Iron Lion Presents: Middle Dubs, Sunday March 18, 2012

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:09 pm

discdude08 wrote:

Brittanie
(posting under BT bc I can't get my own name approved)

check out the very top post in the stuff thread.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm

GDL17921 wrote:and so should spotters.....js

What can I say? I'm old.
tufluk

Re: Lost Disc

Postby JDSpil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm

tufluk wrote:
JDSpil wrote:
desertstormvet wrote:
tufluk wrote:
desertstormvet wrote:Tufluk, did you find a red Star Valk in the water against the far wall on hole 3, it had a tourey stamp from a River Forest Run in Evensdale/waterloo? It had either DEhrik or Jim marked on inside rim with phone number. Had a good time at the tourney for most of the day, still learning the rules and everything with the game, wish that the guy who yelled at us about having three minutes to find a disc was a little nicer about it, I understand rules are rules and we are still learning them but we are in the rec division for that exact reason. I wont let that experience ruin disc golfing for me, but it could for someone else just getting into the sport.

When the sun was right, I could see fairly deep. I walked that bank several times in the area that your disc went. There is a trough through there about 5 ft deep. Impossible to see quite that far down. I looked around that beaver hut and in the undercut bank. Could not find your disc, or a leopard that went left pin high into even deeper water. I think that those were about the only 2 I couldn't retrieve. This morning's rain would muddy things up again. If we could get a week of dry, It might lower it enough to expose them. If I spot it later, I'll surely let you know. Sorry :cry:

And 3 minutes, on a kid, in rec, when you have to wait for 2 groups at the next tee??? Maybe you shoulda foot faulted the guy on his next fairway shot. I agree, rules are rules, but dicks are dicks too. :P
"Don't sweat the small stuff"

Thanks Tufluk, it was nice meeting you. I plan on doing WildCat dubs at the end of April, if you there I will come and say hi.

alright my name is Jason Spilman and im going to defend my actions, i approched an elderly gentleman to inform him that he and the young kid he was playing with only get 3 minutes from the time they start to look for the disc they lost in tourny play, i did this because i was informed that these two had been searching for their disc for some time already, when i started to tell the elderly man about how the rules work he cut me off mid sentence and informed me that if they stop looking they will just have to wait on the next hole for 2 other groups, well here's the deal the rules are there to help play move along and i was informing some people about these rules and how they work when i was rudely cut off and given an excuse, that im sure they hoped would let them stay there and ignore the rules. well ill be the first to admit i am a dick and can be one when need be, i was nice and informitive when i started the conversation, i chose to become a dick because i offered help so you would know the rules and you chose to not accept it, so you got what you deserved and im sorry for that. my partner and i had to talk to alot of the groups we played with about different rules and i hope they appreciated it cause it was good advise, and most of the time they actually listened, i took that gentlemans actions as him being a selfish dick to me so i changed how i was acting. so yeah rules are rules and you should follow them even if you didn't know about them 5 minutes before.
if you didn't know you had to stop at stop signs and i informed you that you had too, would you just still run them for a few days cause you didn't know earlier

The disc was IN THE WATER!!! They were not looking for a LOST disc. They were trying to retrieve an OUT OF BOUNDS shot. The three minute rule did not apply. Here are the two rules from PDGA.com:

803.09 Out-of-Bounds:A. A disc shall be considered out-of-bounds only when it comes to rest and it is clearly and completely surrounded by the out-of-bounds area. A disc thrown in water shall be deemed to be at rest once it is floating or is moving only by the action of the water or the wind on the water. See section 803.03 F. The out-of-bounds line itself is considered out-of-bounds. In order to consider the disc as out-of-bounds, there must be reasonable evidence that the disc came to rest within the out-of-bounds area. In the absence of such evidence, the disc will be considered lost and the player will proceed according to rule 803.11B.

803.11 Lost Disc:A. A disc shall be declared lost if the player cannot locate it within three minutes after arriving at the spot where it was last seen by the group or an official. Two players or an official must note when the timing of three minutes begins. All players of the group must, upon request, assist in searching for the discfor the full three minutes before the disc is declared lost. The disc is considered lost immediately upon the expiration of the three minute time limit.

I'm thinking this rule MIGHT apply.

801.03 Excessive Time:
A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
(1) the previous player has thrown; and,
(2) the player has taken a reasonable time
to arrive at the disc and mark the lie; and,
(3) the playing area is clear and free
of distractions.

Maybe, just maybe, one should understand the rules, and apply them correctly when telling (or suggesting to) someone else what to do.

That said, I agree with Chase that players themselves should always strive to keep the pace of play going.

I believe your misinterpiting this it says once you've determined the disc is lost, since you could not see exactly where the disc was in the water, then you follow rule 803.11 which clearly states you have 3 minutes to find the disc or its considered a lost disc. Call me a dick all you want all of you go at it, because if I come to you in good faith and give you advise, on rules of tourny play, and you ignore or give me an excuse, I could have been a real dick about it I just got stern cause it wasn't sanctioned. sorry ill just go ahead and ignore all the violations I see and when these guys move up and play in int and adv they'll. Just get warned and stroked all day cause they don't know.

Btw pace of play rule would apply as well
JDSpil

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:41 pm

i thought water was the exception of that rule maybe not i dont read them just wait to be told ssssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby JDSpil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Mabey people should take the time to understand the rules themselves, I did the right thing and I'm a little sick of the shit talking here. Sorry just does not seem like I have any backers here, I even get shit thrown at me when you put up the rules in your post that actually validated my point not yours. Its unfair so untll I see some apologies from some of you that are in the wrong here for your unfair bashing of me screw you.
JDSpil

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 pm

youll be ok
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby The Donator » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Man with this and that other thread im scared to play tournies in the QC now lol, what in the world is going on over there
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:22 pm

something in the water from the recent mississippi floods sssssssss jk easy
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Scootvw » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 pm

U seem really up on your stuff, like u been playing for years !
Why where u playing Rec ?????????
Scootvw

Postby tufluk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 pm

. :oops:
Last edited by tufluk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
tufluk

Postby gpdigity » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm

next time just flick those two water holes. mine seemed to all land by the basket. way easier, faster and no rule book needed.

or more practice j/k :P
gpdigity

Postby jess20460 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm sorry Jason..

I'm sorry Jim & Dehrik..
jess20460

Postby JDSpil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 pm

how about we get a few things correct first i came out gave you my name and explained the situation and what happend, no one else has done that, i dont see your expaination of what happened in out 2 minute (if that) encounter. i was told by two people that desertstormvet said i angrily came up yelling and kicked his disc, which did not happen i can up calmly and never yelled at him all, there were plenty of people there. so right off the bat complete lies about me. i was also told i yelled at somone to get off their phone, that never happened either, though my partner and i did make some jokes to each other about one player whos phone was attached to his hand for 4 or 5 holes, but i never even said anything to him. how about that more lies. id also like to know why you were standing in the fairway desertstormvet after the rest of your group had finished the hole, and the next group was teeing off, and as they yelled at you "hey we're gonna through" you never responded, which was the real reason i went to talk to you in the first place i did not want you to get hit by a disc. your in rec to learn so take the advise, im in rec because im not very good but at least i know what im doing, am very respectful of others, and take advise when its given without excuses. your probly a great guy desertstormvet and so am i we just got off on the bad foot. the quad cities has the best courses and the best tournaments in my opinion so dont let this experience stop you from experiencing all that we do have to offer here.

quit makining more excuses tufluk it was very clear they could not see the disc only where about it went in the water, i explained the rule which is correct you have three minutes too look for it and i think that was actually being nice, they probobly shouldnt even have been looking for it and on and had gene try to find it, or come back later. its curtousy to say the least. i also told him he had three minutes from now i didn not tell him to stop looking, as i see it it was pretty common sence. im getting pissed because people are dragging my name through the mud with lies im an adult i admit to my mistakes, my mistake here was becoming a dick after i was rudely cut off and given excuses, and for the way i acted to desertstormvet at that point i am sorry. i was trying to help you cant deny that. its not fun explaining to 4 people that you have to stand behind your disc not to the side 3 to 4 times throughout the round, or that you cant move those branchs for your partners shot, and you cant just break a branch off cause its in your way but would you rather i stood their and warned and stroked them for it all round, im sure that would have pissed alot of people off. if my disc is 150 foot up a tree can i climb it for 15 minutes and make everyone behind my card wait during a tourny to retreive it. i can acctually see it in the tree itll cause an even bigger back up than there is but ill get my disc thats good right. i just dont see the logic these 2 desertstormvet and his son tell lies about me, and based off the lies of how i approached the situation tufluk your gonna join in saying im a dick and i dont know the rules, ya saw the disc go in the water if he could see it he would have gone out and picked it up thats not the case he was out there searching cause he couldnt see it and then gene still couldnt find it later. how about the guy decides to not lie about my initial attitude and actions and been thankfull i wasnt letting another group of rec players throw at him standing in the fairway above the bank, and explaining why i was giving him 3 more minutes to look for his disc.

i know it was not sanctioned, which is why i was being so nice about it

3.2 Pace of Play
A. All competitors shall play without undue delay and will make every effort to keep up with the group in front of them. Players are required to quickly move from the completion of one hole to the tee area of the next hole. Also, while advancing down the fairway, the player shall not unduly delay play by his or her actions.

B. A player causing undue delays may be issued an excessive time violation by tournament officials. Please see PDGA Rules of Play 801.03B Excessive Time regarding specific penalties.

and it would be considered lost because they could not see the disc they only had an idea of where it went in at and had been looking for som time already after they rest of their card had finished the hole.

im not thinned skinned in defending myself from lies and distortion, ive appologized for my behavior some people need to be adults and appoligize for theirs. but im not holding my breath trust me, its a double standard and im getting the crap end of the stick on this one i cant win i know that ive seen this game before, there will be more and more excuses and slanders thats the way it works now adays. i just hope some people realized im responding to accusations made about me not creating them
JDSpil

Postby Scootvw » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 pm

My name is Scott Stauffer. And yes at middle during first round on the 11th hole as my card approched you very rudely came up to me and "KILL YOUR PHONE" because I was playing music. it was playing on the hole before and you stood there bobing your head and said nothing.
Scootvw

Postby JDSpil » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Scootvw wrote:U seem really up on your stuff, like u been playing for years !
Why where u playing Rec ?????????

i have been playing for 4 or 5 years now, and i just am not very good, in all honesty i hope this man and his son get better and better so they can move up and not be stuck at the same skill level forever like i am, this has also really focused me on getting better so i can play in int or adv and not have to deal with such trivial issues that should have been a complete non issue with alittle bit more patience from me, and alittle more curtousy from others
JDSpil

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments