Border Bash III - August 25, 2012 - Forest City, IA

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Border Bash III - August 25, 2012 - Forest City, IA

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Border Bash III is also a stop on the 2012 Iowa Tour!

Last edited by Dale Jordal on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FCDGC Home of the:
IA/MN Border Bash - (Iowa Tour Event)
Battle at the Bridge - (North Iowa Tour Event)
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Dale Jordal » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 pm

I got a question PM me about pre-registation for the event and also campground registration.... it makes sense to answer them here for everyone to see.

First the DG pre-registration:
At the bottom of the flyer is Shane Stewart/Proflight contact information and he does take pre-paid registrations.

Second the campground:
The campground is first come first serve, however in the past we have always had plenty of room and it has not been an issue. The Disc
Golf HQ for the Border Bash has tpically been the first couple parking spots and we also try to let the TD/vendor have a parking space in the campspot just west of DGHQ to make things convenient for those that run the show.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 pm

hi dale is the project on hole one complete if so is there any pics anywhere
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Dale Jordal » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:06 am

[quote="blkwizardsonny"]hi dale is the project on hole one complete if so is there any pics anywhere[/quote]

It is 90-95% complete...plan is obviously to have it 100% before the Border Bash. Here is a picture form last year:

Since this picture we have the retaining wall set on the outside banks and river rock in place. Just have one row of block to set on the front and then the last load of river rock to bring in. The grass has been slow coming on the pennesila with all the foot traffic of the players but that is not a bad thing :) ... I feel good seeing golfers out there when I drive by.

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/Codeman1957/DiscGolf/FCDGCpole1_2658.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/Codeman1957/DiscGolf/Pole1_before.jpg[/img]

Still have some tree to put in on the north side (back side). We may even get Tee pads put in next to the walking path so we don't have to use the walking path.

Don't know if we will have pole #13 elevated this year.... but that has been in the plan since 2008. I do have the retaining wall block left from the pole 1 project to do it.

I had also hoped to have tee signs instaled on top of the tee posts this year but not sure we will get that done yet.... but we are making progress (slowly) every year.

EDIT - not sure why the pictures are not coming up.... try this link to see photos of the pole 1 project... http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 am

sweet thx dale cant wait to see it
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Dale Jordal » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 am

FOOD

Somewhere In another tread called What makes a good dg tournament I read " food on the grounds ". So I checked into this and found that our local scout troop would be interested in setting up their food trailer at Border Bash III. They ask me what should they serve.... so I will pass this question on to the forum, obviously I can not guarantee any choices but I will pass along any reasonable and serious answers along to them.

Once they have determined a menu I will also post it here along with the prices.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 am

burgers and brats
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Single L » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:41 am

The grilled chicken and burgers are always a big hit at Legion of Doom. A value option of a hot dog is also always nice to have. Chicken is a must IMO. They have always had a ribeye sandwich as well, but its a little pricier and Hy-Vee does the grilling, so the cost is low for them compared to the Scouts. I'd skip that option.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby desertstormvet » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Another thing that seems to go over well is barbeque pulled pork/beef sandwiches, or the good old stand by, Maidrites.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
desertstormvet

Postby Dale Jordal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:26 pm

The good news is.... if you didn't like our water hazards last year, they will be much more forgiving this year as we are way down on rainfall.

I walked across the Winnebago River without getting my feet wet last month and it is only worse this now... see newspaper article and photo

http://globegazette.com/forestcitysummi ... f887a.html

Blue tee 9 used to take 280-290' to clear the water... it is significally less this year, Number 6 used to have the pond boarder the basket on the south .... that has dried up as well to give everone a much larger landing zone. Number 9 White and Red tees are also easier should someone drive go long or short the front pond is as low as I ever seen it and the back is basically dry up with just a mud puddle left in the center. Obviously the moat arond pole one will be dry ( it was full for our Battle at the Bridge tourney in May )

Hope to see everyone on the 25th

Dale
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Postby Dale Jordal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 am

Dale Jordal wrote:FOOD

Somewhere In another tread called What makes a good dg tournament I read " food on the grounds ". So I checked into this and found that our local scout troop would be interested in setting up their food trailer at Border Bash III. They ask me what should they serve.... so I will pass this question on to the forum, obviously I can not guarantee any choices but I will pass along any reasonable and serious answers along to them.

Once they have determined a menu I will also post it here along with the prices.

Still working on this ..... however Winnebago Ind Inc has moved up their company picnic to Aug 25th ! So I have lost the scouts to a bigger food venue (they cut and run :shock: ). Any way I have a lead on food trailer that I am told is interested ... hope to be back with details.

On a different topic.... it looks like we will have at least one if not two TV stations covering part of the Border Bash. We also will have some folks from Waldorf taking photos and video during the event.

Hope to see everyone Aug 25th ... Tree Town will be busy as we again will be playing beside the ball golfers in their Pro/Am tourney, the Winnebago Company picnic, FAVA has their gand opening, and Waldorf has something going on as well on, and I just heard there is an event out at Heritage Park all on the 25th.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Border Bash.

Postby DLCdisc » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:59 am

Planning on coming up the day before and camping. With that much going on in town, do you think I will need to reserve a campsite? If so, do you have the contact information?
DLCdisc

Postby shane » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Not to far away. thought i should remind everyone that this is right around the corne. 500 added for pro purse 300 added to the ams. great course guys very much a hidden gem.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby discgolfduval » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Just played this course last Friday. The water is definitely down but the course is still looking good. They could go for another burn on the backside though to get rid of alot of that undergrowth again. Looking forward to this!
discgolfduval

Re: Border Bash.

Postby Dale Jordal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:50 pm

DLCdisc wrote:Planning on coming up the day before and camping. With that much going on in town, do you think I will need to reserve a campsite? If so, do you have the contact information?

Camping is first come first serve, but I don't expect any extra trafic at the campground that weekend .... we should be in good shape for anyone that wants to camp (please keep the three or so campspots on the north end open as we typically use that area for disc golf tournament HQ . I just stated we don't reserve spots :oops: but I think the park dept said they are goning to close off those spots for us to use during the tourney.
FCDGC Home of the:
Forest City, Iowa
Dale Jordal

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments