Iron Lion Presents: Middle Dubs, Sunday March 18, 2012

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby JDSpil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Scootvw wrote:My name is Scott Stauffer. And yes at middle during first round on the 11th hole as my card approched you very rudely came up to me and "KILL YOUR PHONE" because I was playing music. it was playing on the hole before and you stood there bobing your head and said nothing.

hi scott and yes i remember that and in fact i quietly told you to kill your phone because 1. its supposed to be off or on silent during a tourny, and 2 at the time i dont remember exactly there was either a group putting on 17 or we were teeing off but one of those two things was happening at the time so you should be being quiet. and i dont recall you playing it on the hole before or i would have said somthing to you then. if you feel i was rude i understand, and i hope you understand how rude you were being by playing music on your phone while playing a tourny people pay money to play and your supposed to be aware of others playing and not interfear with them, which a phone ringing which is what i thought was happening at the time not just you playing music which is even more rude you might have forgot to turn off the ringer i atleast understand that, but to be playing music willingly and complain about me being rude for telling you to shut it off thats pretty rude and disrepectful of all the other players. so sorry you thought i was rude, and im glad you now know you cant do that on the course during a tourny.
JDSpil

Postby Scootvw » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:37 am

Maybe some music what u need to improve your game :D
Scootvw

Postby JDSpil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:48 am

Scootvw wrote:Maybe some music what u need to improve your game :D

ill try that, by bringing a set of headphones and using them so i don't distract other players, thanks for the advise
JDSpil

Postby desertstormvet » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:29 am

Done
Last edited by desertstormvet on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
desertstormvet

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:14 am

man I don't think I've ever seen so much butt hurtedness over what's supposed to be a fun day.

And for the record, the rec division is designed for players playing their first or second tournament. I don't give a shit how bad you suck. Somebody has to lose in intermediate. All you've done is effectively become a blow hard in the rec division, which turns people OFF that are trying out competitive golf for the first time. Treat people with respect on the golf course, always, and none of this shit is going down. The result will be that this thread is more about thanking Chase and Jess for running this event for you to enjoy, which is what it should be about at this point, instead of your hurt butt.
GDL17921

Postby desertstormvet » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 am

done
Last edited by desertstormvet on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
desertstormvet

Postby tufluk » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:18 am

My butt doesn't hurt. 8) But I am sorry for raining on a parade. :oops:
You are correct, GDL. The work of running a tourney is daunting. Packing the van, keeping track of entries and making brackets is a bust your butt proposition. Combine that with an absolutely perfect March day, doubling the turnout. Having to decide on the fly to include another entire course, that hadn't been prepped. Wow!! Then totaling scores and re-making brackets during lunch. Afterward, totaling scores again, awarding prizes, loading the van, knowing you get to re-stock the store and post scores on Monday???
That doesn't include the week Brandon spent prepping middle. Moving baskets, trimming, etc.
Also the stupid spotter, running around in waders on a hot day.
And for that a 3 page diatribe over basically NOTHING????
I, for 1 will not post rules stuff on a tourney thread again. There is a thread just for that already :idea:
tufluk

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 am

Yeah your welcome, and this is a bunch of cry baby bullshit. Im getting really tired of all it.

Ive been running tournaments for 7 years and this is by far the biggest waste of my energy yet. We ran a great tournament in the eyes of 130+ people, but 4 or 5 are putting the Quad City Disc Golf Scene and OUR TOURNAMENTS in jeopardy of losing players.

This is totally uncalled for and you all need to grow up. Dont want to come back to the QCs anymore, FINE.

Desert Storm Vet:

Play a few more events and youll figure out there are worse people out there. You will also figure out people like to play by the rules. You will also figure out we have awesome golf here and not everyone is out to ruin your day, which by the way, Spilman wasnt out to do. Your 42 years old or whatever, ACT LIKE IT.

Spilman:

Some times it helps to have a little tact when your speaking to people, even when they dont offer it back ( in your opinion. ) your relentless posting about all of this has been pointless. Just let it go. You presented a better picture to me than others did, but I wasnt there and I cant say what happened. All I know is when you came to the shop and talked to me, I took you for your word and that was that. All this is just making it more irritating. Just let it go.

Gene:

Mind your own business. I appreciate your help and everything you do for QC disc golf in the short time you have been involved, but your not helping and your posting is pointless as well.

To ALL:

None of this is getting anyone anywhere, and the only people really hurt by it are the QC disc golfers that work hard to put in and keep the courses clean so people want to come here, and of course, MY Chucking BUSINESS, since a huge part of it is TOURNAMENTS and now people are questioning if they should be playing here.
Since your all so wrapped up in your pity party that should have been over 2 days ago, please, GROW UP or Ill just delete the whole Chucking thread.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby JDSpil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 am

GDL17921 wrote:man I don't think I've ever seen so much butt hurtedness over what's supposed to be a fun day.

And for the record, the rec division is designed for players playing their first or second tournament. I don't give a shit how bad you suck. Somebody has to lose in intermediate. All you've done is effectively become a blow hard in the rec division, which turns people OFF that are trying out competitive golf for the first time. Treat people with respect on the golf course, always, and none of this shit is going down. The result will be that this thread is more about thanking Chase and Jess for running this event for you to enjoy, which is what it should be about at this point, instead of your hurt butt.

For the record ther is a ratings system that gives guidlines on what bracet to play in, its not just for people in there first few tourneys, furthermore I was explaining rules to players who otherwise did not know them. I didn't start this so get off your high horse, if this was people dragging your name through the mud you'd be pissed too.

I know its easy to pick on me for this, lies and acusations are all you have too go off of, if you don't belive my sde of the story then fine dont , but also don't go opening your mouth if you don't know what your talking about

And don't worry I thanked chase and jess for the great time and brandons my best friend since I was 3 they've been properly thanked
JDSpil

Postby JDSpil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 am

Chase20460 wrote:Yeah your welcome, and this is a bunch of cry baby bullshit. Im getting really tired of all it.

Ive been running tournaments for 7 years and this is by far the biggest waste of my energy yet. We ran a great tournament in the eyes of 130+ people, but 4 or 5 are putting the Quad City Disc Golf Scene and OUR TOURNAMENTS in jeopardy of losing players.

This is totally uncalled for and you all need to grow up. Dont want to come back to the QCs anymore, FINE.

Desert Storm Vet:

Play a few more events and youll figure out there are worse people out there. You will also figure out people like to play by the rules. You will also figure out we have awesome golf here and not everyone is out to ruin your day, which by the way, Spilman wasnt out to do. Your 42 years old or whatever, ACT LIKE IT.

Spilman:

Some times it helps to have a little tact when your speaking to people, even when they dont offer it back ( in your opinion. ) your relentless posting about all of this has been pointless. Just let it go. You presented a better picture to me than others did, but I wasnt there and I cant say what happened. All I know is when you came to the shop and talked to me, I took you for your word and that was that. All this is just making it more irritating. Just let it go.

Gene:

Mind your own business. I appreciate your help and everything you do for QC disc golf in the short time you have been involved, but your not helping and your posting is pointless as well.

To ALL:

None of this is getting anyone anywhere, and the only people really hurt by it are the QC disc golfers that work hard to put in and keep the courses clean so people want to come here, and of course, MY Chucking BUSINESS, since a huge part of it is TOURNAMENTS and now people are questioning if they should be playing here.
Since your all so wrapped up in your pity party that should have been over 2 days ago, please, GROW UP or Ill just delete the whole Chucking thread.

Your right chase and thank you, from his point its dropped by me.
desertwarvet please come to another event in the qc, and inform me when you do, cause I will pay your entry fee out of good faith and to offer a final appology.
JDSpil

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 am

see this......it's me taking the high road.
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 am

Your welcome dude, and I am sorry this is going on. Like I said, you told me your side and I believed you.

Im not calling anyone else a liar or saying I dont believe them, Im just ready to end this.

I put alot of it on the shoulders of back ups and confusion, and not addressing everything at the players meeting like I could have. Having played over 100 tourneys, its not my first rodeo.

Everyone please keep in mind. Its a hobby for most, its my life full time.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Clue » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Sounds like everything has calmed down, thankfully. I hope people learn from this. It's not the 1st time it's happened and it's not going to be the last. I think it's important to understtand that rules will and need to be addressed on the course, and it's natural to become defensive which is what usually leads to conflict. It only takes one of the two parties involved to defuse the situation.

I don't think there's any reason to hold Chase or Quad City disc golf liable, this stuff happens everywhere. I'm sick I wasn't able to make this tournament. Middle is one of my favorite courses, and I always love playing QC events. 130 players...amazing! Combine that with the roughly 100 players at Osky and not that much crossover, you're talking over 200 players in a mid-March weekend!

Lots of great events coming up this spring. Get out and keep playing!
Clue

Postby Hamer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Chase and Jessica:
I had a great time at this tournament. I had not played in a tournament in a while and it was excellent to get out and enjoy the sweet weather in the month of March. Thank you for hosting this event. Good work on the course at Middle Park by Brandon Timper.
Andy Hamer
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby peyton » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:12 pm

I had fun Chase. Sprague and David were very pleasant to play with both rounds.
peyton

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments