4th Annual Wildcat Bluff Open

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Results are up. Hopefully there's no mistakes.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/96863/1697856903

We also had 5 Rec's:

Mike Kriz 81/79 160
Bill Hayes 92/78 170
Elijah Jeffrey 93/83 176
Chuck Fellers 96/83 179
Brian Jeffrey 94/116 210
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby AO » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 am

Thanks Wildcat CREW! Great work and course was amazing as always. Nice we had almost a perfect day. Rained the first 5 holes and then nothing. Looking forward to seeing all new upcoming changes and to everyone who goes there...keep your eyes on the trees. All kinds of crazy stuff going on up there.
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:34 am

I just want to say thanks to everyone who showed up, we had a great turnout despite the gloom and doom weather forecasts. Don't ever let the weatherman scare you away from a good time.

Congrats to all the winners, AO you just crushed it. As Sprauge said, you were on another level than everyone else.

Chase, thanks again for all you do, we love having you guys up each year. Great showing by the Iron Lion crew, you guys are the best.

Lastly, big thanks to TD Steve for putting this tourney on. It takes a lot of hard work and planning and it is much appreciated by all. We hope to see you next year for the 5 year anny.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 am

Jadams wrote:Not trying to take focus off this great tournament however I believe the people running it and the ones attending should be aware of a very possible weather situation that could occur in Central to eastern Iowa Staruday afternoon to evening. Please read here and be prepared to keep an eye out so everyone stays safe.

http://iowachase.com/2012/10/10/october ... -outbreak/

These guys know their business.

Those guys know jack shit, much like the people that believe scare posts about weather conditions a week away. Great Job!

And BTW....Its Wildcat. You just go play and deal with whatever.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:02 am

Hindsight is 20/20, and now after hearing how it was weatherwise Saturday, I wish I would've gone, but trust me, if you were in DSM Saturday morning, you weren't driving up there in that - and after 13 years of playing 15+ events a year, I'm over dealing with whatever.
GDL17921

Postby AO » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 am

I would agree. The drive to Urbana was not good. Going 45-50mph on I380 because it was dark and pouring so hard was making me think twice about playing. Glad I did and if lived in Des Moines I probably would have stayed home too.
AO

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:16 pm

I understand what you're saying about scare posts Chase, that being said that was not his motive to keep people away just be forewarned what you might be dealing with. He doesnt want people to get hurt, the bottom line is nobody did lets just be thankfull for that. Not trying to argue just sayin his intentions were genuine not to harm.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Jadams » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:44 pm

First off Chase if those guys are idiots then so is everyone else who predicted this included NOAA. If you look to the south the weather was very dangerous and multiple tornadoes touched down. If you think this was a scare tactic then you are just ignorant in that facet of life. Everyone knew it was supposed to rain. The weather channel isn't that hard to look at. I also posted before the tourny how the same site that doesn't know anything said that the main threat was pushing south of I-80.

Other than that I apologize for this post to everyone else. Glad the tourny went well and as always thank you to the wildcat crew for creating and maintaining the best course in Iowa.
Jadams

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Jadams wrote:First off Chase if those guys are idiots then so is everyone else who predicted this included NOAA.

You are correct Sir.

Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 pm

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:I understand what you're saying about scare posts Chase, that being said that was not his motive to keep people away just be forewarned what you might be dealing with. He doesnt want people to get hurt, the bottom line is nobody did lets just be thankfull for that. Not trying to argue just sayin his intentions were genuine not to harm.

I understand totally. Weather forecasters never intend to Chuck up the weekend, they just usually do. Maybe for future reference, wait until you know its a sure thing. People like Lindsley and DSM'ers scare easy.

Chase20460

Postby The Donator » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:I understand what you're saying about scare posts Chase, that being said that was not his motive to keep people away just be forewarned what you might be dealing with. He doesnt want people to get hurt, the bottom line is nobody did lets just be thankfull for that. Not trying to argue just sayin his intentions were genuine not to harm.

I understand totally. Weather forecasters never intend to Chuck up the weekend, they just usually do. Maybe for future reference, wait until you know its a sure thing. People like Lindsley and DSM'ers scare easy.

Ive played more tournies and league nights in the downpours/tornados/blizzards than I can even count. Probably more than 95% of the people on this board, and most of those downpours without an umbrella lol. Another complete whiff there Chase...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Discgo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Chase20460 wrote:

I understand totally. Weather forecasters never intend to Chuck up the weekend, they just usually do. Maybe for future reference, wait until you know its a sure thing. People like Lindsley and some DSM'ers scare easy.
fixed
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:39 am

If scared means whether or not I go has any implications on me putting food on the table, or that I'm not as gung-ho as I was 12 years ago (like Discgo is), then yeah, you're right Chase, I was scared to fvcking death. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:56 am

Good point Steve! Glad to see you made it!
Sunday in Muscatine was way worse...Rain was bad, Wind was torrential! In hindsight, still woulda played Urbana (thanks to other Steve, always love this tourn) but not Muscatine. OMG that was brutal. But, also glad I could show some support for those guy's first sanctioned event.

In other news, lost a white CE Firebird on 4. Hit a tree and spike hyzered into that area where it starts to turn left, but before the end of the turn. Under some leaves? Would love it back in the bag. Thanks!

Also, Jessie Kirk, who won Int. (good job), his PDGA # brings up a different player Steven L. Pliha......mix up?
Buzzz Killington

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Also, Jessie Kirk, who won Int. (good job), his PDGA # brings up a different player Steven L. Pliha......mix up?

Steve, you just need to change his PDGA number to 51235 on the score upload to fix that
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments