2012 G&L Clothing Challenge

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Clue wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:I'm not much of a believer in "tweener" holes.

Which inherently means you aren't a believer in good and bad holes, just holes. By that same logic you ought to double your prospective dating pool.

No, I just think people call any hole that isn't at the extreme end of the par spectrum a tweener instead of what it is which is a hole that is on the easier end of the spectrum. Why is it such a bad thing to have an easy par 4 or an easy par 5? And why does that equate to it being a bad hole. I don't see the connection. Mostly I think you wanted a platform for your dating pool line, which by the way, made me laugh :D
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby AO » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:Best 17th hole in the metro IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

still making me laugh.
AO

Postby Clue » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Tweener holes absolutely exist. For instance, at Humboldt this last weekend, one of the add on holes was right at 500ft with no trees. Both rounds everyone came up 100-120 short, layed up to 10ft and made 3. One exception, a guy muffed his drive, but still got up and down because there was no obstacle. Don't take my word for it, Houck has written at least 100 articles about it.
Clue

Postby shane » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:38 pm

I agree 17 isnt a tweener its a par 4 that you can eagle why is that hard to accept. Im 950 and I think there is plenty of fairway. Some shots are harder then others. Onw other thing 10% of you would be there to move it and the other 90% of you would be there the day before to say where the 10% should move it to. Just sayin...
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Single L » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:27 am

Clue wrote:Tweener holes absolutely exist. For instance, at Humboldt this last weekend, one of the add on holes was right at 500ft with no trees. Both rounds everyone came up 100-120 short, layed up to 10ft and made 3. One exception, a guy muffed his drive, but still got up and down because there was no obstacle. Don't take my word for it, Houck has written at least 100 articles about it.

"NAGS" Zones
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Beerman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:43 am

Clue wrote:Tweener holes absolutely exist. For instance, at Humboldt this last weekend, one of the add on holes was right at 500ft with no trees. Both rounds everyone came up 100-120 short, layed up to 10ft and made 3. One exception, a guy muffed his drive, but still got up and down because there was no obstacle. Don't take my word for it, Houck has written at least 100 articles about it.

I thought if the average pro couldn't reach the green off the tee then its a par 4.

The Avere jenkins of the world would love this hole because they could duece it and you couldn't.

The real problem with defining a hole as a twener is that the distance used to quantify a tweener changes with every golfer.
Beerman

Postby Single L » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:54 am

Beerman wrote:

The real problem with defining a hole as a twener is that the distance used to quantify a tweener changes with every golfer.

That's where the issue when people try to define par. Par is not based on each golfer, its based on what level of golfer the hole was designed for.

Quote from CK regarding a different hole on a different course, but the logic's the same:
Bottom line is if at least 2/3 of the player skill level a shot is intended for cannot make it, then it descends into luck. That's what it boils down to no matter where you place the pinch point. If only half of the players at a skill level can execute the shot, why is that any different than a coin flip?

IMO, like Tanner pointed out, its not a matter of par, its a matter of if its a bad hole or a good hole. Using Chuck's logic, which I agree with, its a bad hole.
Last edited by Single L on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby The Donator » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:56 am

Beerman wrote:

I thought if the average pro couldn't reach the green off the tee then its a par 4.

The Avere jenkins of the world would love this hole because they could duece it and you couldn't.

Meh, more like if 99% cant reach it and provides no scoring separation like what Clue is talking about, then its a tweener. This Avere jenkins character and the other 1% would just have an edge on scoring better.

Also cannot compare "ball" golf in this tweener talk at all.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm

i disagree i think half people on this thread can get it there over the top just none try i like the hole i think
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Barry A Cackener » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:i disagree i think half people on this thread can get it there over the top just none try i like the hole i think
I agree, it is a good hole, while staying in the fairway safe may still yield alot of 4's , the risk / reward of a2 -6 range possibility makes a late hole score separator , and hole 18 lol what a joke , a perfect shot down a really skinny fairway after 3 brutal holes, and ya leave that fvckin thing for the reward , about 3-4 trees on 12 are 1/2 rahtarded too , hard to pick apart a course I consider world class . Dueces
live laugh love blow me
Barry A Cackener

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Barry A Cackener wrote:and hole 18 lol what a joke , a perfect shot down a really skinny fairway after 3 brutal holes, and ya leave that fvckin thing for the reward

Not like you don't see it...obviously it's NOT a perfect shot. If it was 400 foot hole, I'd agree more...right now, it's fine.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby really » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:55 pm

i think hole three needs to be changed wide open with a drop off to the right what a dumb hole :lol: :lol:
DGA
really

Postby Barry A Cackener » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm

claring wrote:
bman12449 wrote: ive never birdied it and all i do is throw hyzer after hyzer at it. I usually hit one of the trees in the fairway or hit one of the trees and land in the rough. I would love to see 4 or 5 trees in what should be the fairway removed. I prefer the old pins on this hole, and they setup better for a righty.

That's cause you can't throw it far enough :shock: :lol: :lol:
ssssss sssssy
live laugh love blow me
Barry A Cackener

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Single L wrote: there is no spoon...
##39027
ghstinshll

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments