2011 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby eddiemac » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:39 pm

I thought it was a great time and I didn't even mind the weather. :D
Damon ur the man.
Good work to all the guys that worked their arses off.
"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded."
eddiemac

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 am

damon theres no way you should ever have to sit out your own tourney thats just jibberish i hope cant wait 4 next year
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:52 am

shane wrote:my first shot was supposed to be a hyzer, threw my fx and watched it go to the right of it's mark 150' ob turned around and said, well that was the most stable thing in my bag it's gonna be a long day.
If only there were someone around town who sold plastic.... :roll: :lol:
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 am

eddiemac wrote:I thought it was a great time and I didn't even mind the weather. :D

usually when you kick everybody's ass, you don't mind much of anything.....j/s :lol:

nice shooting Eddie.
GDL17921

Re: Holiday Showdown

Postby irban » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 am

DLCdisc wrote:The wind yesterday took away some of the variety we worked hard to build into it, but I think you can imagine what types of shots you would have wanted in calm conditions.

My feelings exactly. As much as I enjoyed it, I would have loved to try some (intentional) rollers or big anhyzers for instance. If we go back next year, maybe use the same layout so we can give it a whirl as intended. As others have said, just great regardless.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 am

Beerman wrote:How to 4 putt hole 2 by Dave Beery.

To start with throw your drive to within 75 feet of the basket. Now as you approach your lie throwing your next shot into a head wind don't lay up to the basket, instead throw a turnover putt 30 to the right of the basket and land just short of the bushes. On your second putt find confidence in your self to run at the basket and land 30 feet on the other side. Now on your third attempt realize what a dumb mistake you made on your first and second attempt at putting and lay up because your still putting into a cross wind. Drop in your 5th putt and walk to the next tee because you don't deserve to ride in the cart. Yeah, disc golf.

cool story brah, however Innis has you dominated with a 6 putt 8 on hole 12.
GDL17921

Postby bomb1985 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:59 pm

had a blast and cant wait for it again next year.
bomb1985

Re: Holiday Showdown

Postby Clue » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 pm

irban wrote:
DLCdisc wrote:The wind yesterday took away some of the variety we worked hard to build into it, but I think you can imagine what types of shots you would have wanted in calm conditions.

My feelings exactly. As much as I enjoyed it, I would have loved to try some (intentional) rollers or big anhyzers for instance. If we go back next year, maybe use the same layout so we can give it a whirl as intended. As others have said, just great regardless.

It wasn't just the wind. That was far and away the worst angle for the wind for that course. I'm glad everyone liked it. We put very little time into it, but made one key decision early that really brought it together.
Clue

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:39 pm

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Detra319 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks Single L, appreciate the effort. So close. So so close...
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby CalebP » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:47 am

greenleaf, hot 2nd round man!
CalebP
Site Admin

Holiday Showdown

Postby DLCdisc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:31 pm

A little slow at getting this part done this year. It has been customary in the previous three years that I give a thank you letter to each and every sponsor, contributor, etc. This year I am gonna do a couple of things differently. First I am going to thank all of the individuals that donated and helped out right here on this thread. Then I will be giving a thank you letter to all of the businesses that donated and contributed to the event. Last and certainly not least, I will be circulating a disc for people to sign and give to Terrace Hills Golf Course who HAS ALREADY INVITED US BACK FOR NEXT YEAR'S EVENT!! :D :P . I will probably mount that disc in some way with a frame and a thank you letter along with it.

Before I list out all of the individuals that donated or helped out in some way with this event, let me clarify a couple of things. There are people that contibuted in so many ways ranging from donating discs and merch, setting up, helping with scores, bringing baskets, design for the course, cleaning up, ace fund throwoff, registration, tee signs, scorecards, and so on. The thing I appreciate most from all of these is the fact that 99% of them got involved and helped for nothing in return but another fun day playing disc golf among friends. It is that kind of unselfish giving that has made this event the treat that it has become and also continued to raise the bar on quality events in Iowa. As hard as I have worked at this each year, it is the people involved that make it successful. Here are those folks that gave their time and belongings:

1. Joe Riding (Terrace Hills)
2. Shane Stewart (Pro-Flight)
3. Justin McCluen
4. Steve Adkisson
5. Daryl Culver
6. Nick Culver
7. Frank Holmes
8. Tanner Duncan
9. Corey Philips
10. Andy Hamer (Vicious Circle)
11. Jason Kruger
12. Lance Coles
13. Tim Ragen
14. Josh Lyster
15. Jason Duden
16. Josh Butcher
17. Mike McGough
18. Danielle Culver
19. Tyler Sarg
20. Neils Johnson
21. Jay Greenwood
22. Scott Walsh
23. Scott Innis
24. Eddie McCulley
25. Chris Claring
26. Brian Gunnick
27. Jamie Neuwerth
28. Dave Beery
29. Steve Whitson
30. Dan Ferch
31. Mikal Williams
32. Andrew Boyd
33. Frank Saddlemier
34. Tom Lansing

While there are some that made huge contributions of time and merchandise, the above list is not in any particular order. I know there were some donations the day of the event that I may not have been able to get written down. If I have forgotten anyone on this list, I sincerely apologize and thank you for your contribution once again.

If you want to sign the disc for Terrace Hills, I will carry it with me for the next several weeks in my vehicle. Catch up with me at work, the courses, or anywhere else and we can fix it up nice. Can't wait until next year!!!

Later,
Damon
DLCdisc

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Good stuff, Damon. Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back. None of the names mentioned come close to the amount of time that you obviously put into this. Sponsorships are the toughest piece to the puzzle and you go above and beyond in that category. Thanks again for hosting this event. And like you said, "can't wait until next year!"
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments