2012 Legion of Doom

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby robizm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:58 pm

I couldn't finish reading some of those long ranting posts ...and I know as someone who plays less than 20 rounds a year I am the a-typical poster on this board, but 2 of those are the LOD.

My family/work life simply doesn't allow me to do 2 day tourneys so INT for me always. If this gathering felt like a bigger event and less like a family feel then I would bow out personally.

I've said it before but I started playing disc golf back in 1999 and Doug was organizing things back then and still is...what him and Trish and gang do for the LOD warrants my support of whatever they want it to be...nothing else
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby JBOCK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:13 pm

LOD? From the 5 pages, this sound pretty chucking awsome...Is there more info anywhere? Or invite only?
JBOCK

Postby IHearChains » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

JBOCK wrote:LOD? From the 5 pages, this sound pretty chucking awsome...Is there more info anywhere? Or invite only?

On the 2012 Iowa tournament schedule thread, it says May 19-20 for this year. You can find old threads on here from prior LODs to get some idea of what its been like in previous years. Don't know about the ancient history, but the last 3 were not invite only.
IHearChains

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 pm

rightcunnin wrote:I hope this doesn't hurt overall attendance but I just put my request for time off for LOD. FVCK YEAH BITCHES!!!!!!!!

Great, because I'm pretty sure mikal doesnt want to hang out with Beachy again! I got plenty of room and will Glady take reservations.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby JBOCK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:49 pm

IHearChains wrote:
JBOCK wrote:LOD? From the 5 pages, this sound pretty chucking awsome...Is there more info anywhere? Or invite only?

On the 2012 Iowa tournament schedule thread, it says May 19-20 for this year. You can find old threads on here from prior LODs to get some idea of what its been like in previous years. Don't know about the ancient history, but the last 3 were not invite only.

I see says the blind man pee'n into the wind.... Played this course once with a buddy. Hope I can make it.
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby rightcunnin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:I hope this doesn't hurt overall attendance but I just put my request for time off for LOD. FVCK YEAH BITCHES!!!!!!!!

Great, because I'm pretty sure mikal doesnt want to hang out with Beachy again! I got plenty of room and will Glady take reservations.
I'm not sure he could handle it again judging from what I heard about last year. Book the room Mr Marriotowski!
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Grimm » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:33 am

I'm never moving out, just so I have a place to crash for LOD.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Grimm wrote:I'm never moving out, just so I have a place to crash for LOD.

Great? So things are going well back home? I mean, I still have a home?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm

It's down to just beer now. I had to build a shelter out of the empties.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Grimm wrote:

It's down to just beer now. I had to build a shelter out of the empties.

Glad I bought bottles!
3x state champ runner up

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 pm

GDL17921 wrote:I believe Doug's issue is he doesn't want to take anymore from your entry fee than necessary to send to the man. I totally get wanting to offer a great event at a great value. LOD has always done that and will always going to be a good time

ding ding
Abe Froman

Postby peyton » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Sanctioned and ready to go. This tournament is for all divisions but only the pros and advanced are sanctioned for those who are not familiar.
peyton

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 am

peyton wrote:Sanctioned and ready to go. This tournament is for all divisions but only the pros and advanced are sanctioned for those who are not familiar.

What is this now the 17th or 18th LOD?
3x state champ runner up

Postby peyton » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:37 am

This is the 14th one I have run. I think there might have been one or two before that. Mike & Jeff ran one or two under the league before I took over in '99. Jones was always the big tournament until about 2001.
peyton

Postby QMikal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 am

rightcunnin wrote:

I'm not sure he could handle it again judging from what I heard about last year. Book the room Mr Marriotowski!

you never know, i might be up for "The 2nd Annual LOD BEACHY BASH!" :lol: So since i wasn't even in your division last year, who paid you guys from the masters division to get me drunk and get 4 hours sleep? haha and i am so in for LOD this year. Hell yeah!!!!!!!!
Don't worry about that big guy, I can scream like a school girl!
QMikal

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments