ProFlight Open Colfax 7-28-12 PDGA B Tier

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby shak » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Fun tournament just as I figured it would be. Even with the rain delay. I managed a 1st in my 2 year (recent) playing career: DFL in Intermediate! Yay for me! Nothing went right, I took a 6 both times on 15, numerous other 5s and 6s. Still had fun though. I also lost my go-to clear blue Millenium QOLS in the creek on 15 if anybody found it.
shak

Postby discgolfduval » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 pm

14 is what I would consider perfect but he had a bogey as well. Im thinkn 1075.
discgolfduval

Postby shak » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Clue wrote:
shak wrote:I went out today and threw a practice round. It appears from the markings that the entire gravel road around 12 is o.b. I threw a perfect drive (for me) on that hole and wound up perfectly in line with the hole but on the gravel road. That's a penalty? Maybe it's always been that way or maybe since the road goes all the way around you can't make some of it inbounds but I'm going to be annoyed with a good, straight drive right at the basket that gets a penalty because it's on a gravel road that you have to throw over. I may be wrong though, maybe this isn't o.b. I'm sure it will be covered in the players meeting.

I'm not a big fan either, however there's a good argument that it's the penalty for going for the pin from such long range. You can always lay up and then approach for 3 to take it out of play...

Thanks for the good answer. I liked it better than "throw better". For the record, I can't get to the pin anyway. The gravel is at my max distance so Shane is correct also, I do need to "throw better".
shak

Postby shane » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Here it is guys and gals. I wanted to just give a shout out to everyone that helped out today Amanda, Angie, Jenn I'm not even sure why I was there. You gals did a great job. Thanks to Dave and Krueger for sticking around and helping me break shit down also (I'm pretty sure I would still be there). Again thanks to all the guys for the help with the course work to. I do appreciate it. It takes hours upon hours to make a course look like it did that first round. On the bad side to that it only takes one little thunder storm to put a real damper on things.

Tanners round was so hot I had to drop the card. 1067 Great shooting TD way to bring that shit home bud!!! Congrats to Ernie Westmark, Carter Smith, Clint McDonald, Steve Rose, Mike Smith, Keri Haught, and Chris Spencer. All champions of their fields.

Thanks again for coming out it would of sucked to sit through a rain delay without any players there!

Oh and here's what you really are waiting for
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/ ... 437354#MPO
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby desertstormvet » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 am

Fantastic tourney ProFlight, loved the snacks, and water throughout the course. I wont complain about the rain, it was needed. This was my first time at this course, it was demanding and i liked it all except for that dreaded hole 7, it bit me twice. I plan on coming again next year. Thanks to all who put in the work on the course and running the tourney.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
desertstormvet

Postby JBOCK » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks to Proflight, Shane, ladies and everyone else that helped. I had a great time and course was in prime condition. Par'd 6 for the 1st time and a huge bird on 2 , dam them 5's and ob's .... All in good fun.... BTW free beer @ a tournament should be a standard :twisted:
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby shane » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks Shak, Desert and JBock. The kind words are appreciated. Good news everyone because of the rain the pool has already been confirmed for next year. I still want to see the belly flop and diving competetion go off too. I know all of the lifeguards (judges) were looking forward to it too. So next year I guess!!
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby really » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 am

had a great time on sat such a fun event loved the battle in the second round congrats carter
DGA
really

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks Shane, girls and everyone who had the course whipped into shape. Top notch all the way by ProFlight. I had a great time!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks Shane! Also thanks Amanda, Angie, and Jenn for helping him out! Shane, the fruit, snacks, water, tee-side tents and pizza at lunch was over the top. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's the little things like that that make tournaments BIG crowd pleasers. Even though I played pretty average and was basically distracted by what's poison ivy and what's not all day (inside joke), I still had a real fun day! Big props ProFlight, it was a first class event!
GDL17921

Postby claring » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:55 pm

GDL17921 wrote:Thanks Shane! Also thanks Amanda, Angie, and Jenn for helping him out! Shane, the fruit, snacks, water, tee-side tents and pizza at lunch was over the top. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's the little things like that that make tournaments BIG crowd pleasers. Even though I played pretty average and was basically distracted by what's poison ivy and what's not all day (inside joke), I still had a real fun day! Big props ProFlight, it was a first class event!

What you talking about it's all ivy :lol: :lol:
claring

Postby prodiscgolf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks Shane, Amanda, Angie, and Jenn for a great day of discin! Loved all the little things around the course -water and snacks - and huge props Shane for letting me use your umbrella. Living over here I've forgotten what rain is, and the gear needed to stay dry.

Chris, I hope you're not covered in ivy. That stuff's nasty. Unfortunately no green from Ron, though he said he was willing to put money on it.
prodiscgolf

Postby shak » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 am

I forgot to mention that I thought the custom stamp on the discs was awesome. I got there right at 10 am (overslept) and was very happy to get a nice Millennium Astra.
shak

Colfax

Postby DLCdisc » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Didn't play like I normally do on that course that I love and was in great shape. Shout out to Mike for hanging on for the W, to all the people that worked on the course, and to Shane, Amanda, and Angie for running a super smooth event with lots of perks. See you all at Ewing in a few weeks. Go ProFlight.
DLCdisc

Postby discgolfduval » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Atleast you beat your brother though right Damon? Oh wait.... :P :lol:
discgolfduval

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments