2006 Traveling Team Tournament

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Postby Mount » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:13 pm

The Donator wrote:Despite the weather, that was a lot of fun. That was quite a battle in the singles round, Jeremy. After you won the 5 skins on hole 9, I honestly thought you had the skins point, but I guess it didnt matter in the end. Congrats QC, you guys deserved it!

Thanks, Aaron. It was a tough round, and a good battle. I did think that I had you after hole 9 but then I got greedy and didn't play safe on #12. I tried to tie you back up but couldn't do it. You made some pretty awesome putts too man!!
Mount

Postby Mount » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:14 pm

oh yeah!!

Thanks to Pro-Flight for sponsoring me on my next event :lol:
Mount

Postby jess20460 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:19 pm

Way to go guys!!! Congrats QCA team!!!!
jess20460

Team Event

Postby Harmon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:26 pm

Thanks Tanner, Wood, Dan and all that helped run the team event.

The event was very entertaining. Glad I had a chance to play for the QC team. Again thanks QC team for inviting me!

The memories of that day will always have a special place in my memory. Especially the drama surrounding the safari/finals. It was off … then on again …then off … then IC/CR and QC teams began a very unique TEAM finals safari. I only wish Disc Golf TV would have been there.

It was bizarre to have all 10 team members trying to figure out who should throw what shot and where to land etc. Teams were taking so much time Tanner finally had to put us on the clock. I think we took 5 minutes trying to decide who should tee off on the first hole!

The QC team learned the hard way how NOT to use your BEST player. With only 3 of 10 players that had not thrown yet we faced about a 35-40 footer on the second safari hole. The 3 were Jay Reading, Mr. Chad and myself. All anyone could think about was saving Jay and Chad for the next hole. All 10 of us totally forgot that if this putt is missed someone will have to take their turn with a drop in. Whoooooooooops! … so they choose me for the putt (which I was Ok with because I planned on making it) … However I did not make the putt and then reality set in real quick! …. After some anguished looks on our faces the World putting champion Jay Reading steps up to the basket and drops in a 1 foot putt!!!! :shock: I felt bad because Jay should have taken the putt and made it, which would have still let Chad drive the next hole and I could have taken the second shot … if Jay would have missed (I don’t think he would have) then I could have dropped in (gladly). Oh well we learned something there and luckily it did not cost us a stroke …. It for sure did not happen again! …. And I did get a chance at a 7 footer on the next hole which I made with ease! :roll: …. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that much pressure on a 7 footer and those who were there will tell you that I DID NOT make it with ease! It just barely made it over the front rim! I wobbled away from the basket and checked my pants. :lol: It was all good.

One of the best times I’ve ever had in the rain! top 5 easy!
Where there is Love there is Hope (Widespread Panic)
Harmon

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:55 pm

Scott: Your 7 footer was so close to the rim I dont think a piece of paper could have seperated the 2! It was awesome !

My overall thoughts on the event are this:

Happiness. It was amazing to win against such powerful teams, especially CR/IC.

The Team came together and left everything out there. What more can be said than that?

The Finals was so cool, I can hardly find the words to describe it. Im glad we played it, and Im glad DSM started what WILL be a tradition. It was the most suspensefull disc golf Ive EVER been apart of, and really made me feel what Team Unity was all about. You rooted from the deepest part of your soul for your teammate to excell. In the event you or they didnt, there wasnt even a chance to get down on yourself as they picked you right back up.

It was a true experiance, and I thank all for participating.

In closing, Quad Cities Represents. For all that was there, feel free to stop by Iron Lion and view the trophy. Im sure it will be here for a LONG TIME. :twisted:
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:59 pm

peyton wrote: Look forward to next year and getting 2nd again so we don't have to run the tournament.

Quite possibly the lamest excuse Ive ever heard. :P
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Eminem4president » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:36 pm

Chase20460 wrote: It was the most suspensefull disc golf Ive EVER been apart of, and really made me feel what Team Unity was all about. You rooted from the deepest part of your soul for your teammate to excell. In the event you or they didnt, there wasnt even a chance to get down on yourself as they picked you right back up.

It was a true experiance, and I thank all for participating.

I 2nd that, well said Mr. Roberts!
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby shane » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:42 pm

not that it makes a difference but in the results it show Chad got his skin allthough he could of he missed and Nebraska got the skins. Just an FYI. :wink:
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Eminem4president » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:53 pm

shane wrote:not that it makes a difference but in the results it show Chad got his skin allthough he could of he missed and Nebraska got the skins. Just an FYI. :wink:

so 7, not 6, of our 10 won their skins, hmmmmm
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby The Donator » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:51 pm

Oh yeah, if anyone finds a Mid-Nationals Aviar 2/3rds the way down the 2nd temp hole, give me a holler. I also forgot to ask anyone if they left a black mini with a the Roc bird on it.
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:57 pm

The Donator wrote: I also forgot to ask anyone if they left a black mini with a the Roc bird on it.

That's Angela's...she left it on 17A I think.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby Mount » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:21 pm

nope she left it on 17
Mount

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments