Big Ivy - October 21st

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:30 am

Isn't the seasonal a Saison?
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Eminem4president » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:34 am

GDL17921 wrote:I'll believe that when I see it. :lol:

BTW, mind bringing me a sixer of the harvester or whatever that new seasonal is? :lol:

They sent me to the USDGC with 4 cases. So I'm not trying to be to greedy.

I'll see what I can do.
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:36 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Bradbalk wrote:
Eminem4president wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:
Sweet, Glad to hear the word is spreading... New Belgium Brewing Co. will be in the Iowa market in the second or third quarter of next year.

I hope if they do show up in Iowa they use the same sales strategy as Illinois, only sell it in one town and tell the rest of the state that they don't matter.

It's a capacity issue Brad----they can only make so much. I seriously doubt "they" told anybody in IL that "they didn't matter".

I'm just saying I hope they still have a Capacity issue when they come to Iowa and only sell it in say Cedar Rapids.
Its a great way to alienate all those in the surrounding areas, and just isn't done in the beer/liquor industry outside of very small produced specialty items. If you can't cover the whole state, then stay out until you can. Although I bet there interest in IL just skyrocketed with Bells pulling out of the state leaving lots of open craft beer tavern handles.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:41 am

Dude, it's just beer!

From a business standpoint, why worry about Illinois City when you have Chicago? I'm sure they are working on it, but like you said, it's a niche market, and they probably won't sell much in the blue-collar river towns anyway.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:54 am

Discwrangler wrote:Dude, it's just beer!

From a business standpoint, why worry about Illinois City when you have Chicago? I'm sure they are working on it, but like you said, it's a niche market, and they probably won't sell much in the blue-collar river towns anyway.

Because Beer is my Business Tanner, and yes in my blue-coller river town I get requests for it all the time. Now more than ever with it being in Chicago.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Like_Water » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:26 am

What do you do Brad?

I'm just saying...they are more worried about Chicago, and then the next major market they can get into rather then small markets.

Once the IL rep gets Chicago under control, I'm sure you will start seeing more availability. I'd think the QC would be a good place because it's the type of product people will be going across the border for.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:48 pm

The only place to buy beer in Iowa is John's Grocery in Iowa City. Here in Des Moines we are lucky to have The Red Monk. But at $70 a night, and not remembering anything,I can only go there on special occasions.
Buzzznation

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:57 pm

john's is the shit, i've spent way too much money there but i can't help myself. thats where the monk gets their beer. brad can get anything john's could get. am i right on that one balk?
Abe Froman

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:26 pm

I manage a liquor store.
What they did in by only supplying Chicago is very unorthodox in this business. Plus I have built a very strong Craft beer business in my area, so I'm the one in the area that people expect should have it.
Last edited by Bradbalk on Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:32 pm

If it's a mainstream, accepted, typical move, why grumble about it? Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting your stance.
GDL17921

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:49 pm

GDL17921 wrote:If it's a mainstream, accepted, typical move, why grumble about it? Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting your stance.

Yes you misinterpret my stance, its an absolutely unheard of move. I can't think of another single instance of a major product moving into the state and not supplying all of it.

I had a conversation several years back with a Wisconson brewer(not New Glarus) about bringing in a specific package of and already distributed product that I had some demand for, but after doing some research they decided they couldn't do because if they let me have it they would have to make it available state wide and they couldn't handle it.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:02 pm

oh, so you meant unorthodox. I love people that try to use big words. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:05 pm

GDL17921 wrote:oh, so you meant unorthodox. I love people that try to use big words. :lol:

LOL, I actually looked it up becuase I thought and did have it spelled wrong originally, so I copied and pasted, and forgot to add the Un back in, I'm a dumbass.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:06 pm

just flippin' ya shit Balk, since KC isn't here to do it. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:34 pm

Did i hear some one say DIRTY JOHN's! i used to live not far from there! I miss it.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments