2012 G&L Clothing Challenge

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 pm

Barry A Cackener wrote:
shane wrote:Throw a wedge straight ahead on a hyzer watch it flip right in time to land 50 ft staight down the fairway. You all are over thinking it.
nice wedge lol I call , you cant do it over 60% of the time ssssssss proflite gvcc
way to doubt your sponsor then spell his company name wrong sssssssssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby bman12449 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Barry A Cackener wrote:
shane wrote:Throw a wedge straight ahead on a hyzer watch it flip right in time to land 50 ft staight down the fairway. You all are over thinking it.
nice wedge lol I call , you cant do it over 60% of the time ssssssss proflite gvcc
way to doubt your sponsor then spell his company name wrong sssssssssss

Nice E in proflight barry. im guessing the E stands for east high where you got your spelling lessons.

Btw hole #17 is worst lefty hole ive ever played. Tanner and Cory hit the nail on the head way to fluky to think you can get there everytime. ive never birdied it and all i do is throw hyzer after hyzer at it. I usually hit one of the trees in the fairway or hit one of the trees and land in the rough. I would love to see 4 or 5 trees in what should be the fairway removed. I prefer the old pins on this hole, and they setup better for a righty.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby claring » Thu May 31, 2012 9:14 pm

bman12449 wrote: ive never birdied it and all i do is throw hyzer after hyzer at it. I usually hit one of the trees in the fairway or hit one of the trees and land in the rough. I would love to see 4 or 5 trees in what should be the fairway removed. I prefer the old pins on this hole, and they setup better for a righty.

That's cause you can't throw it far enough :shock: :lol: :lol:
claring

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Marcovis wrote:Steady, I've got lots of 3's on 17 by throwing my drive straight ahead with a buzz, then throwing a thumber over the trees. Usually land 25' or less to the basket.

I'm not sure I could throw a thumber that far. Plus, the wind was so strong right to left it didn't make sense to try it. Same with the spike. I figured the worst I would make is a 4 this way.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm

grodney wrote:2004 Worlds

A Pool (top Pro Pool)
6% 2's
58% 3's
28% 4's
7% worse
Deuces were by Schultz, Rico, Feldburg, Middlecamp

G Pool (top Adv Pool)
3% 2's
39% 3's
47% 4's
11% worse
Deuces were by Mike Medalia (950 rating), Larry Kempen (954 rating)

Those stats aren't that horrible, are they? I suppose one would hope that the "risk" of going for the 2 would be the possibility of making 4 or worse by going in the trees. The "safe" 3 probably needs to be easier, especially now. Eh, whatever.

I imagine the chute is tighter and the over-the-top is taller now than 8 years ago.

Good stats! I'd like to see what the stats were for this year.
Team Iron Lion
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
"Frisbees are a hobby; disc golf is a sport."
Steady 26542

Postby The Donator » Thu May 31, 2012 10:03 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:
grodney wrote:2004 Worlds

A Pool (top Pro Pool)
6% 2's
58% 3's
28% 4's
7% worse
Deuces were by Schultz, Rico, Feldburg, Middlecamp

G Pool (top Adv Pool)
3% 2's
39% 3's
47% 4's
11% worse
Deuces were by Mike Medalia (950 rating), Larry Kempen (954 rating)

Those stats aren't that horrible, are they? I suppose one would hope that the "risk" of going for the 2 would be the possibility of making 4 or worse by going in the trees. The "safe" 3 probably needs to be easier, especially now. Eh, whatever.

I imagine the chute is tighter and the over-the-top is taller now than 8 years ago.

Good stats! I'd like to see what the stats were for this year.

99% of us, at least in BW's, still go for it every time for some reason, probably because we have all deuced it once and think we can do it the majority of the time. Im sure the stats are still the same. Still an absolutely horrible f-ing hole though.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby shane » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:51 am

I think its a great hole one of the best players in the world just took a 7 on it for whatever reason while another took a 3. Seems like a good spread to me. And barie Ive played it twice this year both times wedge =3 thats 100% so f off.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:54 am

Yeah, fvck off Ernold :lol:
SARG27044

Postby crazykrug » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 am

shane wrote:I think its a great hole one of the best players in the world just took a 7 on it for whatever reason while another took a 3. Seems like a good spread to me. And barie Ive played it twice this year both times wedge =3 thats 100% so f off.

should have went all in Shaner, would have been an easy pot to claim

Sorry Mr Met, you would have been knocked out of the tournament, game set match, I witnessed one of the two times he did it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:19 pm

I'll toss up the BW stats for that hole on here one of these days. Seems we had this discussion before. I've seen a lot of lead changes on that hole. As far as not having the arm is irrelevant. That could be said about a lot of shots on a lot of holes.

It's a poke and hope for the deuce. Sure is a great feeling when you do. But if you nut your drive for the up and over route your bound for a 3 unless you get a bad kick. Of course sometimes you think you had the perfect drive only to find it fade into the left bunker which is worse than going OB sometimes. Overtime up and over may not be an option then who knows.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:04 am

I agree that 17's fairway could use a little clearing, but overall I love that hole. For those who screw it up, "to the winner go the spoils". :twisted:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Beerman » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 am

Fyi, we only talk about course change/design on Wednesday nights. We hold double secret meetings that I announce location and time just prior to wednesdays. If you would like to discuss changes to hole 17 please attend one of these meetings. 8)
Beerman

Postby Discgo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 am

Beerman wrote:Fyi, we only talk about course change/design on Wednesday nights. We hold double secret meetings that I announce location and time just prior to wednesdays. If you would like to discuss changes to hole 17 please attend one of these meetings. 8)
where to this Wednesday?
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:55 am

Discgo wrote:
Beerman wrote:Fyi, we only talk about course change/design on Wednesday nights. We hold double secret meetings that I announce location and time just prior to wednesdays. If you would like to discuss changes to hole 17 please attend one of these meetings. 8)
where to this Wednesday?
We could use some fill behind the retaining walls Weaver built at my parents...
SARG27044

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am

What the stats don't tell you is the fact there is no legit route. For a 350' hole, no one wants to throw 150' and then 200'. The other point is, it's almost as difficult to land in the 10' circle that gives you a shot, as it is to just bomb over the top and hope you get lucky.

5 stroke swings with no OB is a little ridiculous IMO.

I'm a homer and feel comfortable on the hole, so I don't really care. Just kind of a bummer that a hole with so much potential to be great, isn't.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments