DiscNut's OPC Open - 3/17/07

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

DiscNut's OPC Open - 3/17/07

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am

What: DiscNut's OPC Open
When: March 17, 2007
Why: Because this is the first santioned tournament in Iowa in 2007!
And because it is the first stop on the 2007 Iowa Tour!

Registration - 7:30 - 9:00
Player's Meeting - 9:15
Tee Time - 9:30

2 rounds of 18 - 1 round short - 1 round long
We may add holes if needed. We'll do our best not to turn anybody away.
We may play two rounds of short depending on the weather and the turnout.

All ams get an $11 voucher for a disc or other merchandise when they sign up!

Pro Open: $45
Pro Master: $35
Pro Women: $35

Advanced: $45
Adv. Master: $35
Adv. Women: $25

Intermediate: $30
Int. Women: $25

Recreation: $25
Rec. Women: $25

All Juniors: $20
(Juniors will only play 1 round)

This is a 'C' Tier for all Pros and a 'B' Tier for all Ams. That is the reason for Advanced and Pro being the same price.

Remember to renew your PDGA memberships and save the $5 charge. We can take your PDGA renewals or new memberships when you register.

The field is only guaranteed to the first 90 players. Preregistration is highly reccommended. Email me at tiki@discnut.com and I will email you a flyer.

We will add as many holes as we can to try and accomodate everyone. It all depends on how many baskets we can get. If you have a good basket, please bring it. I only have access to 2 good baskets for sure.
Tiki

Condition of the course

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:10 am

I thaught that I would post this and update everyone on the condition of the course after this past weekends storms....

it's a fu***** mess.

I havn't walked the course yet, I'll try to do that and take some pictures after work today. Some of the damage that I could see from driving around the park:

Hole's 2 & 3: Downed limbs the length of both holes, nothing major.
Hole 4: Lots of downed limbs, a fair amount of damage.
Hole 5: The majority of the limbs near the ground on the tree next to the short placement are either broke or need to be cut off.
Hole 7: The lowest limbs on the Evergreen in front of the middle placement have all broke off.
Hole 11: On the three Evergreens that guard the pin, all of the branches that face east have either been broken off or are now completely stripped.
Hole 12: A lot of limbs on the trees around the teepad came down burying the tee, the bushes next to the short placement have been flatened, they might end up being removed, the main guardian tree for the long placement has been destroyed, it will be coming out.
Hole 13: The front tree in the group that is in front of the short placement is detroyed, it will be removed.
Hole 14: Limbs are down from the trees close to the pond, nothing too major.

As far as I could tell, no teesigns or baskets were harmed. At least we're fortunate there.

I talked with Kevin, the parks superintendent, and he said pending the weather, they should have everything moved by the time the tournament comes around. They probably won't have a chance to get anything out of the trees themselves so we may end up having to deal with loose limbs falling while the tournament plays on. If they need help getting the park cleared up, we will be having some workdays to help out.

Barring some major setback, such as another major ice storm, the tournament is still on.
Tiki

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:25 am

See you on St. Paddys!
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Trophy only entries available?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Tiki » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:25 am

Trophy only entries will be accepted.

A word of caution though. This is per the '07 Tour Standards (bottom of page 1) which can be found on the PDGA website:

"Where an event or division is full, players paying full price have priority over players paying the reduced rate."
Tiki

Storm Aftermath

Postby Tiki » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:24 pm

I have the pictures that I took of the park posted, just follow the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7216092@N08/
Tiki

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Like_Water » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 pm

TJ, is this thing going to be sanctioned?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Re: DiscNut's OPC Open - 3/17/07

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:53 pm

DiscNut wrote:This is a 'C' Tier for all Pros and a 'B' Tier for all Ams. That is the reason for Advanced and Pro being the same price.

GDL17921

Postby Tiki » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:46 pm

There was a slight problem with the santioning agreement...

...They lost it.

Everything is taken care of now and it should be on the website any time now.

It is Pro 'C' / Am 'B'.
Tiki

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 pm

tj, get shawn and your mom out there to clean that shit up! i don't expect you to do all that work yourself
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 am

greco19536 wrote:tj, get shawn and your mom out there to clean that shit up! i don't expect you to do all that work yourself

LOL.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby peyton » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:02 pm

TJ, will you be changing the pins between rounds? I know last year you weren't able to because of the number of players but if you would like I can change them between rounds. I am sure I can get 3-4 people to help me. I know it depends on the pins being able to be pulled to. Hopefully they won't be froze in. Let me know. I like playing both sets.
peyton

Postby Tiki » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 am

I think most people enjoy playing both layouts. The plan is to change them between rounds, but that depends on the number of players, the weather and the time. I know it's still 10 days away, but weather.com shows 47° and a 40% chance of rain. If the rain stays away, I would almost guarantee 100 players. With the time change this Sunday, daylight shouldn't be an issue either.

Another issue could possibly be cleanup. The parks department is doing a great job getting the bigger stuff removed. The park SHOULD be cleaned up by the tournament, but there are no guarantees.

It usually takes Chris Roorda and myself about 20-30 minutes to move all of the baskets. If you could help out that would be awsome!

By the way, counting your basket, Adam's and mine, I have 3 good baskets to use as add-ons plus 1 serviceable one. I could still use at least another 2-3 good ones if we end up adding holes.

The plan is to play 2 rounds of 18, but I will add holes to try and accomodate everyone that I can. There are no guarantees that anyone that shows up after the first 90 players will get in the tournament. I will do everything that I can, within reason, to get everyone in.
Tiki

Postby Like_Water » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:46 am

Feel the love!

Thanks TJ, looking forward to this.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments