2K12 OPC Open -- March 17 -- Oskaloosa, IA

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby TTrammel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Hey Tiki,
Travis Trammel #36487 Open Master's ,Cole ledbetter , and my son Cody Trammel and Dustin Well's are coming for sure, not sure of other three's division's probably Open , Adv , and Rec please save us spot if you could Thank You ! Look's like no rain for Sat. at all now so it's gonna be awesome! :D
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm
Location: Hell

Postby TTrammel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:10 pm

:D Don't they got a division for the really old guy's , ya know 50 and over Innis and Peyton ! Geez man why even have age restricted division's everybody should just have to shoot Open F--- It ! (Who care's if there's three or not!)
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm
Location: Hell

Postby AO » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:45 pm

I'll be there.
AO
 
Posts: 4315
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Postby TTrammel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 pm

:D Damn that was fast Thank's Tiki
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm
Location: Hell

Postby Skell » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:19 am

I see MSN is saying 40% thunderstorms all day. What is the local weather stations saying down there?
User avatar
Skell
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:54 pm
Location: Northwood, IA

Postby Discgo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:41 am

Skell wrote:I see MSN is saying 40% thunderstorms all day. What is the local weather stations saying down there?
nothing local, they use almanacs.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Location: behind the basket

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:31 am

Clue wrote:Holy old balls batman, Shane making his Masters debut!
I like it. Made the jump to ADV awhile back, everyone jumped to Open. Moved to Open, everyone got old and went running to masters :lol:
SARG27044
 
Posts: 6724
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: D.M.

Postby 1semenking » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am

Skell wrote:
Tiki wrote:http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2012_PDGA_Tour_Standards_v2.pdf

Check out the tour standards. $50 is the recommend NET charge. Add $2 player fee, $2 IA Tour fee and $2 Ace Fund gives you $56. I round up so I don't have to deal with ones. Your June C Tier is undercharging you.


Why would you round up, especially when it is $4 up? That is making your NET charge $54 ($60 - $6 for all that other stuff). On those Tour Standards that you linked it says that the TD is strongly encouraged to NOT EXCEED the values in the chart which for Open is $50, so you have gone above thier recommendations by 8%. Now take another instance you have a NET charge of $24 for intermediate and they recommend not to go over $20 for Intermediate, on that one you have gone over by 20%. If I was running a PDGA event I would definitly round like you are because I hate taking in a bunch of ones also, but I would round to the nearest $5 increments and I would always try to round it down, and not up, so that I would be staying within the recommended guidelines. Just my two cents on this discussion about entry fees.


WHOA there Skell!!! if you did that you would be "undercharging". Thats funny shiat tiki
1semenking
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: Ames

Postby TTrammel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am

SARG27044 wrote:
Clue wrote:Holy old balls batman, Shane making his Masters debut!
I like it. Made the jump to ADV awhile back, everyone jumped to Open. Moved to Open, everyone got old and went running to masters :lol:

:D Yeah Tyler that is funny shit I've been using adv. Master's and open Master's to get me prepared to go to OPEN seem's like everybody else want's to hurry up and get to the age restricted division's "makes no sense" let's hurry up and be OLD
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm
Location: Hell

Postby Skell » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:13 pm

1semenking wrote:
Skell wrote:
Tiki wrote:http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2012_PDGA_Tour_Standards_v2.pdf

Check out the tour standards. $50 is the recommend NET charge. Add $2 player fee, $2 IA Tour fee and $2 Ace Fund gives you $56. I round up so I don't have to deal with ones. Your June C Tier is undercharging you.


Why would you round up, especially when it is $4 up? That is making your NET charge $54 ($60 - $6 for all that other stuff). On those Tour Standards that you linked it says that the TD is strongly encouraged to NOT EXCEED the values in the chart which for Open is $50, so you have gone above thier recommendations by 8%. Now take another instance you have a NET charge of $24 for intermediate and they recommend not to go over $20 for Intermediate, on that one you have gone over by 20%. If I was running a PDGA event I would definitly round like you are because I hate taking in a bunch of ones also, but I would round to the nearest $5 increments and I would always try to round it down, and not up, so that I would be staying within the recommended guidelines. Just my two cents on this discussion about entry fees.


WHOA there Skell!!! if you did that you would be "undercharging". Thats funny shiat tiki


Yeah I guess I would be "undercharging", wouldn't I? lol

But at least I would be staying at or under what the PDGA is recommending to me to not exceed! Which would only make players happy, and not give them any ammo for coming back at me with, if they felt it was too high. I could say with confidence that I am staying within PDGA recommendations.
User avatar
Skell
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:54 pm
Location: Northwood, IA

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:35 pm

only the pros want the purse that high but not i
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby Clue » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:58 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:only the pros want the purse that high but not i

Don't lump me into it. I'm a big proponent of lower entry fees.
Clue
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Des Moines

Postby Tiki » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/85139#Open

Registration is updated as of 5:45. Up to 36 spots are still available so if you know someone coming and they are not on the list, let me know.
User avatar
Tiki
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Oskaloosa, Ia

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Clue wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:only the pros want the purse that high but not i

Don't lump me into it. I'm a big proponent of lower entry fees.
most pros lol
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: GVCC

Postby shane » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:51 pm

It seems obvious to me... if you don't like the price why complain just don't play.

And before any of you get on me about "being the vendor blah blah blah" you should look at proflightdiscs.com for our entry fees this year.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Des Moines

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron