Disc Golf Clinic

Disc Golf Clinic

Postby mountainmama » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:20 pm

July 8th is Iowa Parks and Rec. Assoc. "Parktastic" Day.

In celebration of "Parktastic" Bettendorf Parks and Recreation will be hosting a FREE disc golf clinic from 5-7pm out at Devils Glen Park. Learn to play this great summer activity! All ages welcome, and show up anytime between 5-7. Bring your own disc, some loaner discs will be available.

For club members and friends of disc golf (and Tra-Lo):
A few QCDGC members have said they will help out. I would like to have 3-4 stations set up so participants can just move around the stations. So I could use a few more volunteers to help instruct. Let me know if you can help out. I've got the shelter reserved. RonRazz--plastic?

Tracey
"You can tell more about a person in an hour of play than a year of conversation." Plato
mountainmama

Postby fattire » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:39 am

Is this going to be for all beginners or predominantly first timers?
fattire

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:20 am

fattire wrote:Is this going to be for all beginners or predominantly first timers?

I believe this to encourage the use of parks, and their amenities, so all are invited to participate.

Tracey and I talked about this, and as she mentioned above, we'll be using the same format that we implemented for the QC Women's Club clinic.

Please help out with this, if you're able to, as this is another opportunity for the club to make it's presence known to the community, and municipalities.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 am

Please lend a hand for this event, tomorrow. Only 2 hours, and done by 7. Plenty of time for a round afterward!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Return to Bettendorf - Devils Glen