Middle Park Doubles , I need a partner!!!

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:40 pm

I guess you say almost because of Sprague. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 pm

GDL17921 wrote:I guess you say almost because of Sprague. :lol:

Among others. There are alot of annoying golfers out there, and they are all annoying in different ways. Huspen just represents the 90% that won't shut up, and when you tell them to shut up, they keep talking, just in a slightly lower voice.

quick story:

At Big Creek last year, at league, Huspen is on my card. I shank my drive on the freak right into a cedar tree. Ron is yapping away. Finally we start walking. I'm seething. I say, "Ron, shut the Chuck up! I just shanked my drive, and I'm not listening. Find me in 5 minutes. "

Ron just keeps talking. I mean, I said it about as plain and simple as I could, SHUT THE Chuck UP! IM NOT LISTENING! He keeps on talking. I shake my head and start laughing. <--this is the result I've worked hard to obtain. Just laugh.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby flyinplastic23 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:54 pm

i had a fun time watchin you get into it with him after Ewing Open that was classic
Last edited by flyinplastic23 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Discwrangler wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:I guess you say almost because of Sprague. :lol:

Among others. There are alot of annoying golfers out there, and they are all annoying in different ways. Huspen just represents the 90% that won't shut up, and when you tell them to shut up, they keep talking, just in a slightly lower voice.

quick story:

At Big Creek last year, at league, Huspen is on my card. I shank my drive on the freak right into a cedar tree. Ron is yapping away. Finally we start walking. I'm seething. I say, "Ron, shut the Chuck up! I just shanked my drive, and I'm not listening. Find me in 5 minutes. "

Ron just keeps talking. I mean, I said it about as plain and simple as I could, SHUT THE Chuck UP! IM NOT LISTENING! He keeps on talking. I shake my head and start laughing. <--this is the result I've worked hard to obtain. Just laugh.

You should put that as your disc golf story on your Bio. :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:25 pm

To me distractions is part of the game. Outside of disc golf majority of my time in the summers is spent on the pitching mound. Chatter is part of the game. At that position you have to learn to block out all of those distractions. One o fthe first college games I pitched in was at Louisiana Laffayette. The people down there were hammered before our noon game even started. We were getting our butts kicked and being a freshman they put me out there. I'm not very bulky and back then I was skin and bones. The whole stadium of about 1,000 was ripping me a new one i.e. Hey 29 you want me to buy you something to eat. Hey look the foul pole got moved to the mound, the list goes on. I really let the crowd get to me and in conclusion I was getting crushed by the the opposition. The crowd knew they were getting to me and they just thrived from it. I made sure that I never let the crowd get to me like that again. I learned to block it out. My point is No matter what you do in life there are going to be distractions (like Factor). he gets a kick out of annoying people as well. It is how you overcome those distractions that make you successful. I don't like to here the excuse that I didn't play well because so and so was on my card. It is part of the game. Factor isn't going to change or quit anytime soon, no matter how much people make fun of him or yell at him.

i'm not addressing this towards anyone in specific. I've heard it from a lot of people. I am just stating how I feel about the subject.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:31 pm

"Eff that, I can't drive when people are taking pictures!!"

Sincerely,
Barry
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby z-man » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Stevo's got it right on the money...

just clear your head...I can't tell you how many times I've finished putting and someone's said...sorry, didn't mean to distract you...I honestly didn't know what their talking about due to my focus on the putt at hand...I've also played with the factor long enough to learn to just let him talk...he's not going to stop regardless of what you do...

and mdr...that quote's hilarious...Barry from the 04' Worlds finals...it almost looked like he was blinded by the invisible flash of the camera as well...
z-man

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:15 pm

I've also heard Cam Todd use that excuse too.

They must get it from Tiger.
MDR_3000

Postby SoCal19 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:44 pm

I find it hard to put when I'm on hole #2 at Eastern and I hear somebody yell "Chuck" on hole #14, as I release my disc. Whoever it was, must have tried to throw an anny over the water. :lol:
SoCal19

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:49 pm

damn. hole 14 to hole 2!! That's a lot of real estate for a voice to travel.
MDR_3000

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:57 pm

no shit!

good post steve, I agree. Foul pole on the mound, lmao... :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:58 pm

I just re-read that post....Sprague doesn't bother me. I'm talkative by nature, and don't really notice until I do something stupid that pisses me off, and makes me shut up!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:02 pm

oh yeah, my bad, I meant Eric Tracey. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby dx pete » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:07 pm

SoCalSprtsbum32038 wrote:I find it hard to put when I'm on hole #2 at Eastern and I hear somebody yell "Chuck" on hole #14, as I release my disc. Whoever it was, must have tried to throw an anny over the water. :lol:

WOW Phil! I bet you can't see through lead though.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

the factor!

Postby nydle28011 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:04 pm

I am new to the area, not the planet!!! I have played with R-Factor before. He's not that bad. I used to live in Ottumwa so I know plenty of iowa golfers, but my usual doubles partner can't make it up to middle.
Go Big or Go Home!
Team Iron Lion
www.ironliondgs.com
2012 Iowa Team Champions
nydle28011

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments