2012 Legion of Doom

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:08 pm

tufluk wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:
Master Lee wrote: Yet the PDGA still treat us as a second class citizen. This is from my personal experience in dealing with the PDGA, your experience may differ.

I think there's a lot of people that could benefit from talking through some of their hate of the PDGA, and move on. Don't you think it's a liitle ironic that people bitch about the PDGA - and then support them by renewing their memeberships every year and playing sanctioned events? Typicaly when I feel so strongly against something, I don't feed them money

What I will say though, is that one thing nobody gives the PDGA enough credit for is trying to clean up the image of the sport, which LOD absolutely doesn't do. I don't have a problem with that, it is what it is.

Haven't attended LOD, thinking about going this year. I probably shouldn't chime in, but....

Just a couple thoughts from an outsider:
1. On paying the PDGA. What choice do we have. They're the only game in town. Kinda like the Republican working for Deere (in IL). He pays UAW dues whether he agrees w/ the politics or not. I pay my PDGA dues because I don't think they are a BAD thing, just aren't sure they're a GOOD thing.

I hear ya, it's a valid argument except the union worker doesn't have a choice. We as disc golfers have a choice to make when we become a PDGA member or decide not to support the organization. You can still play tournaments as a non-member, just not A-Tiers, NT's and majors. I think I played one A-Tier last year so that would have been 1 event out of about 20 that I wouldn't have been able to participate. I'm sure there are more disc golfers that aren't members than are. It's a choice. If you like the tournament scene, you're essentially saying you like what the PDGA has done for disc golf. If you "need" your rating, you're essentially saying you like what the PDGA is doing for disc golf. So support them. If you don't understand about where your money goes, do some research and find out more about the organization and the staff that they employ and the tasks that they complete. It's simple, either support them or don't. I just don't get supporting them, and then bitching about it without a valid arguement. I've yet to see one that suggests anything tangible.

2. If LOD is just "a glorified Bushwhacker party" and was started as such, what's wrong with that??? What business does the PDGA have coming in and "cleaning up its image"? If disc golf has a "Hippie" image, and has been a relatively small sport, once the money gets good do we purge the "Hippie" element. (FYI I'm kinda an old hippie) Then we could be like soccer. Or ball golf. What would ball golfers say if their org, the PGA said lets get rid of the "upper crust, country club types" in their sport?

I recall when I said that I followed it up with ( :lol: ) Never said there was anything wrong with that. FYI, I'm a DSM BW, so I have no issues. All I'm saying is that some of the openly obvious extracurriculars would have to be a bit more on the DL due to rules if it was even a B-Tier.

3. Does everything have to evolve? From what I've READ (no personal knowledge) LOD sounds like a great time. Would moving up in tier level make it a better time? Just askin'.

Not necessarily. I believe Doug's issue is he doesn't want to take anymore from your entry fee than necessary to send to the man. I totally get wanting to offer a great event at a great value. LOD has always done that and will always going to be a good time, and I HIGHLY recommend that you attend this year. Your old hippy Camden II trollin' ass won't be disappointed. :lol:
BTW, thanks for all you've done over there. Been dreaming about C2 since 2000. Absoluetely awesome to see it come to fruition. My only regret is that I don't get to play it as much as I'd like to.
Last edited by GDL17921 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDL17921

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:09 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Master Lee wrote:
Master Lee wrote:Just wish Iowa would get the respect it deserves.

So please don't take any of what I have said personally... ...I'm kind of a Jerk :twisted:

I didn't at all. Just trying to encourage better discussion.

Greco calm down, it was a joke. I typically indicate that with these ( :lol: )fancy emoticons. What's wrong, you still pissed about not getting your money back from the whackoff? :lol:

There I go getting all serious again
:wink:
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby tufluk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks for the info. Will plan on attending.
tufluk

Postby Grimm » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Back on topic:

LOD Fvck YEA!
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby TreeLoveInman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 pm

WOOO for LOD....Chuckin A. Was my first one last year and so far still the best tournament ...Like someone mentioned it had a festival like feel with great golf talent...a b or c tier who f'in cares its just all about golf and fun ladies no more bitch'n!! BITCH'N!!!!
Team Iron Lion
TreeLoveInman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Grimm wrote:Back on topic:

LOD Fvck YEA!

I thought it was fvck yea bitches!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Potter » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:

LOD Fvck YEA!

^^THIS
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Grimm » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:41 am

Potter wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:

LOD Fvck YEA!

^^THIS

And more of ^^THIS. YEA BITCHES AND BUDDY'S!!!!
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby lennythrowsdiscraft » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:47 am

can I bring my cam again and watch mdr rage? was fun last time :) :) :)
lennythrowsdiscraft

Postby Nohr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm

I bet playing krumboltz is more fun than playing with your camera.
Nohr

Postby Dana » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:19 pm

lennythrowsdiscraft wrote:can I bring my cam again and watch mdr rage? was fun last time :) :) :)

Prove it
Dana

Postby robizm » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 pm

The weather was looking so iffy then it just opened up to a great day !! Amazing ! Love this tournament !
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby rightcunnin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:22 am

I hope this doesn't hurt overall attendance but I just put my request for time off for LOD. FVCK YEAH BITCHES!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:48 pm

im out now then ssss
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Dana wrote:
lennythrowsdiscraft wrote:can I bring my cam again and watch mdr rage? was fun last time :) :) :)

Prove it

agreed.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments