course history listing

Let us know what you want to see on the forum, or on the main website.

Postby Single L » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:49 am

I've been working with the city of Belle Plaine for 07 Ice Bowl, and got some info along the way.

Course re-installed in 2005, designed by John Latch
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby frisbeemaster » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:27 am

I have a good list of the chronological order of Iowa courses and their designers from about 1985 to 1990. I also have most Iowa tournament results from that era.

I noticed several courses missing from the list. Also, that Dysart course was installed in 1988 not 1998. I played it that summer.

Ed Headrick designed Tourist Park in July of 1976. I was there and walked along with Ed and our parks dept. director while he was creating Disc Golf history.

Is there anyway I could get a copy of that sprwadsheet so I can fill in some blanks?
frisbeemaster

Postby irban » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:37 am

From It Happened in Keokuk. Keokuk Daily Gate City last Friday.

Dec. 22, 1981 25 years ago

Mike Shea of Keokuk announces plans for an 18-hole Frisbee tournament Thursday in Rand Park with the $5 entry fee to benenfit the Salvation Army's Christmas Fund.

Still trying to track down when the course was installed. I talked to Mike Shea yesterday when I was down there, and he thinks it was 1979 or 80. He met the designer, but doesn't recall his name. He remembers him standing at the hole 6 tee-pad, throwing his frisbee and saying, "put the hole where that lands, it will be a par 5". Hole 6 is about 275 or 300 downhill. Not bad for what was likely a true Frisbee.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Previous

Return to Suggestions