TPC Amana 3/25/12

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

So yeah, don't heat it up. I forgot about the galvanizing. Just thinking you don't want a bunch of marks from a hammer in it either. I have a pneumatic press I can use.
Last edited by Buzzz Killington on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buzzz Killington

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:You'll probably still want to heat it up before smacking it around

Better have good ventilation so you don't inhale too much galvanized coating. Heating it up will burn the coating off. You can buy cold galvanizing but it isn't as durable as the original factory stuff. For less than $80 bucks you can get it powder coated over the original galvanizing.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:50 pm

he is very correct, do not heat it up. I'd like to see a photo of it. I cant understand that much damage unless a tree fell on it. My bet would be a 2 lbs hammer and just taking your time.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments