2007 River Cities Rumble - an A-Tier event

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

2007 River Cities Rumble - an A-Tier event

Postby batlord » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:03 am

I'm happy to anounce the 2007 River Cities Rumble will be held as an A-Tier (Super Tour) event on May 12-13, 2007. This is Mother's Day and we're going to look into getting some special player packages for players to take home for their mothers (not sure what, though).

This event will be held on three courses:
Middle Park - Bettendorf, Iowa
Eastern Avenue Park - Davenport, Iowa
West Lake Park - Davenport, Iowa

There will be three pools limited to 72 players each. Pros, Advanced, and "other". I apologize about the small numbers allowed, but we ran into time constraints last year, and I won't let that happen again. This set-up allows 4-somes on the 18-hole courses and 3-somes on the 24-hole course.

As this is a PDGA Super Tour event, you will be REQUIRED to be a current PDGA member to participate in this event. No exceptions are allowed. So if your membership has lapsed, get it in again.

Pre-registration will be required.

The River Cities Reader (our title sponsor) and I are working on creating a webspace for this event with details on everything surrounding this event. So keep your eyes peeled for this. We'll announce it when it is up and running.

I am currently looking for volunteers to help out with this event. And specifically from our out of town players and non-PDGA folks. My highest priority is going to be finding three qualified course Tournament Directors and three non-playing officials (I need one at each course). I have had a number of people step up and offer help, but the Mother's day weekend, may cause some constraints for some. If you are able to help, even if it's for ONE ROUND, please let me know. I'll be rounding up spotters and helpers from our local pool of cheap... I mean non-PDGA golfers. If you are an out-of-town experienced tournament director (Des Moines, Peoria, Joilet, Wisconsin, etc.), and are able to help out, we are looking at providing you hotel rooms and meals if possible. We're still waiting to figure out sponsor money and tourney budget.

You have no idea how excited I am to be announcing this. I will remind you that last year's event was NOT *Chad's" event, it was a TEAM effort. I assure you this year will be no different in that regard. In fact, if I don't get the help of at least 10-15 people, there's no way I can pull this off. I appreciate any help you are able to offer.

I'll start the thank you's right now -
K.C. Randall has been instrumental in the development of this event. We've both been working on this since the week after the 2006 Rumble.
Kathy Betcher has been fantastic on short notice coming up with flyers/ads/promo stuff last year and this year. Give her a high-five.
Todd McGreevy from the River Cities Reader is very excited about making this a top-notch event. He's going to be our go-to guy for sponsorship, so if you feel up to letter-writing, this is the guy to thank!

More information will follow...
batlord

Postby Biggity Banks » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:12 pm

sweet cant wait sounds like this will be alot of fun and a good way to start the new season
Biggity Banks

Postby batlord » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Biggity Banks wrote:sweet cant wait sounds like this will be alot of fun and a good way to start the new season

Start? It's in May, brother, you should already be 5 months into the "new" season by then. Ha Ha.
batlord

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:01 pm

That's fantastic news, Chad!

Put me down on your volunteer list. Can I drive the beer cart? :wink:
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:54 pm

I wont lie, Id rather play. Im ready to sign up right now for this and sponsorship.

If it is a must do situation, I can sit out and help TD. Free Rooms and meals? I could use a weekend getaway from Jessica occasionally. :wink:

Id really rather play though.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby batlord » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:17 pm

Honestly, I would love to see our local guys play this event and have some outside help with the TD-ing of the courses. I know our guys have been begging to have a huge event here, and this is kind of a gift to them.

If we can get enough outside (or non-PDGA member) help, then I would also rather you play. The same goes for Dan, Johnson, Miller, Resch, Pat, Imposter Chad, Mike, and everyone else who usually gets torn between helping and playing. I may still need help with scorekeeping and such but we usually wrap that up pretty quickly after each round, and I know I can count on you guys for that. But I want you guys to enjoy yourselves for this crazy thing. Myself, I'll be pulling my hair out (good thing I have a lot of it), but hopefully, none of you will see any of that part of it. Ha Ha.

I'll keep you posted, but for now, plan on playing, Chase.
batlord

Postby batlord » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:19 pm

Chase20460 wrote:If it is a must do situation, I can sit out and help TD. Free Rooms and meals? I could use a weekend getaway from Jessica occasionally. :wink:

Free rooms and meals - kind of like prison, my friend. Not that either of us would know...
batlord

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:22 pm

haha, I thought he said " a weekend gayway" at first, too. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby jess20460 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:31 am

"a weekend gayway"

That's what it'd be without me.. :)
jess20460

A tier

Postby Golfguy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:22 am

Batlord you are a stud.

When I growup I wanna be just like YOU...long hair and everything!
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Eyebrows

Postby Golfguy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:26 am

However, you should consider trimming those EYEBROWS.
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby Eminem4president » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:10 am

This is gonna be da shizzle. I'm looking forward to it my damn self

Whats the format? 3 rounds?
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby nrapp41 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:37 pm

geneseo?
nrapp41

Postby Max D » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:06 pm

nrapp41 wrote:geneseo?

West Lake
Middle
Eastern
Max D

Postby K.C. » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:31 pm

Max D wrote:West Lake
Middle
Eastern

Those are the three courses we're going to use, but that format isn't telling it all. From what Chad and I have talked about, the pros will get the most out of West Lake. Without looking at the spreadsheet Chad put together (yes, he's a nerd, thats why we all love him), I think it goes something like this (and don't quote me):

Pro Fields:
Saturday AM: West Lake
Saturday PM: Middle
Sunday AM: West Lake
Final 9: West Lake

Advanced Fields:
Saturday AM: Eastern (longs, I believe)
Saturday PM: West Lake
Sunday AM: Middle

Intermediate Fields:
Saturday AM: Middle
Saturday PM: Eastern
Sunday AM: Eastern (longs)

Again, don't quote me on that, cuz the order of courses and times might be a little off, but I'm pretty sure thats how we had it set up. And, West Lake will be formatted to fit 3 people per card, so that it can go a little faster. But, it very well should be a damn good time for everyone...especially when rewarding the Pros with 2 chances at that course, with the bonus of playing Middle (a darned good course in its own right).
K.C.

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments