2nd Annual Shueyville Open - Sunday Aug, 28th

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:59 am

so wtf happened exactly? :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Nohr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 am

Think he will be a hole sponsor next year? And yea what went down?
Nohr

Postby Detra319 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:29 am

General quick version:

Dude owned the property but was leasing it to someone else. We had permission to use the property from the guy who was leasing it. Day of tournament, old dumbass cant get ahold of dude he is leasing the property to and decides that he doesnt want disc golfers on the property. Old dumbass confronts people at the bar, where he gets nowhere since he is an Old dumbass. Gets in his truck and proceeds to try to run shit over, including some baskets, some kids and their bags, and John Shaw if I heard right. Anyways, there is more, but thats the gist. What an Old dumbass.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Nohr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:40 am

Detra319 wrote:, and John Shaw if I heard right.

Thats some excitement disc golf if I do say so.
Nohr

Postby crazykrug » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Nohr wrote:
Detra319 wrote:, and John Shaw if I heard right.

Thats some excitement disc golf if I do say so.

I see what you did there, clever :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby Grimm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Still one of the most fun tourny's of the summer. I get a call on like hole 9 from my bro telling me to watch out cause cops were all over the holes by Shuey's.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Thirty » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Detra319 wrote:General quick version:

Dude owned the property but was leasing it to someone else. We had permission to use the property from the guy who was leasing it. Day of tournament, old dumbass cant get ahold of dude he is leasing the property to and decides that he doesnt want disc golfers on the property. Old dumbass confronts people at the bar, where he gets nowhere since he is an Old dumbass. Gets in his truck and proceeds to try to run shit over, including some baskets, some kids and their bags, and John Shaw if I heard right. Anyways, there is more, but thats the gist. What an Old dumbass.

Your recollection is pretty close. The Old Dumbass never confronted anyone at the bar, he never even got out of his car. He just started running over baskets, nearly ran over kids, ran over their bags instead, then ran into John Shaw. Come to find out later, that the Sherriff officer on the scene was a good friend of the Old Dumbass and only charged the guy with reckless driving and nothing else. However when the district attorney got a hold of the case, he added assault charges against him. The Old Dumbass plead guilty to the reckless driving and to pay all damages. Since then all parties with property damage that was submitted has received their checks in the mail from the Old Dumbass. The assault charge court date is in May.
Thirty

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 pm

hahaha that's some funny chit. :lol: Nice to see the system worked for once. Chuck that corrupt old dumass sheriff, too.
GDL17921

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:35 pm

I remember the jaw drop when I heard what the original charges were.
Considering his state of being...
Either way, no one monkey can stop the show.
Still had an AWESOME time! I hope Dougie P. comes back, cuz rightfully he did win, and some clown in a car took that from him. Big ups to the kid who took his licking (had his bag run over) and still had a smile on his face at the end of the day.
Buzzz Killington

Postby Thirty » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 am

Thirty wrote:
Detra319 wrote:General quick version:

Your recollection is pretty close. The Old Dumbass never confronted anyone at the bar, he never even got out of his car. He just started running over baskets, nearly ran over kids, ran over their bags instead, then ran into John Shaw. Come to find out later, that the Sherriff officer on the scene was a good friend of the Old Dumbass and only charged the guy with reckless driving and nothing else. However when the district attorney got a hold of the case, he added assault charges against him. The Old Dumbass plead guilty to the reckless driving and to pay all damages. Since then all parties with property damage that was submitted has received their checks in the mail from the Old Dumbass. The assault charge court date is in May.

Current update on this situation is that the "Old Dumbass" was found guilty on all charges, including assault. He is now dealing with the Civil courts to see how much money he has to pay John Shaw.
Thirty

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments