Pickard Open

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Best date for Pickard Open

Sat April 7th Easter weekend
84%
Sat March 31 or Sun April 1
16%

Total votes : 19

Pickard Open

Postby claring » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:10 pm

Since the Rumble has taken over my weekend for the Pickard Open I am starting a poll. I am looking at moving it to Sat April7th where Easter is on Sunday would this keep you from coming?
claring

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:13 pm

I wouldn't mind attending it on either weekend.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Also...april 1st is the Bowling Green tourney I think. So...you will lose a fair amount of your Advanced division. I might stand a chance of cashing :D
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby rightcunnin » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:33 pm

I voted for SUNDAY
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Eminem4president » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:18 pm

April 7th @ Pickard and April 15th here in Omaha for a 1 day B tier.

Almost sounds like we did it on purpose.
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby Single L » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:17 pm

I think that Harper is having a tourney at the Peninsula on the March 31- April 1 weekend. Check with Steve to make sure.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby chappyfade » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:33 pm

porkchop wrote:I think that Harper is having a tourney at the Peninsula on the March 31- April 1 weekend. Check with Steve to make sure.

I think I could get a couple of peeps to come up from KC on Easter Saturday. I believe we're having a C-Tier out at the 'Dotte (Wyco) the weekend before. Too bad, too....I'd like to see the Peninsula....I've heard very good things.

Chap
chappyfade

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:45 am

porkchop wrote:I think that Harper is having a tourney at the Peninsula on the March 31- April 1 weekend. Check with Steve to make sure.

isn't the state championships @ peninsulas this year? i recall kevin saying something about that
Abe Froman

Postby Single L » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:39 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:

isn't the state championships @ peninsulas this year? i recall kevin saying something about that

They are having a tourney this spring and are hoping to host the state championships later in the summer. Nothing is set in stone.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby claring » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:35 am

Eminem4president wrote:April 7th @ Pickard and April 15th here in Omaha for a 1 day B tier.

Almost sounds like we did it on purpose.

April 14th will be Ewing Doubles
claring

Postby Buzzznation » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:14 am

Thanks for the poll oppurtunity Claring. I like that better than just throwing a date out there. The 7th hands down. I will be in BGT the weekend before.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby The Donator » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:01 pm

porkchop wrote:
projectpuffindiscman wrote:

They are having a tourney this spring and are hoping to host the state championships later in the summer. Nothing is set in stone.

Really? I thought no one attempted to put a bid in to host it, so Jeff grabbed it. Im sure Kenton can clarify when he sees this.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:27 pm

The Donator wrote:
porkchop wrote:

Really? I thought no one attempted to put a bid in to host it, so Jeff grabbed it. Im sure Kenton can clarify when he sees this.

Could be. When I talked to Stibs last week he wasn't 100%, Harper would know for sure.
Single L

2007 State Champs

Postby prodiscgolf » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:55 pm

I did talk to Steve K last fall about the possibility of hosting the State tourney this year and he indicated that no one else had offered yet. We're trying to secure a date, probably in September on a Sunday, for a second tourney, but still haven't been officially given the State tourney title to post. We'd really like to have it here this year. We'll update when we find out about our confirmed dates.
prodiscgolf

Postby Cydisc » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:47 pm

Jeff, consider the State Championship tournament yours to host. It's only right, since you have the trophy from last year. Just let me know what date.
Cydisc

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments