Legion of Doom 2007

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Legion of Doom 2007

Postby AO » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:24 pm

Doug, are you still planning to run the Legion of Doom? I hope so and know it is a bunch of work but I would like to help out with some sponsorship stuff. A couple come to mind. Of course Discraft, The Gazette, Bank Iowa, Microtel, New Belguim Brewing Co., and maybe several more. Maybe even something from the local tv stations. Also want to look into some places "for the love of the game" has not already milked dry. What Davenport has going on with their newspaper is great and maybe with the two communicating we can get something going in CR. Bank Iowa, I went to high school with the owners son and know them well. Microtel because they are already in with DG. I have spoken to Ken Franks about Legion and trying to get New Belgium for a sponsorship for this event. I know there is an A-tier scheduled in St. Louis the weekend you usually run this event but Legion is fun, many enjoy the tournement, it's closer for Wisconsin, Minnesota, of course state/local players, and the payout is AWESOME. Last weekend I was at the Winter Blaster in MN and was hyping 2007 LOD.
AO

Postby peyton » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:40 pm

Sorry Adam for not replying right away. I don't usually check the tournament section this time of year. Yes, I would love some help with the sponsor end of this tournament. I just talked with the city of Marion and we are on for May 19 & 20. I will send in the application to the PDGA shortly. I know of the St Louis tournament but it usually doesn't take any discers away from us. They don't pay as well. Usually WI doesn't have anything that is going on that weekend. Will have to check that later. I can also use the south land for the temp course also.
As far as the tournament goes I have most of the stuff set up already. I am working on a way to get the CTP's done faster. Usually that is my Saturday holdup.
I need to get you the CR contacts as well. We should probably talk off line very soon.
peyton

Postby AO » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:05 pm

Microtel is now an official sponsor for the Legion of Doom 2007. They have offered rooms for $40 and $50 a night. When you reserve a room tell them you are a disc golfer. Rita also mentioned having DISC GOLF as a password to reassure them you are here for the Legion of Doom. If you can try to reserve a room soon because they are already filling for something else that is going on that weekend.
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:20 am

if you are from out of town and looking for a place to stay i can house 3-4 people in my house. i live a 5 min walk away form legion. i would favor people i know first. so pm me if interested.
Abe Froman

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:38 am

Just talking about this tournament gets me excited. Is it May yet?
Buzzznation

Postby peyton » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:23 pm

It's May 19 and 20. I don't have much set up yet but I will try and have something up in the next couple weeks. We will have the back course again this year and some changes to it. More challenging I hope.
peyton

Postby AO » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:34 pm

I have not played West Lake and the River City Rumble but based on my opinion I feel this is one of if not the best event in Iowa. The people, the pay, and courses are outstanding . Thanks Doug for running such a great event every year.
Last edited by AO on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:10 am

AO wrote: Thanks Doug for running such a great event every year.

WELL SAID. i dont play many tourneys due to my impatience and un-clutch like play. but i make sure to donate my entry fee every year for this event. well laid out event, great payouts\prizes\turnout. and a comfortable laid back feel. cant wait. p.s. i vote to bring back the john boat for creek crossing. much more fun than the bridge :lol:
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:57 pm

Dave at Third on 1st Bar and Grill is now a sponsor and has donated a significant amount of money to the Legion of Doom. He has also agreed to have the Players Party at his bar Saturday May 19th. He is offering $2.00 tall boys all night and will let me know about a meal special, sounds like it may be wings. So hopefully many of us disc golfers will go and show our appreciation for him being such a generous contibutor to this event. This bar is very easy to get to. Just take a left at the stop light leaving the park and go around 2 miles. When you see Home Depot you are not far away and the bar will be on your left.
AO

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:00 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:
AO wrote: Thanks Doug for running such a great event every year.

WELL SAID. i dont play many tourneys due to my impatience and un-clutch like play. but i make sure to donate my entry fee every year for this event. well laid out event, great payouts\prizes\turnout. and a comfortable laid back feel. cant wait. p.s. i vote to bring back the john boat for creek crossing. much more fun than the bridge :lol:

Ditto here. I never miss the Legion Of Doom. Great Course, Great Tourney.

Chuck the boat. Stick to the bridge. I crossed that thing like 6 times one day. :D
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Eminem4president » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:09 pm

I'll be there... and needin a place to crash...
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby AO » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Eminem4president wrote:I'll be there... and needin a place to crash...

Right now I have a place if you are interested and live only several blocks from 3rd on 1st. I am assuming Mike, Chad, Chase may need a place to stay but they may also drive back to D-port. Might have to bring a air mattress or something comfortable to sleep on. If that does not work for you I am sure others in the area can hook you up or even Microtel is super cheap with there discount for the event. Either way let me know.
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:30 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:if you are from out of town and looking for a place to stay i can house 3-4 people in my house. i live a 5 min walk away form legion. i would favor people i know first. so pm me if interested.

yes i am quoting my own post.
after talking to pete i remembered that i still have space for some out of towners to stay. he said he was gonna camp out in my backyard. i got gramma watching the kid on that sat nite and i got it ok'd by the woman to have people stay. we will be grillin and drinkin. no sense in paying for a hotel when i have 2 couches and an extra bed plus floor space and a backyard to camp in. pm me if interested
Abe Froman

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:54 pm

I have an extra bedroom , too
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Clue » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:33 am

I am close to 90% for this one. I haven't made it in a few years, but I really like this one. I'm calling my shot:

I will finish 4th!!!
Clue

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments