The safari layout for the second round on this is nearly finalized. There are a few of the regular holes that will be used, but other than that it will be an Ankeny course none of us have seen before. Not saying its gonna be as killer as TPC or even a couple of our bigger courses, but if you have played Ankeny as many times as I have this will be a welcome and challenging change.
1. There will be Juniors and womens divisions. I want to make this event accessible to some of the people that don't play much or are just getting started. The Juniors and rec women will just play one round and the layout will be slightly modified for them so as not to slow play down overall. Juniors and rec women will be $10 instead of the $20 for all other divisions.
2. There will be some raffle prizes.
3. There will be a 50/50 drawing. Buck a chance or 6 for $5. You get drawn and you get half the cash. The other half goes to the charity.
4. There will be prizes sold through either a blind bidding process or through a progressive bid sheet posted next to the item. For example: The Iowa Barnstormers have donated four free 100 level tickets to any game ($80 value). Not all of the prizes are just for the guys. Most of my helpers for this event are women and they are looking for additional sponsors in other places, so bring you girlfriends, wives, and/or mistresses out for their chance to play or get some prizes.
5. There will be several donated discs for sale ranging from old and used to brand new. (IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DONATE LET ME KNOW). I have a stack of old discs that I usually give to people that are just starting the game. Some of those will go for a dollar or less just to help the charity.
6. There is meat being donated, so there will be grilled food (likely brats, burgers, etc.) for sale between rounds with all proceeds going to the charity.
7. Side action will be available to the competitors that want to go after some cash. $10 per person and will pay the top 1/3.
8. There will probably be T-shirts for sale from previous HD events with all proceeds going to the charity.
I hope to see a lot of you out there for a fun day of disc golf. It is my intention as always, to have a well run event that is fun for all involved. I am just getting warmed up, so more to come. Stay Tuned!