Club meeting Feb. 9th @ 7:00 @ Bushwoods

Moderator: peyton

Club meeting Feb. 9th @ 7:00 @ Bushwoods

Postby AO » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am

Club meeting Feb. 9th @ 7:00

Bushwood Sports Bar meeting room
350 Edgewood Rd. NW

Hope to see another great turnout to discuss our club's future.
AO

Postby Detra319 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am

Be there, or be square like me! (damn yobs!)
Detra319

Postby Nohr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 am

Detailed notes will be posted later.....

Name: It was decided last night to be
"Eastern Iowa Disc Golf Club" this name won over "East Central Disc Golf Club" the vote was (15 - 3)

Structure: We need to define roles before we can elect them.

User Group: Work towards opening a user group on Iowadg.com. Hopefully this will allow people to be more comfortable posting online. Setup permissions so only club members can read/write. (Who is interested in Moderating?)

Next Meeting Time/Place should be discussed on here. We have followed a 2 week meeting trend. Bushwoods is a great bar and I fully agree with supporting their business. The only problem is that Bushwoods is to popular. Getting 20 people together and trying to talk over music and other bar noise was difficult.
Nohr

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 am

Kollin says the shack is a nice quiet place?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:33 am

greco19536 wrote:Kollin says the shack is a nice quiet place?

And small. We would need the whole seating area.
hyzerman16234

Postby Crager » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 am

It doesn't have to be in a bar.
Crager

Postby Grimm » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:40 pm

greco19536 wrote:Kollin says the shack is a nice quiet place?

It is a nice quiet place.
Shuey's does have that back room that never gets used except on the weekends and it still doesn't fill. I could ask them about it except it is out of the way for some people.
Grimm

Postby Crager » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:03 pm

I will say it again, It does NOT have to be at a bar, a lot more would get done if we had a least the first few organizational meetings somewhere besides a bar.( IE: community room at an apartment complex, meeting room at a bank, union hall etc.) I can get the Urbana Legion Hall anytime , but that is out of the way for the majority.
Crager

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Crager wrote:I will say it again, It does NOT have to be at a bar, a lot more would get done if we had a least the first few organizational meetings somewhere besides a bar.( IE: community room at an apartment complex, meeting room at a bank, union hall etc.) I can get the Urbana Legion Hall anytime , but that is out of the way for the majority.

I agree. It's fun meeting at a bar to BS but not to establish club details.
Does someone know of a place like Crager is talking about that is more local? Any union guys that can use a hall?
I'm willing to travel to the Legion hall in Urbana if that's what it takes.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Nohr wrote:
User Group: Work towards opening a user group on Iowadg.com. Hopefully this will allow people to be more comfortable posting online. Setup permissions so only club members can read/write. (Who is interested in Moderating?)

I nominate you. :wink:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Nohr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:28 pm

I nominate Grimm
Nohr

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Nohr wrote:I nominate Grimm

Kollin, up for it?
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Nohr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:57 pm

I checked out the library for spaces to have 20 some people show up.

Cedar Rapids Library- Nice ladies said "it isn't against the law to have 20 people show up and use the book nook". Unfortunately they don't have a public meeting room that is private.

Marion Library- 2 rooms A seats 65 people, B seats 35 people (can make it more). Pretty much booked every night she said. Said they were booking through December (wtf 11 months in advance?)

Hiawatha- Have one meeting room seats 50 uncomfortably. Only allow people to book 1 month out. Only allow every group 1 reservation at a time. Library things take president over anything else. They ask if you are a for profit group you donate $10 (doesn't require the official state paperwork to prove you are nonprofit). Talked to Molly super nice!

Both Marion and Hiawatha didn't have anything open for 2/23/10. Hiawatha does sound like it would work out if we eventually switch to a monthly meeting schedule.

Besides the libraries westdale mall is always dead. The upstairs is pretty much just a random mall walker area. Thats my ghetto solution have it in a dead mall.
Nohr

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 pm

library wont work. cant come in drinkin and cant be loud\swear. meet up in someones house\heated garage.

and again, if you all have pipe dreams of having new land to build courses and having 24 different secretaries. you're looking at this all wrong. baby steps. get people together, FIX THE COURSES WE HAVE FIRSTbefore you worry about the financial\responsibility issues. the cty doesn't want to hear a damn thing about disc golf. the city is still in ruins from floods.

2 goals

1. get written permissions to do improvments at our dime. city pays nothing.

2. get off your ass and work instead of playing. the city will see us taking care of the land that gets ignored and allow us to do more. clena up garbage, level out pads, clean debris, put in log stairs for mud inclines.

and if you're lucky, let us re do shaver.

quit worrying who's secretary of whatever. dont overthink things
Abe Froman

Third Base Brew

Postby ANTI-ANTI » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:30 pm

The same person that owns Bushwoods owns Third Base Brew. If I had like a weeks notice I know I could get us the back room. It's a private room. I would like to try to stay with them because I don't think it would ge out of bounds to get Dave Carry as a sponsor. He owns Bushwoods, Third Base Brew, DC Riverwalk Pub, Hitters Sports Park, DC's in North Liberty, The Fieldhouse in I.C. and Third Base/ Uncle Bucks in Des Moines. I think he would be a good sponsor if we gave him our business!
" Weekends don't mean so much when your unemployed, except you get to hang out with your workin' friends."

-Les Claypool
ANTI-ANTI

Location: The west side, southwest side, middle east, rich house, dog house, out house, old folks house

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids Club