Fuller Mini Format

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Fuller Mini Format

Postby Harmon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:51 am

Round 1 Random Doubles ....

Roung 2 singles ....

hope to get round 2 done in time so players can catch the second half of the BIG GAME .... :shock:
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:52 am

can you give the date and all that again?
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Lou Siffer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 am

harmon wrote:Ok Boys n Girls ... Its on for the 18th! ... I just got off the phone with parks director ... He will have all baskets moved to long positions!!!

Wow ... good news ... so hopefully you can start spreading the word its ON FOR SURE .... 18th at Fuller .... lets shoot for start time of 9:30 ... give people some time to get there and practice a little .... take a lunch break ... several places to eat within walking distance of park ... second round at 1:30 or so ...

.... this is not a tourney .... Parks director said Don't publish this as pay $20 at Fuller the 18th ... any money on the line will be decided on site that day and kept on the down low ....

See you the 18th .....9:15 players meeting .... 9:30 tee off ...

Ill post directions later ... for those who need them ....

the course will be open to public during our little mini ....

Again baskets will be moved to longs!!!!!!
Last edited by Lou Siffer on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:33 am

thanks lou, just wanted it all in the same place.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Like_Water » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:00 pm

So how does this work? Random Doubles and then a separate, Singles event? How much for each?
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Harmon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:37 pm

ya two separate rounds .... morning doubles is to get some practice on the course ... round 2 for singles .... two rounds are not connected in any way ...

all money involved is to be kept on the down low ... Parks director does not want this event advertised as a tourney with entry fee ... etc ....

So ... we will decide that morning what kind of money to play for each round ... maybe doubles is no money ... ??? then singles with two divisions probably ... Adv. and Open ... ? just a thought .... any suggestions are welcome ... :)
Harmon

Postby Harmon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:44 pm

I also would like to say that if you don't want to put any money up for doubles or singles you can still come and play in this mini anyway ... money is just an option for those who need/want to put some money on the line ...

So please come and play even if you don't want to put any cash towards payouts ...

Its mainly about checking out the new course and having FUN!

Forecast for the 18th is near 50 with a sunny sky :D
....and same for friday 17th and sunday 19 so even if weather woman is wrong by 24 hrs we still have excellent odds at a good day!
Harmon

Postby strokersix » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Do you know when the baskets will be moved into the longs?
strokersix

Postby Harmon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:05 am

I was told to remind them (parks staff) again this week sometime that we need baskets moved by Sat. .... I would assume they would move them thur. or fri. ???

Parks director told me his staff would also be out this week clearing more thorn bushes from greens ... :P ....

If i find out more info on specific time of basket move ill pass it on ...

FYI

My Cell 563-260-3578 ...
Harmon

Postby Harmon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:43 pm

Just another clarification....

you could play only in the morning for doubles and not play singles in afternoon ... or play only in afternoon for singles and no morning doubles... we hope you play both rounds but you can choose to do one or the other if that works best for you .... :)

hope to see a good turn out !!! :D
Harmon

Postby Like_Water » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:20 am

Scott...I would go $5 for each round....Obviously, pay before random doubles partners are picked...Do you have a method? I would suggest using a deck of cards....And you could divide into pools for the second round, if that's desired. See you there!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Harmon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:16 pm

sounds good Discwrangler ... oh wrangler space ..... .

hope you get that flight out of NY thur.!!!!!

Also .... if anyone is concerned with a place to watch the second half of the game there are a few bars downtown that would have the game on and also serve good food .... Mississippi Brew being one of them ....

I would invite everyone to my house but ... my house is not big enough! sorry ... maybe in a year or two when we move to something more spacious ...

again the weather is going to be good ... so hopefully this increases the turn out ...

Remember also we will be giving the parks staff and community their first impression of the competitive disc golf scene ... lets make sure its a good impression we leave them ... no kicking bags ... drinking on the course (Dry parks in Muscatine :( ) .... fighting?! ... etc ....
Harmon

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Harmon wrote:... Remember also we will be giving the parks staff and community their first impression of the competitive disc golf scene ... lets make sure its a good impression we leave them ... no kicking bags ... drinking on the course (Dry parks in Muscatine :( ) .... fighting?! ... etc ....

What!? No fighting? :shock: Pass.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:20 pm

How exactly do we get to this park (where no fighting or drinking are allowed :roll: )? Too lazy to read through the whole thread.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Harmon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:37 pm

Here ya go ...

PDGA directory ....

http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2542

but if your too lazy to look at the link then ..... here ya go .... :D

Directions: Coming into town from any direction ... Take Hwy 61 bypass to Cedar St. and head east into town, 0.3 miles to 1st left into park.
Bright Yellow Innova baskets visable from cedar St. :) ....

see you there ....
Harmon

Next

Return to Iowa Tournaments