Signs for Jones

Moderator: peyton

Postby AngelaT » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:42 pm

It's awesome how everyone is stepping up to help! You all Roc! :D
Yes, I'm planning on being at this fundraiser. I would love to donate some prizes too.
Feel free to PM if you need more help.

At the Greenwood Park Fundraiser I helped organize and run, over $1500 was raised. It was $20 per person and I made sure all money went to the course by getting lots of donations for prizes. If you're looking for some ideas, let me know. Raffle???

Can't wait to see Jones with new signs!!
Innova Team Champion www.innovadiscs.com * Team Huk Lab www.huklab.com *
Disc-Diva...You wish you threw like a girl! www.disc-diva.com *
Widye "Sick Dyes!" www.widye.com * Team IRON LION www.ironliondgs.com
AngelaT

Postby AO » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:44 pm

What ever you would like to donate I will take. I have gotten donations from Mike, Clay, and Tony. I have also donated around 10 discs. If you have any kind of discs or Innova T's that would be wonderfull.
AO

Postby NLlefty » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:38 pm

Who's taking donations? AO, Peyton? Just wondering in case I can't make it. I'm going to take my spare change and pop can returns (have a heavy coca-cola habit) and donate it to you guys. I know that sounds petty but think how much would accumulate if everyone threw in their disposable cash. I'm sure when I take the change to the bank it'll be well over $100 and this is just from my desk and truck. Don't worry it'll be a check or cash, not change!
Jesse
NLlefty

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:43 pm

NLlefty wrote:Who's taking donations? AO, Peyton? Just wondering in case I can't make it. I'm going to take my spare change and pop can returns (have a heavy coca-cola habit) and donate it to you guys. I know that sounds petty but think how much would accumulate if everyone threw in their disposable cash. I'm sure when I take the change to the bank it'll be well over $100 and this is just from my desk and truck. Don't worry it'll be a check or cash, not change!
Jesse
See guys this is where my can drive idea could have kicked in :lol:
frogawitdafizzle

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:54 am

nice job jess, way to go!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby NLlefty » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:17 pm

greco, not too bad yourself. Nice avatar pic!
NLlefty

Postby AO » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:12 pm

Thanks again Jesse for the dollars.
AO

Jones

Postby FrostyFlakes » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:21 pm

So whens the tourney ill be there for sure. :D
________
Arlington assembly
Last edited by FrostyFlakes on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrostyFlakes

Re: Jones

Postby D Fresh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:12 pm

FrostyFlakes wrote:So whens the tourney ill be there for sure. :D

You can find all the info here:

http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=821
DRJ
D Fresh

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Will be there to donate to the signs. Not sure about playing. will probably be working at Wildcat. Would like to donate in Rick Hutchins name as he was there with Mark Meyer when the course went in.

Steve Hepker of the legendary Budhyzers

Practice makes perfect.....But nobody's perfect......so why practice?
hyzerman16234

Postby hyser » Mon May 28, 2007 9:59 pm

I heard today that about $1,000 was raised for signage. Has any design been selected and an installation schedule established? $55.55 per sign should get it done.

Why not use the Shaver utility pole design? Mowers can hit them and not damage them. Hooper, a utility pole replacement contractor, hired by Alliant, is where the poles were gotten for Shaver. The plexi-glas and sign aluminum should be less than this total per tee. Maybe look for "tear-off" material like Nascar uses to easily repair sign faces.

And there is no such thing as "vandal proof", you just have to go with a design that is easy to repair.
hyser

Postby Abe Froman » Mon May 28, 2007 10:18 pm

doug spent the money to create the largest camo collection in the 319 area code :lol:
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Tue May 29, 2007 11:48 am

hyser wrote:I heard today that about $1,000 was raised for signage. Has any design been selected and an installation schedule established? $55.55 per sign should get it done.

Why not use the Shaver utility pole design? Mowers can hit them and not damage them. Hooper, a utility pole replacement contractor, hired by Alliant, is where the poles were gotten for Shaver. The plexi-glas and sign aluminum should be less than this total per tee. Maybe look for "tear-off" material like Nascar uses to easily repair sign faces.

And there is no such thing as "vandal proof", you just have to go with a design that is easy to repair.

Doug is looking into signs that will be able to replace when/if the maps get damaged. It will be easy and cost effective. Hopefully we can start to put signs in soon. Also, fill dirt, woodchips, and stairs on #7 need to be put in. I am going to try meeting with parks this week or next. Along with a few more garbage cans.
AO

Postby AngelaT » Tue May 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Thanks Adam and good luck!
Innova Team Champion www.innovadiscs.com * Team Huk Lab www.huklab.com *
Disc-Diva...You wish you threw like a girl! www.disc-diva.com *
Widye "Sick Dyes!" www.widye.com * Team IRON LION www.ironliondgs.com
AngelaT

Postby hyser » Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm

I wish you the best of luck also.
hyser

PreviousNext

Return to Cedar Rapids Club