2013 Team States

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby Sprague » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 am

Awesome - yes it was awesome!
User avatar
Sprague
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am
Location: ROCK ISLAND

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

all trash talk and confusion aside, this IS a great event and I'm glad I got to help make it successful this year. In the end we're all friends that have one thing in common - we're competition junkies!

And for the record I'm not sore because Tanner's leaving - maybe I have a chance at making one of the teams now! :?
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8537
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am

GDL17921 wrote:In the end we're all friends that have one thing in common - we're competition junkies!

True, still think you're all a bunch of dickwads tho....
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 am

Sprague wrote:I call.

I'll try not explain it so much...show up or don't.

I think people enjoyed the team aspect of last years, and I don't settle for mediocre - I'm not waiting till the last minute to punt.

Des Moines is prolly just sore cause they lost Tanner. :wink:
havent heard anyone being sore cause were losing him so no assuming christopher :lol: ass me n u ssssssss.
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:34 pm

you guys do realize that the only reason stibs gave tanner the job was because of this event so he could play on team IC... jus sayn
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby Discgo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:11 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Sprague wrote:I call.

I'll try not explain it so much...show up or don't.

I think people enjoyed the team aspect of last years, and I don't settle for mediocre - I'm not waiting till the last minute to punt.

Des Moines is prolly just sore cause they lost Tanner. :wink:
havent heard anyone being sore cause were losing him so no assuming christopher :lol: ass me n u ssssssss.
ass menu? really? :D
Discgo
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Abe Froman wrote:you guys do realize that the only reason stibs gave tanner the job was because of this event so he could play on team IC... jus sayn
go back into hibernation :lol:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Clue » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 am

Hells yes I'm sore about losing Tanner. I'm still pissed we lost Sprague!
Clue
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:47 am

if we lose fausch im moving to bondurant
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Grimm » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:22 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:if we lose fausch im moving to Sutliff


ha
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Sprague » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:53 am

I won't risk explaining what Doug and I have been working on, but he helped solidify a shotgun start first round while maintaining the singles & doubles combined feel.

Where we had a choice, we made decisions that would not unnecessarily benefit stronger teams.
User avatar
Sprague
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am
Location: ROCK ISLAND

Postby Clue » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Sprague wrote:Where we had a choice, we made decisions that would not unnecessarily benefit stronger teams.

Whatever, sounds like nothing but thumbers and left-handed shots with a testicle hanging out. I call shenanigans.
Clue
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:00 am

Clue wrote:
Sprague wrote:Where we had a choice, we made decisions that would not unnecessarily benefit stronger teams.

Whatever, sounds like nothing but thumbers and left-handed shots with a testicle hanging out. I call shenanigans.
lmao
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby 1semenking » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Like_Water wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:whats the over/under on how many pages this thread will have by the day of the tourney ? i set it at 34 :D


Let's start with pages before a date and rules are set. Still at 34?


Still gotta take the over!! Show up or don't Chris??? We need to know when to show up!!! Better hurry or you may have to miss one of the zillions of tourneys already being played!!!
1semenking
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Ames

Postby Sprague » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 pm

1semenking wrote:
Like_Water wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:whats the over/under on how many pages this thread will have by the day of the tourney ? i set it at 34 :D


Let's start with pages before a date and rules are set. Still at 34?


Still gotta take the over!! Show up or don't Chris??? We need to know when to show up!!! Better hurry or you may have to miss one of the zillions of tourneys already being played!!!

I wrote this Feb 2012:
Sprague wrote:I personally will not be attending a 12hr marathon of 8 hole match play no matter who runs it.

I presented ideas to Tanner and Clue (now it makes sense why that conversation was one-way, despite there request for my input).

My suggestion was:

8 players

1st round - doubles (4 teams per town)

2nd round - Quad Alternate (one doubles team drives on even holes, other on odd - best shot off tee - then your other team throws the second shot - best shot...and so on) each town has two teams 2nd round. to explain this another way - think singles alternate shot except you have a partner on your turn.

3rd round - You play as an 8 person team - alternate shot (built in gallery of 24 people or 32 people depending on groupings)

4th round finals - top however many teams in the finals.

There would be points awarded each round based on your finish (details here can be worked out later)

This format is a true team effort - every team gets to enjoy the coveted team alternate with a huge gallery in tow.

A team tournament with a true team feel...just my thoughts.

GDL17921 wrote:I will be running this.

Chris, you will not need to take your ball and go home. What you're describing is exactly, well, with some minor differences, the format that I would love to see and what I will run. All you guys that want to help, you can help by getting your teams together and being here. We need 9 teams. I read through the thread and really liked Doug's idea of making it a little more team oriented, and always have.

I was thinking it's going to go something like this:
8 man teams with a rating cap of around 7650.
First round would be best shot, each match worth a point.
Second round would be best score doubles with each match also worth 1 point (ties halve both rounds).
Then round three will be the top 4 teams in a single elimination 9 hole 8-man alternate shot playoff. Team 1 (with the most points) facing the 4th team head to head and 2 & 3 facing off as well.
I haven't decided if this format will be match or stroke, I'm leaning towards match. Then, after those two matches, the top two will face off for the finals.

So basically, a perfect score would be 10 - 4 team wins in round 1, 4 team wins in round 2, and 2 wins in the playoffs. I'm still a little iffy on the scoring, we'll get it ironed out once I get a chance to take in all of ya'll's feedback to this post and talk to some of the key players.

I think this format might make the day a little shorter than in years past, but will make it a little more fun and team oriented.

Flame away. Be honest, I can take it.

On Feb 13th 2012 Jay wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
Nohr wrote:Date and location?


It's on the calendar for 3/31. Location TBD. I'm leaning towards Ewing, but I could be convinced to use Boone. :twisted:


So I guess we're ahead of schedule.
User avatar
Sprague
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:32 am
Location: ROCK ISLAND

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests