2012 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby laubdog93 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Awesome, Cant wait for tomorrow!
Hopefully I wont be to warn out from the Dropkick Murphys concert tonight
laubdog93

Postby Like_Water » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:54 pm

laubdog93 wrote:Hopefully I wont be to warn out from the Dropkick Murphys concjert tonight

Anything worth doing is worth doing right.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:59 pm

you should be OK Jake, you get to ride in a cart all day tomorrow!
GDL17921

showdown

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey folks. My computer is still jacked at the moment so I am at my Mom's checking on things. Please get ahold of me by cell phone if you have a question about tommorrow. In the meantime, here are a couple of updates:

1. As Krazy said, the player packs are assembled and as of 9:00AM the 50 shirts I have are accounted for through pre-registration. The player packs are pretty sweet overall. For those that are pre-registered, the difference between this and an A-tier is simply the discs (but the raffle should solve that).
2. Any baskets going out to the course before tomorrow should be sure there is a person in the clubhouse that can allow you INSIDE with it. The maint. guys don't know or care whats going on but the inside people know and understand.
3. Any baskets coming out Saturday morning should plan to be there at 7:30 AM. Assuming there is no frost we will begin putting them out immediately.
4. Course is flagged and ready to go except the tee signs and baskets being put out.
5. Everyone will need to sign in tomorrow morning (even if you are pre-registered). It will take just a minute.
6. For those that are not pre-registered (paid), registration will begin as soon as the doors open on the shop at 7:30AM. Based on what I have been hearing and getting calls for, be there early to make sure you are in. Cap will be at 94ish like last year.
7. Shane and Beery will need a few hands in the morning to get the baskets in place. The course has a couple of hauling carts and the regular golf carts we can use so it should move quickly.
8. Reminder -- no outside alcohol can be brought onto the premises. Ultimately, I know someone will try. I have a good thing going with the course here, so violating this rule could damage that and I would be forced to be the bad guy. They have plenty for sale.
9. Carts will be assigned during both rounds. This is a little inconvenient, but necessary for the liablity policies at the course. I will make every effort to ensure it goes efficient. Be patient and things will go smooth.
10. Gonna be a chilly start tomorrow, but the overall weather looks good. Hopefully those of you that played last year and want another crack at it in calm conditions will get what you want.

Cant wait myself. See you all in the morning. Remember to call if you need anything as I may not goet to a computer again before tomorrow morning.

Damon

P.S. Is Ticles playing disc or watching football tomorrow?
DLCdisc

Postby Discgo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm

I got dibs on this cart
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby AO » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 pm

If anyone from CR is going tomorrow please pm me. I have some Discraft things to give Damon. Thanks
AO

Postby Like_Water » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

AO wrote:If anyone from CR is going tomorrow please pm me. I have some Discraft things to give Damon. Thanks

So you are NOT?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Re: showdown

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 pm

DLCdisc wrote:P.S. Is Ticles playing disc or watching football tomorrow?

Gotta miss this year unfortunately Damon as my Cyclones are going to need all the help they can get tomorrow. Hopefully it works out next year as this tournament was a freaking blast last year.
discgolfduval

Postby Sidearm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Looking forward to this. I hope I get up early enough to get a spot.
Sidearm

Postby Marcovis » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Can't wait for tomorrow!
Marcovis

showdown

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Discgo wrote:I got dibs on this cart

Unless you are bringing it with you, I am afraid you are S.O.L. Thats the one I am using to roll around the course and heckle :D .
DLCdisc

Re: showdown

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:57 pm

discgolfduval wrote:
DLCdisc wrote:P.S. Is Ticles playing disc or watching football tomorrow?

Gotta miss this year unfortunately Damon as my Cyclones are going to need all the help they can get tomorrow. Hopefully it works out next year as this tournament was a freaking blast last year.

Dam shame dude. The Hawkeyes, despite not being good at all, have played alot better in the games that I wasn't watching. Just saying. Good luck anyway.
DLCdisc

Showdown

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 pm

So much for that warm fuzzy feeling knowing you are ahead of the game in getting things ready for an event :roll: . Good news is I am ready and I am making it to bed before midnight this year. Probably wont sleep too well anyway. See everyone in the morning and looking forward to a fun day for all.
DLCdisc

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 pm

got wrapped up in life/work & lost track of November coming - able to show up and pay/play tomorrow?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby GDL17921 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am

ghstinshll wrote:got wrapped up in life/work & lost track of November coming - able to show up and pay/play tomorrow?

yup get there by 8
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments