2013 Team States

Moderator: peyton

2013 Team States

Postby AO » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:48 am

Thinking about doing tryouts this year. Suggestions/ideas?
AO

Postby Nohr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:12 pm

1 strong team
1 fun team

The qc guys were saying it would probably be at west lake. So I strongly suggest anyone that thinks about playing getting and carrying water discs with you (backups you don't care about). I like the idea of tryout and could maybe morph into team practice days?
Nohr

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:37 am

Nohr wrote:1 strong team
1 fun team

why can't they be both. i personally think that chemistry has big role.

tryouts seem fair but this isn't obamacare. at the whackoff we made the mistake of not putting the best 3 man teams together we could and it cost us.

i say start a sign up list with a deadline. then look at everyone's dg resume, then have the obvious team captians (ao/doug) pick who they think gives them the best chance to win.

let god sort out the rest
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Grimm » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:48 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:at the whackoff we made the mistake of not putting the best 3 man teams together we could and it cost us.

I didn't cost us anything. I still blame it all on Beachy.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Nohr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:11 pm

If it was up to me I would go down the BWer list from last year grab top 9 guys. Throw them on a team with AO boom bang done. As long as there isn't personality conflicts that should/would be our strongest team.

Is there anyone who plays at a consistent high level that isn't in BWers (besides AO)?
Nohr

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 pm

tony phillips and his bro clay they bws
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Detra319 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Nohr wrote:If it was up to me I would go down the BWer list from last year grab top 9 guys. Throw them on a team with AO boom bang done. As long as there isn't personality conflicts that should/would be our strongest team.

Is there anyone who plays at a consistent high level that isn't in BWers (besides AO)?

I'm playing good and didnt BW this last year due to reality. Next year is the last year I really get to still be a kid and DG before I graduate. I want in.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby Potter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 am

I think tryouts is a pretty fair way to establish a team, however i do see one big issue. What course do you have the tryouts at? We don't have anything similar to West Lake in CR. Just because someone tears it up at one of our courses and proves worthy of being on the team doesn't mean they will perform well at West Lake. I like they idea of proving you should be on the team and all, but i would lean more towards hand picking this year for the simple fact that some people won't be able to handle West Lake...hell i don't even know if I can handle it :shock: :D

That's just my 2 cents. I'm good with whatever the captain(s) decide!
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Nohr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 am

tryouts at westlake?
Nohr

Postby Potter » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 am

I like the way you think mustachio!
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:32 pm

handpick, tryouts are not a real representation of capabilities, anybody can pull a "jeremy lin" for a few rounds. i feel historical tournament results create the best representation of players skills, can you get it done when the pressure is on and the rounds are real? anybody can kill a rec round while relaxed and not worried about impact on the final result or team points. i believe the formentioned captains have a good grasp on whom sould be chosen from the area. id like to play for either team if possible but if im not chosen i have no quams with that nor will I get all butthurt like some in the past... in order to win, you gotta send your best. this isnt a popularity contest or a 3rd grade science fair where everybody gets purple ribbons for participation. if you're upset for not being picked, then play better or lobby youself more to those making the decisions. life's not fair, deal with it
Abe Froman

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Abe Froman wrote:handpick, tryouts are not a real representation of capabilities, anybody can pull a "jeremy lin" for a few rounds. i feel historical tournament results create the best representation of players skills, can you get it done when the pressure is on and the rounds are real? anybody can kill a rec round while relaxed and not worried about impact on the final result or team points. i believe the formentioned captains have a good grasp on whom sould be chosen from the area. id like to play for either team if possible but if im not chosen i have no quams with that nor will I get all butthurt like some in the past... in order to win, you gotta send your best. this isnt a popularity contest or a 3rd grade science fair where everybody gets purple ribbons for participation. if you're upset for not being picked, then play better or lobby youself more to those making the decisions. life's not fair, deal with it

um, how you gonna get chosen by your methodology? sssss :lol:

and I call on you not getting butthurt - I heard Beachy rams it home on you hard bro :wink:
GDL17921

Postby Abe Froman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:handpick, tryouts are not a real representation of capabilities, anybody can pull a "jeremy lin" for a few rounds. i feel historical tournament results create the best representation of players skills, can you get it done when the pressure is on and the rounds are real? anybody can kill a rec round while relaxed and not worried about impact on the final result or team points. i believe the formentioned captains have a good grasp on whom sould be chosen from the area. id like to play for either team if possible but if im not chosen i have no quams with that nor will I get all butthurt like some in the past... in order to win, you gotta send your best. this isnt a popularity contest or a 3rd grade science fair where everybody gets purple ribbons for participation. if you're upset for not being picked, then play better or lobby youself more to those making the decisions. life's not fair, deal with it

um, how you gonna get chosen by your methodology? sssss :lol:

and I call on you not getting butthurt - I heard Beachy rams it home on you hard bro :wink:

like i said, i dont really care if i dont. public serv announcment for those that get whiny about not being chosen. BTW i place well in tournys when there even tho i play am. also got all my points last team tourny we were in. but you weren't there so.... :0 they also might find it beneficial to keep a guy like me around that can toss 500 ft but cant make 10 ft putts... :) but i doubt it. i just like going for the comradery
Abe Froman

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:30 pm

mbd :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Grimm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm

GDL17921 wrote:mbd :lol:

Both 500' and 10' are true.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids Club