HWY 69 DUBS Sep 29 2012 Indianola/Des Moines IA

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby RelentlessLefty » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 am

I would like to say it is very frustrating when your playing inter. or rec. or whatever and you get beaten by a player who you feel is "bagging". I am guilty of complaining about this. Realistically a true competitor should never have that thought in his head, he should be focused on how he can play the best golf he can that day, do the best he can to win, and be a good sport. This gets lost on the golf course many times because playing to win can be stressful, and losing sucks.

I posted on the board to Claring because I thought that the rules had been broken by the individual who had won intermediate. The reason I thought that was important is because it is important for amateur players to have a fair level of competition at the inter. level. This goes the same with rec. etc. In my opinion it helps the sport grow.

Like previously mentioned the hwy 69 dubs was a amazing well ran tournament. And Claring has obviously taken care of the situation. I could not have asked for more.

last thing I would like to mention is that i have never played with the player who won inter. But if he doing things on the disc golf course that is unsportsmanlike you should say something to the tournament director rather than calling him an asshole on the board. once again imo that helps the sport grow.

sorry for this stupidly long post.
good luck to Claring, Thad, AO, and Clue at the USDGC!
RelentlessLefty

Postby Discgo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 am

Doing extremely well at a tourney at your home course can get you an inflated rating if it is your only rated round. From all the times I have played with Jeremy he is borderline Int/Adv.

I am going to point out his rating and what it means to him as I am sure if he knew he wasn't allowed to play in a division by the rules he wouldn't. Looking back on his winning margins he probably does need to move up.

I have never known him to be unsportsmanlike and have always enjoyed the rounds we have played. If anything the guy is a true competitor.

Thanks for all the work you put into the events last weekend Chris and family.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Clue » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:16 pm

I didn't get a chance to say anything earlier, but huge props to Joe and Chris. We were both playing nearly perfect golf only missing a couple of *tweener* holes like 3,6,9 and 10 at Ewing. They missed 2, we missed 12 and that was it until 18. They opened the door, but Fausch and I both choked our upshots. Even if we get up and down there's no telling what happens in sudden death.

Lost in the shuffle was that both Mikal/Lindsley and GDL/Valverde played really well. You just can't miss a single shot in that weather at those courses... Good playing with all of you.
Clue

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Just caught wind of this. Nice shooting team bearded husker!
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby diskey river » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Discgo wrote:Doing extremely well at a tourney at your home course can get you an inflated rating if it is your only rated round. From all the times I have played with Jeremy he is borderline Int/Adv.

I am going to point out his rating and what it means to him as I am sure if he knew he wasn't allowed to play in a division by the rules he wouldn't. Looking back on his winning margins he probably does need to move up.

I have never known him to be unsportsmanlike and have always enjoyed the rounds we have played. If anything the guy is a true competitor.

^
THIS

He has been playing tournies in the IC area for a few years. In the past, without a number, he has played advanced when playing real well.

If your worried about some guy's pdga rating during a competitive round, then you've already been beat.
diskey river

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:03 pm

diskey river wrote:
If your worried about some guy's pdga rating during a competitive round, then you've already been beat.

Probably by the dude with the higher rating.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Detra319 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:03 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
diskey river wrote:

ba dum bum shh.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:12 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
diskey river wrote:

LOL :lol: :lol: Well put MDR.
discgolfduval

Postby robizm » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm

I got last in INT and had a blast...played with a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in months....weather was great...tourney was ran well.....courses were real nice (first time on pickard)

got what I wanted out of it

8)
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments