grimm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:45 pm

FB32992 wrote:I haven't played as many years as some of the others. The last 5 years i believe i played. Lets see 08@ middle and westlake-Dm won.09 @big creek -and cr won.10@ jones cr won.11@ jones dm won.12@ ewing - qc won. 13@ westlake -dm won.but i also have a horrible memory so im prob wrong somewhere in there.as far as previous years i couldn't tell ya.


Those last seem right. Not sure about 08 though
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:01 pm

GDL17921 wrote:don't think so Duden
i better get safe again :mrgreen:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby Conrad 37988 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:03 pm

In 2010, it was @ Jones DSM won.
User avatar
Conrad 37988
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby Sprague » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I heard that Peoria ran a team tournament and spawned the idea for Iowa (this is complete hearsay).

Duden...drip...drip... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Sprague
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am
Location: ROCK ISLAND

Re: Team Tournament History

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 am

What year was it out at Ewing when it rained the entire day? This was a long time ago...I was still playing INT, had to play Cali against Duden and Ernie. I remember an Omaha team there too.
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest