Weekend @ the Rez Turkey Creek / Sugar Bottom 6/23 & 24

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby really » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am

diskey river wrote:^^
Second round at Turkey played a lot harder than 1st round with the different pin placements.

not really seemed to be about the same some holes shorter some longer.
DGA
really

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am

do we really have to have the "how ratings are calculated" disc-ussion again? :lol:
GDL17921

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:
Crager wrote:I guess it pays off playing those poke and hope courses :wink:

Not really...as I wouldn't consider Turkey to be a poke and hope course like WC.
i wish u would quit hating on wc dawn ur gonna get hurt :D :D
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:

Not really...as I wouldn't consider Turkey to be a poke and hope course like WC.

pfft, let him hate.

For the record, "poke and hope" is amateur talk for "the line is too small for me to hit and I can't control my disc". But go ahead Joe, and tell yourself there aren't lines out there, if it makes you feel better about not being able to hit them. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby really » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:

pfft, let him hate.

For the record, "poke and hope" is amateur talk for "the line is too small for me to hit and I can't control my disc". But go ahead Joe, and tell yourself there aren't lines out there, if it makes you feel better about not being able to hit them. :lol:

wildcat has lines i agree. but some holes on some courses are poke and hope. so not just am talk for cant hit lines
DGA
really

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:34 pm

really wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:

pfft, let him hate.

wildcat has lines i agree. but some holes on some courses are poke and hope. so not just am talk for cant hit lines

if you're going to jump into the discussion Cass, and make an arguement, use examples please, so I can refute them by attesting it to amateur design.
GDL17921

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 pm

really wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:

pfft, let him hate.

Walnut #17

:D
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby really » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm

just the whole am thing in general is a dumb statement if i pay to play pro every tournament i will be right about every thing. thats how it works?
DGA
really

Postby SpikeHyzer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 pm

GDL17921 wrote:make an arguement, use examples please, so I can refute them by attesting it to amateur design.

Hole 10 at Ewing is little much for me...stupid tight fairways.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby really » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm

hole 5 at walnut dont most "pros" try to crash the trees and get lucky. even though there is a clear low line
DGA
really

Postby bman12449 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 pm

really wrote:hole 5 at walnut dont most "pros" try to crash the trees and get lucky. even though there is a clear low line

That line is tight, but u can also throw an anny there around the pine. Hole is 5 what most pros call a 3 hole, get a 3 and roll out if u get a birdie its a bonus. Tough putt even from the mouth of the green.
I could argue 2 long pin at ewing is a poke n hope for a lefty. Imo u gotta make a disc fly 225 then turnover. But im also the guy that put it there.
I love the fact we have holes in iowa that test are mental and our plastics limits. Some get easier with new discs some never will. I love the never will holes. Those are the ones you never forget.
Headn to Wildkitty n Sugar Britches next week. Cant wait to get my cherry popped at Wildcat. 8)
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:02 pm

bman12449 wrote:
really wrote:hole 5 at walnut dont most "pros" try to crash the trees and get lucky. even though there is a clear low line

That line is tight, but u can also throw an anny there around the pine. Hole is 5 what most pros call a 3 hole, get a 3 and roll out if u get a birdie its a bonus. Tough putt even from the mouth of the green.
I could argue 2 long pin at ewing is a poke n hope for a lefty. Imo u gotta make a disc fly 225 then turnover. But im also the guy that put it there.
I love the fact we have holes in iowa that test are mental and our plastics limits. Some get easier with new discs some never will. I love the never will holes. Those are the ones you never forget.
Headn to Wildkitty n Sugar Britches next week. Cant wait to get my cherry popped at Wildcat. 8)
im gonna make sure they put 4 in the long and you will love it bmn its a lefty dream hole :D :D
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Crager » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
bman12449 wrote:

im gonna make sure they put 4 in the long and you will love it bmn its a lefty dream hole :D :D[/quote

I knew I could stir you guys up LOL

Wherever you guys want them for next week, hell, if you play 2 rounds you can move them right after you play them then you would be an official Wildcat Bluff Crew member 8)
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby AO » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Like_Water wrote:
really wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:

pfft, let him hate.

Walnut #17

:D

LOL! Only hole that I feel are poke n hope at WC.... #9 up high and #16 to the right..oh and #6 straight short
AO

Postby IHearChains » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm

AO wrote:LOL! Only hole that I feel are poke n hope at WC.... #9 up high and #16 to the right..oh and #6 straight short

I gotta disagree on #16 right. It is only poke and hope for people who refuse to throw RHFH for some odd reason. I am not that good and yet throwing RHFH I have a putt for birdie there probably 70-80% of the time.
IHearChains

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments