BSD 2012

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby The Donator » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:38 pm

So the next one is a month or so right?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:53 pm

get one going the bsd is anually you cant win a title then say your bsd champ bud nice try :D :D
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:43 pm

doing some thinking and i think we should keep it centrally located so travel is not a problem . but up for whatever . and would also like to hit more than a wedge on everyhole ssss so i would like a lil tuffer ballgolf course lil longer not alot .have few ideas for here just ideas mind you , beaver creek/ walnut , toad valley / colfax ,tci (lil more expensive)/ big creek ,pickard shrts or longs/deer run ,ewing/blank,terrace hills ball golf and disc golf :shock: that would be tight damon uh hello give me some other ideas and see what we come up with
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:29 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:doing some thinking and i think we should keep it centrally located so travel is not a problem . but up for whatever . and would also like to hit more than a wedge on everyhole ssss so i would like a lil tuffer ballgolf course lil longer not alot .have few ideas for here just ideas mind you , beaver creek/ walnut , toad valley / colfax ,tci (lil more expensive)/ big creek ,pickard shrts or longs/deer run ,ewing/blank,terrace hills ball golf and disc golf :shock: that would be tight damon uh hello give me some other ideas and see what we come up with
toad, terrace, and westwood to me seem fairly equal in shots and length. For ball golf I would say TCI, Legacy, Honey Creek (Boone), Veenker, and Jester prob add enough length and shot variation (cue obligatory blasting of my picks). All of these courses have great disc courses close by. Picking the right combo when there are so many great choices is a beeeyatch ain't it :) Honestly there really aren't any bad choices.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Captain » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:09 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:doing some thinking and i think we should keep it centrally located so travel is not a problem

How bout Peninsula/Finkbine? Centrally located and a lil longer than Westwood.
Captain

Postby The Donator » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:26 am

TCI is only $54 for 18 and a cart on the weekend. Would absolutely love to play there.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby shak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:33 am

The Donator wrote:TCI is only $54 for 18 and a cart on the weekend. Would absolutely love to play there.

I agree, TCI is awesome and $54 isn't ridiculous for 18. I have no idea how the Harvester stays in business charging $100 a round and being in the middle of nowhere.
shak

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:39 am

shak wrote: I have no idea how the Harvester stays in business charging $100 a round and being in the middle of nowhere.

probably becuase it's the best course in the state and it's only 20 minutes from Des Moines, 4 lane highway all the way. I drive by it every day on the way to work.

And there's people that pay it. But I will stipulate that it never seems that crowded when I'm barrellin' by at 80.
GDL17921

Postby shak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:04 am

GDL17921 wrote:probably becuase it's the best course in the state and it's only 20 minutes from Des Moines, 4 lane highway all the way. I drive by it every day on the way to work.

And there's people that pay it. But I will stipulate that it never seems that crowded when I'm barrellin' by at 80.

It's a great course, no doubt about it. Probably my favorite of the courses I've ever played. But it's never been crowded (at all) the 5 or 6 times I've played it and I have to think the $100 cost is the big reason.
shak

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 pm

prolly, at a course like that when the per round cost is that high, you almost have to start thinking membership.
GDL17921

Postby 1semenking » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Ottumwa Country Club(open to public) and it's a great track, and any course in Ottumwa would be fun. Edmundson/Edmundson was mentioned by Scott earlier. If we were in I.C. i'd rather play Blue Top Ridge. Not sure how many played from The bluffs or western areas? If there was interest, Treasure Cove/Bent Tree.
1semenking

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:51 pm

BTW, Honey Creek in Boone has a rate of $35 unlimited golf w/ cart on Wednesdays. I'm going to take a Wed off sometime and go play all day. I'll post when I am to see if anyone else is interested.
rightcunnin

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 pm

The Donator wrote:TCI is only $54 for 18 and a cart on the weekend. Would absolutely love to play there.
this so far is my favorite choice to play but might not be agreed by everyone
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
this so far is my favorite choice to play but might not be agreed by everyone

I like this one also
rightcunnin

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 pm

just would hate to hinder the turnout but dont waana play crivaro and north forty sssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments