28th Ottumwa Fall Classic Oct. 22

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

28th Ottumwa Fall Classic Oct. 22

Postby IowaDGer » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Indian Hills Community College - Ottumwa. Iowa

PDGA Event & 2011 Iowa Tour Finale

Entry Fees:

$45.00 Open Pro & Other Pro Divisions
$35.00 Advanced Divisions
$25.00 Intermediate Divisions
$15.00 Recreational & Jr Divisions

Fees include $2 PDGA fee, $2 Iowa Tour Donation to Edge, and $1 Ace fund. Everyone except Jrs must be a current PDGA member or pay an extra $10 fee.

All entrants must have an IHCC Bag Tag. Tags will be available to buy for $5.00 at registration or from Bookstore or a Security Officer.

Field Limited to 90 entrants. Tournament Hot Stamped Discs and minis available. New Gateway Driver to winner of each score card in Rd 1

Two rounds of 18 holes. Course in long, tournament configuration. First Round - long tees. Second round - short tees.

Prizes for CTP and Longest putt.

Last chance for Iowa Tour Division points. Winners announced and prizes awarded after Classic.

More info - Tom Cremer - 641-954-1380 & Thomas.D.Cremer@usps.gov
Last edited by IowaDGer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
IowaDGer

Postby Ferch » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:25 am

I can't wait for this tournament! I have always loved this course and missed it in recent years. Does anyone from DSM have an extra seat to this one?
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby Ferch » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 am

Still looking for a ride to this. I have no problem helping out with gas and I promise to be respectful to your vehicle. Oh ya, and I will shower and use some Axe, lol...
Ferch

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Anyone from CR want to go down to this? Might as well play every weekend in October, not to mention all the sweet courses!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Conrad 37988 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:06 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:Anyone from CR want to go down to this? Might as well play every weekend in October, not to mention all the sweet courses!

I'll be playing this. Let me know if you want to carpool?
Conrad 37988

Postby IowaDGer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:59 am

Tom showed me some of the discs today for the tournament Saturday. Some of them are really cool. My favorite one had the 28th Ottumwa Fall Classic in the middle and starting at the top and going clockwise, had all of the previous winners listed in order and how many times they had won. When the outside row was filled, there was a second row all the way around. I don't know how many of them he had, but my favorite one was in rainbow foil and would look great on the wall.
IowaDGer

Re: 28th Ottumwa Fall Classic Oct. 22

Postby iowapat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

IowaDGer wrote:All entrants must have an IHCC Bag Tag. Tags will be available to buy for $5.00 at registration or from Bookstore or a Security Officer.

Are there new ones available? I've played several rounds with an "expired" tag (December 2010) and security has never said anything to me about it...
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:15 am

Conrad 37988 wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:Anyone from CR want to go down to this? Might as well play every weekend in October, not to mention all the sweet courses!

I'll be playing this. Let me know if you want to carpool?

i'm not sure i've got the wife 100% on board, but if she goes for it, then yeah, you, me, and the potter can roll out sat morn.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Like_Water » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Not that it matters, I love Indian Hills, but why aren't you using either of the other two courses?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby IowaDGer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm

2011 tags are still available. I haven't heard a date for 2012 tags yet. As for playing with expired tags, it is OK by me. They do not check as many players as they did last year. You get one round/day for free. If you want to keep playing the course, stop a Security Officer and buy one and support the team/club. They are more interested in people walking around with a cigarette and a beer. Almost all of the disc golfers understand the difference between a school and a park. The bag tags are doing what they were intended to do. The idea was never to cut the fun or number of players. By state law, colleges are not to allow alcohol and tobacco on the campus. Several morons have been told to play elsewhere. Drunk and obnoxious will still get you a ride to jail.

Somebody asked why Tom did not use one of the other courses in town. Only Tom can say for sure, but he has mixed it up pretty well over the years. Both rounds were at Memorial last year. First round in long tournament layout will be fun. Second round from shorts with almost all of the baskets long will allow for some more birdie chances to move up. #6, #8, #11, #14, #15, #16, #17, and #18 do not have alternate pads, just long & short collars. Only #10 & 17 are in the short collars. This is my favorite layout. let us know what you think when you get done. We used the same layout for the Iowa Collegiate Disc Golf Championships a couple of weeks ago. They loved it. Too bad they didn't have team disc golf when I went to Hills.
IowaDGer

Postby Furniss » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm in
Furniss

Postby Single L » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:09 pm

IowaDGer wrote:By state law, colleges are not to allow alcohol and tobacco on the campus.

Actually, you're information is incorrect. Campuses are to be smoke-free pre the clean air act. However, the use of smokeless tobacco and alcohol are up to the individual schools. Most schools allow alcohol in dorm rooms if the student is of legal drinking age; and most also allow alcohol on the grounds for tailgating. Just happens that Indian Hills allows none of the above.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Ferch » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:23 am

Not that I don't mind an extra $5 to play this great course, but I was wondering one thing. By paying for this years tag so late in the season will it carry over into next year at all?
Ferch

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:24 am

its 5 dollars guys support them
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:40 pm

IowaDGer wrote:Both rounds were at Memorial last year.

wrong. First round was at Wildwood, second at Memorial last year.
GDL17921

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments