Border Bash III - August 25, 2012 - Forest City, IA

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:40 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:
Dale Jordal wrote:1…..Must land on pensila from tee. If not go to drop zone to throw next shot (until on peninsula)
example: Tee shot missed – go to drop zone and you will be throwing 3 from there.

There really needs to be a bail out area here or shorten up the tee. If there is a head wind, half the field wont even be able to reach the island. It really shouldnt be about how far you can throw but more if you can accurately land it in the circle. The 17th at Sawgrass isn't 308 yards.....
puss :D
:lol:That he is....But he speaks the truth. We were there before heading to CCO, and with the 15 mph headwind is was pretty tough to get it there, even tougher to land in the circle. I was the only one to get there, and the only one not to bogey...Nice putts guys
SARG27044

Postby AO » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 am

Dale,
You think SSA will be close to the same as last year? Looked like 58 in longs and 54 in whatever the medium layout is...
AO

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:43 am

SARG27044 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:
Dale Jordal wrote:1…..Must land on pensila from tee. If not go to drop zone to throw next shot (until on peninsula)
example: Tee shot missed – go to drop zone and you will be throwing 3 from there.

There really needs to be a bail out area here or shorten up the tee. If there is a head wind, half the field wont even be able to reach the island. It really shouldnt be about how far you can throw but more if you can accurately land it in the circle. The 17th at Sawgrass isn't 308 yards.....
puss :D
:lol:That he is....But he speaks the truth. We were there before heading to CCO, and with the 15 mph headwind is was pretty tough to get it there, even tougher to land in the circle. I was the only one to get there, and the only one not to bogey...Nice putts guys
ya i just plying w him i havent yet played it with the island but i like it :D
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

discgolfduval wrote:

That follows my thoughts as well, I like the idea of having the option of laying up and getting a 2 or sure 3 that way. This was also my thought when I designed this pole and how we play it in league.

A number of players express interest in doing the landing area with a drop zone.

The Blue tee is 340' to the center/pole (designed for ADV)
The White tee is 250' to the center/pole (designed for INT)
The Red is 160' to center/pole (designed for REC )

Note: the landing area is approx 70' dia (which I think translates into a "Chalanging but Fair " .... my guideline when I designing this course)

Watching the tourney last year and the May tourney this year I would say 70% made the landing area from their tee. I certainly see you point but I am neutral on this and see both sides have valid points ... so I am taking the easy way out and leaving it up to the TD, which approved this approch, and since we have never tried it yet, my opion is neutral. Maybe after we try it I will have a stronger opion one way ot the other... but right now I am trusting the TD.

I am always open to input.... so thank you.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 am

If it's going to be played as "must land on the island", then the white tee should be the longest tee played....IMO
GDL17921

Postby cgkdisc » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 am

You need at least 3 propagators to see unofficial ratings when you post scores and should have 5 to get official ratings. But you can get more than 5 if at least 3 props play the same layout twice, i.e. 2x3=6.
cgkdisc

BB

Postby DLCdisc » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am

GDL17921 wrote:If it's going to be played as "must land on the island", then the white tee should be the longest tee played....IMO

We must have played both last year. If I remember correctly, I laid up one round and hit the island with a midrange the second. Who knows? At my age I forget stuff :) . Looking forward to it.
DLCdisc

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:12 pm

CAMPING

If you are thinking about camping.... I just came from the park, and all the spots are open except one tent. So it looks like we will have plenty of room for everyone that wants to camp at the course.

Water Hazrd update:
The Winnebago river does have some water in it yet, south of the swinging bridge is basically a string of mud puddles.

The pond behind number 9 is almost gone... just one small mud puddle in the center.

The pond along 7, 8, 9, & 10 has water but is extremly low 4' or 5' lower than it was in May.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby cgkdisc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:26 am

Can't make it this year. Let's see if we can coordinate MN/IA schedules next year to have a Bash with more MN participation. Have fun and try to stay dry.
cgkdisc

Postby Like_Water » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:00 am

cgkdisc wrote:Can't make it this year. Let's see if we can coordinate MN/IA schedules next year to have a Bash with more MN participation. Have fun and try to stay dry.

We called in the rain to even things up, not scare you off. :)
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby laubdog93 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am

Is anyone from ames going?
laubdog93

BB

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 am

Like_Water wrote:
cgkdisc wrote:Can't make it this year. Let's see if we can coordinate MN/IA schedules next year to have a Bash with more MN participation. Have fun and try to stay dry.

We called in the rain to even things up, not scare you off. :)

This is not April in Lamoni where a 30% chance of rain translates to 90% chance you are getting wet. This time of year, I would say 30% means 30%. God I hope I am right :roll: . Either way, I will be up there this evening and hopefully beer in hand by 7:00. See you in the morning unless you are camping.
DLCdisc

Postby Beerman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 am

Never played here before, is the course cart friendly or should i bring my bag.
Beerman

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am

Beerman wrote:Never played here before, is the course cart friendly or should i bring my bag.

For the most part its cart friendly. Theres only one hole I know for sure where you have to climb a hill otherwise its pretty flat. Ground could be a little rough on the back part.
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:12 am

Plus a bridge with stairs that might make it a little difficult
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments