Weekend @ the Rez Turkey Creek / Sugar Bottom 6/23 & 24

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Crager wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
bman12449 wrote:
really wrote:hole 5 at walnut dont most "pros" try to crash the trees and get lucky. even though there is a clear low line


That line is tight, but u can also throw an anny there around the pine. Hole is 5 what most pros call a 3 hole, get a 3 and roll out if u get a birdie its a bonus. Tough putt even from the mouth of the green.
I could argue 2 long pin at ewing is a poke n hope for a lefty. Imo u gotta make a disc fly 225 then turnover. But im also the guy that put it there.
I love the fact we have holes in iowa that test are mental and our plastics limits. Some get easier with new discs some never will. I love the never will holes. Those are the ones you never forget.
Headn to Wildkitty n Sugar Britches next week. Cant wait to get my cherry popped at Wildcat. 8)
im gonna make sure they put 4 in the long and you will love it bmn its a lefty dream hole :D :D[/quote

I knew I could stir you guys up LOL

Wherever you guys want them for next week, hell, if you play 2 rounds you can move them right after you play them then you would be an official Wildcat Bluff Crew member 8)
4 in the yellow is the only one i can think of appreciate it i think were only doing one rd there :( any of you guys gonna fire with us ?
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Nohr » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 am

AO wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:
Crager wrote:I guess it pays off playing those poke and hope courses :wink:


Not really...as I wouldn't consider Turkey to be a poke and hope course like WC.


LOL! Only hole that I feel are poke n hope at WC.... #9 up high and #16 to the right..oh and #6 straight short


Calling wildcat a poke and hope is like calling picard a pitch and putt. You can do it but you just look like an idiot if you do.
Nohr
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids

Postby Crager » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Crager wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
bman12449 wrote:
really wrote:hole 5 at walnut dont most "pros" try to crash the trees and get lucky. even though there is a clear low line


That line is tight, but u can also throw an anny there around the pine. Hole is 5 what most pros call a 3 hole, get a 3 and roll out if u get a birdie its a bonus. Tough putt even from the mouth of the green.
I could argue 2 long pin at ewing is a poke n hope for a lefty. Imo u gotta make a disc fly 225 then turnover. But im also the guy that put it there.
I love the fact we have holes in iowa that test are mental and our plastics limits. Some get easier with new discs some never will. I love the never will holes. Those are the ones you never forget.
Headn to Wildkitty n Sugar Britches next week. Cant wait to get my cherry popped at Wildcat. 8)
im gonna make sure they put 4 in the long and you will love it bmn its a lefty dream hole :D :D[/quote

I knew I could stir you guys up LOL

Wherever you guys want them for next week, hell, if you play 2 rounds you can move them right after you play them then you would be an official Wildcat Bluff Crew member 8)
4 in the yellow is the only one i can think of appreciate it i think were only doing one rd there :( any of you guys gonna fire with us ?


Oh yea, there will be a few of us there.
Might have to put 14 in C too. :twisted:
Last edited by Crager on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:20 pm
Location: 1 mile North of Wildcat Bluff DGC

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 am

really wrote:just the whole am thing in general is a dumb statement if i pay to play pro every tournament i will be right about every thing. thats how it works?


calm down there team long suck dong, we're just playin' and havin' a friendly discussion :lol: .


The premise of my point is that calling a whole course a poke and hope is busch league. Narrow it down a little like AO did. Maybe a hole or two. And I agree about hole 9 at Wildcat. Probably one of my favorite and least favorite holes out there. Is that even possible? :lol:

Hole 2 at Ewing isn't a poke and hope IMO, it's a tight shot that requires shot commitment and skills.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby The Donator » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 am

GDL17921 wrote:Hole 2 at Ewing isn't a poke and hope IMO, it's a tight shot that requires shot commitment and skills.

Totally agree for the straight two, but not the right "position" though. No line whatsoever.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby The Donator » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

Anyone else go 2-3 on hole 7? or i guess 4 hole 12 both rounds for that matter :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6304
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:33 pm

IHearChains wrote:
AO wrote:LOL! Only hole that I feel are poke n hope at WC.... #9 up high and #16 to the right..oh and #6 straight short


I gotta disagree on #16 right. It is only poke and hope for people who refuse to throw RHFH for some odd reason. I am not that good and yet throwing RHFH I have a putt for birdie there probably 70-80% of the time.


That hole sucks. Its still lucky even with a forehand shot. 2-3 trees at the top need to go and some lower left side green...and about the whole right side...and a healthy selection through the middle.

In my opinion, and Ive always been vocal about it, that hole vs the course is like a hot chick with herpes. Tainted.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:08 pm

and after Indianola gets expanded down thru the park.....it'll be gone.
User avatar
GDL17921
 
Posts: 8553
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:57 am
Location: on a rock

Postby Hamer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
IHearChains wrote:
AO wrote:LOL! Only hole that I feel are poke n hope at WC.... #9 up high and #16 to the right..oh and #6 straight short


I gotta disagree on #16 right. It is only poke and hope for people who refuse to throw RHFH for some odd reason. I am not that good and yet throwing RHFH I have a putt for birdie there probably 70-80% of the time.


That hole sucks. Its still lucky even with a forehand shot. 2-3 trees at the top need to go and some lower left side green...and about the whole right side...and a healthy selection through the middle.

In my opinion, and Ive always been vocal about it, that hole vs the course is like a hot chick with herpes. Tainted.


Hey Chase, quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.
:lol:
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Iowa City

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron