Iowa Match Play Championships!!! Aug 24-25th

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby AO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Awesome. I think its a fantastic idea and love the match play format.


Surprised you wanna play..

" I thought match play was about the biggest batch of hot garbage ever served and vowed not to play agian 2 years ago "
AO
 
Posts: 4312
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby The Donator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 pm

AO wrote:
Chase20460 wrote:Awesome. I think its a fantastic idea and love the match play format.


Surprised you wanna play..

" I thought match play was about the biggest batch of hot garbage ever served and vowed not to play agian 2 years ago "

Lol oops
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:52 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:now all you need now clue is a trophy. i'm thinking a silver bowl or plate with the tournaments name and established date engraved on the front and then we can have the winners name engraved on the back each year. can you imagine hoisting that over your head!

Yeah, been thinking about how to cover expenses. I didn't want to take anything out of the payout. I don't mind ponying up some cash for this, but I'd like to get a halfway decent trophy. Might try doing lunch and drinks myself to raise money. Mama already said she'd help with that.

3x state champ runner up wrote:granted their might not be too many people left to watch the finals and the winner hoist the trophy but i'm sure there will be a couple of bushwhackers left over in the parking lot.

Ah, maybe I forgot to mention that nobody gets paid unless they stick around for the finals!
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Clue wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:now all you need now clue is a trophy. i'm thinking a silver bowl or plate with the tournaments name and established date engraved on the front and then we can have the winners name engraved on the back each year. can you imagine hoisting that over your head!

Yeah, been thinking about how to cover expenses. I didn't want to take anything out of the payout. I don't mind ponying up some cash for this, but I'd like to get a halfway decent trophy. Might try doing lunch and drinks myself to raise money. Mama already said she'd help with that.

3x state champ runner up wrote:granted their might not be too many people left to watch the finals and the winner hoist the trophy but i'm sure there will be a couple of bushwhackers left over in the parking lot.

Ah, maybe I forgot to mention that nobody gets paid unless they stick around for the finals!
bad idea on sticking round to get payed js watching golf for two to four hrs isnt what ill have in mind after playing all day just my opinion
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:so in ball golf you see the winner with 5 and 4, does that mean he was 5 up with 4 to play? and the dormy hole - determine win/loss hole comes into play when you're up more than you have holes left. right. so the ideal round would only last 10 holes, winning the first 9 and tieing the 10th.

Yeah, you're up more holes than are left. It can be a margin of 2 as well. Let's say you win the 10th in your scenario, you'd win 10-8, up 10 with 8 to play. If you push on 18 up one, or win 18 when tied heading in it would be called 1up. And dormy just means you can't lose in regulation, up 3 with 3 to play for example. You can still lose in extra holes.
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:58 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:bad idea on sticking round to get payed js watching golf for two to four hrs isnt what ill have in mind after playing all day just my opinion

Alright, I'll make an exception if you bring a note from your mom or doctor explaining your vaginal issues.
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:00 pm

lol ill work on that i shouldnt be setting myself up to lose early ssssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:lol ill work on that i shouldnt be setting myself up to lose early ssssss

Better get that rating up so you can get a 1 seed! Those 2/3 matchups Sat afternoon are gonna be epic!
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm

is good and bad as i am i know i can beat anyone there or get beat by anyone there so its a great event to start having once a year if goes well
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:23 pm

GVCC last longer side action Duden?
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8556
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby 1semenking » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

GDL17921 wrote:GVCC last longer side action Duden?


Surprised your not lookin for front action Gay!! :shock:
1semenking
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Ames

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

I can't believe nobody has brought up a bracket pool yet. Lot's of potential for *side* action here!
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby Clue » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:is good and bad as i am i know i can beat anyone there or get beat by anyone there so its a great event to start having once a year if goes well

No doubt about that. That's why I think there are nearly 20 guys who could win. Just imagine if Tissue and Clay dust off the frisbees...
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby laubdog93 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

this sounds awesome, I cant wait to see how i match up to everyone else
laubdog93
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Ames

Postby Clue » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 am

Here's my 1st run at bracketology!!! First, many aren't current so there's no good list. I tried to take everyone who's current then go back to big tournaments (Doom, Challenge...) and get as many names as I could which entailed getting some out of date ratings. There are 3 out of staters in the field (Sprague, Chase, and TJ). There are a couple not in the field who will be extended invites (Kramer, Cremer, and Korver). Anyway, a lot will change and I hope I didn't forget any obvious names.

In the Korver bracket:
1 AO
16 Friestad
8 KVN
9 Greco
5 Harper
12 Stewart
4 Sarg
13 OD
3 McCulley
14 Tinlin
6 Nydle
11 Smith
7 Foust
10 Lindsley
2 Clue
15 Channon

Harper Bracket:
1 Tanner
16 Thirtyacre
8 Farnsworth
9 Stibal
5 Williams
12 Langlois
4 Kern
13 Chadwick
3 Valverde
14 French
6 Oostendorp
11 Meyers
7 Steffen
10 Innis
2 MDR
15 Lauber

Cremer Bracket:
1 Sprague
16 Milder
8 Presler
9 Rimmy
5 Fansler
12 Scarrow
4 Westmark
13 Kirk
3 Tissue
14 Clark
6 Harmon
11 Detert
7 Snelling
10 Kerkove
2 Roberts
15 Qualls

Kramer Bracket:

1 Calloway
16 Bullis
8 Steddom
9 Claring
5 T Peyton
12 Parker
4 Arango
13 Timper
3 D Peyton
14 Wieben
6 Duden
11 Weaver
7 Halligan
10 Kuehne
2 Fausch
15 Linville
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron