Hickory Hills Doubles 2013

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: Hickory Hills Doubles 2013

Postby The Donator » Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 am

discgolfduval wrote:
Grimm wrote:Greco and Grimm are out. I'm a wuss an let me have it. Everyone have fun tomorrow

Had a cold Keystone Light waiting for you too...I drank it though so it worked out.

I would say sand in the vag clears all debts
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Clue » Tue May 07, 2013 12:53 am

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributed. Always a good time and despite one crazy downpour the weather was awesome. Obviously a little disappointed to be getting further and further away from the lake, but it's understandable. The only thing I'd like to suggest is tweaking the concept behind a few holes. The left/right balance was really good, but some of the easy holes were almost too easy and a few of the hard holes were just a touch too hard. I'd actually like to see a couple more 2-shot holes (except the one that was split in two this year!). Again, I'm very appreciative of the work you guys put into this and I'll be there either way, just wanted to give a little constructive criticism.
Clue

Postby Swisher Streets » Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 am

What holes did you consider too hard?
Swisher Streets

Postby GDL17921 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am

Swisher Streets wrote:What holes did you consider too hard?

probably the ones he didn't birdie :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Swisher Streets wrote:What holes did you consider too hard?

It's not that they're too hard per se, just not getting much scoring spread. I'm all for the big downhill hole, like hole 10 at Ewing it's a really fun shot but not a particularly good hole. The one 2 holes after that, and the one up the road after that, also hole 5 first round. Virtually all holes in the 450ft range are not going to be particularly good. Too easy to make 3 but too hard to make 2. Yeah it's possible, and a few people *can* get them, but when 90% of the Pro and Adv field is making 3 then it's not a very good hole. Also, 6,7,8,14,15 and 21? were some of the easiest holes I've ever seen at that tournament. We've played a couple of them before, and maybe the good weather contributed, but again the point I'm trying to make is that nearly 2/3 of the course offered no spread. Virtually every group is going to deuce all the same holes and miss all the same holes. Only a couple hero shots or a couple absolute blunders separated the field for the most part.

Again, just constructive criticism. I love the tournament and probably have played it 15+ times and will continue to do so. In fact, it's stupid of me to even say anything because I feel like if anyone besides Farnsworth or Stiers is gonna deuce any of these it's probably us (I did get the big downhill hole this year!).
Clue

Postby CalebP » Thu May 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Definitely understandable, this was done pretty much on the fly this year as the weather was snow/rain/shit friday and would of typically been smoothed out. As for course design, definitely noted and BHMDGL was trying to make some permanent pin changes moved from the front as well as lining everything up for Hickory at the same time. Definitely dont want to be invasive to fisherman/weddings/cabins.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby Grimm » Thu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Are there results? I know if I would have been there I would known at the time but I wouldn't have remembered any of them.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Abe Froman » Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 am

Grimm wrote:Are there results? I know if I would have been there I would known at the time but I wouldn't have remembered any of them.

the result was you have a vagina and stayed home and missed a pretty nice day of golf.
Abe Froman

Postby GDL17921 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Grimm wrote:Are there results? I know if I would have been there I would known at the time but I wouldn't have remembered any of them.

the result was you have a vagina and stayed home and missed a pretty nice day of golf.

says the guy who's vagina is so gaping that he can't play with the big boys, even though he can. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:

says the guy who's vagina is so gaping that he can't play with the big boys, even though he can. :lol:
yessssssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Abe Froman » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
yessssssss

jay, i believe you all have seen me putt...
Abe Froman

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments