Signs for Jones

Moderator: peyton

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:29 pm

im in to help. give me notice and ill be there.
Abe Froman

Postby peyton » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:05 pm

I would like to start most of the work on our city courses after Easter. Hopefully the weather will turn a little in our favor. I will check on the steps again. I think we can get that done and maybe get something done with 17. We don't need more cash just help. Work on Hiawatha and Legion will start the weekend after easter. I have to get down below to check what happened over the winter to see how much will be needed for the temp course. We need to move 4 tee pads at Legion in the next month or so. Ideas are always welcome when it comes to moving 3/4 of a ton. Thanks
peyton

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 pm

word doug, i appreciate the info on the signs and all the work, since i'm married now i need any reason to get out of the house so let me know when you need the extra hands.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby shane » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey Doug if you can get a mustang or whatever in put it under the side with some forks you might be able to move the pad we picked a couple of them up at GV that way. :wink:
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby Single L » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Mr. Kevin Stibal is the pad moving pro. He (and others) moved all the pads at sugar bottom with a Ranger, or was it an S-10
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Crager wrote:You will have to get permission from the city to put steps in , Doug tried and they told us that steps would be a liability issue if someone fell off them.
Get a hold of Dave Smith at the Parks Dept. , maybe now with the new city government they might be more receptive to disc golfers.

I have spoke to Dave Smith about it and he is fine. Kramer was the man that always said no. Smith is about down with anything as long as you speak with him. He is happy to have volunteers.
AO

Postby AO » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Frog and I are working on the signs Sunday AM 3/22/2008. I am interested to see who shows and if you need my address it is 3106 E Ave NE.
AO

Postby peyton » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:22 pm

That's easter. I have family commitments already.
peyton

Postby AO » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Saturday could work as well and if more people can come on Saturday then lets work on them then.
AO

Postby Crager » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:46 pm

AO wrote:
Crager wrote:You will have to get permission from the city to put steps in , Doug tried and they told us that steps would be a liability issue if someone fell off them.
Get a hold of Dave Smith at the Parks Dept. , maybe now with the new city government they might be more receptive to disc golfers.

I have spoke to Dave Smith about it and he is fine. Kramer was the man that always said no. Smith is about down with anything as long as you speak with him. He is happy to have volunteers.

Dave is a good guy I think his has hands were tied dealing with the "Good Ole Boys " that were above him. We can do a lot of work at all the courses if they give us some free rein. Just look what we did at Wildcat thanks to Steve's ambition and drive.
Crager

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:35 pm

AO wrote:Frog and I are working on the signs Sunday AM 3/22/2008. I am interested to see who shows and if you need my address it is 3106 E Ave NE.

welding? what work is to be done @ ur house. i have tools if needed
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:47 am

we have to prep the signs and metal in order to set what is going on what is already at jones
AO

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:14 pm

i have taken the liberty of removing all of the signs from jones.
there are 13 frames and 13 face plates. 1 of the frames is bent, possibly fixable. so shit list is.......

5-6 frames are needed also 5-6 sleeves(if we use frames we can buy the steel L channel and i will make them @ my work, possibly painted too{boss permitting\ill ask tomorow}]
4 poles, and holes dug for them (also redig 1 or 2 leaning posts)
cement for poles
and hardware for new application
the old signs are in my garage. all that remains @ the park is the 14 poles
saturday morn looks better
Abe Froman

Postby peyton » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 am

I don't know much about buying the angle iron or how much, but let me know and I can pay for it or go with to pay for it. Also the poles and concrete. I think Dev Nelson has a bunch of poles from another project that we can use so don't buy anything like that. I am going to start clearing the areas for the new holes at Legion so just let me know. Thanks for the help.
I have the metal backings, plexiglass and signage at my house. I forgot I do have one of the metal signs also from old hole 14.
peyton

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:16 pm

objectively we can sand the frames and metal backer plates. and paint the 14 frames, drill the metal and plexiglass for bolt holes. and if everything goes smoothly and the paint is applied and dried. we can go hang the 14 we have. work day sat morning, and u better not be playing disc, i havent shot since the frankiln freeze. see ya there :P
Abe Froman

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids Club