Deerwood Park

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Deerwood Park

Postby kinch » Wed May 16, 2012 12:12 pm

I spoke with Mayor Deutsch this morning. Dispite previous attempts failing, I seem to be gaining some headway. We are in the process of scheduling a meeting at Deerwood in the next week with the Maintanence Dept. the Parks Dept. and a League Rep. (myself & anyone else interested with time during the day). The city has incurred some major damage to mower decks and has trouble getting through some of the tight areas. The Mayor sounded like he wanted to help us out. It is going to take is some effort on our part to pick up limbs, cut out stumps and mark other larger stumps and holes that we need the city's help with. The City will then send out equipment to clear these obsticles so mowing can be done without future damage. The parks Dept will hopefully use a smaller mower to get down hole #8 and other tight areas. We will still be needing to use line trimmers a few times each season, which I don't mind doing (with some help). Bottom line; we need a work day, or people willing to take it upon themselves to pick up, dig up or mark spots that need it so we can get the city back in our course.
kinch

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Thats good news I will talk to a few guys and im sure they are very willing to help out with anything that needs to be done. If you have a specific work day you had in mind post it and we will come. Thanks for the effort Kinch!!
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Jadams » Wed May 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Good job Kinch! I just got the part to fix my trimmer so mine is ready to go again. I get off work at 4pm every day and have Fridays and Saturdays off. I have trimmed out there quite a bit before, but if there are any special areas needed so the mowers can see or whatever let me know and I can hit those areas up. Will help wherever else needed as well.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed May 30, 2012 7:22 am

If anyone wants to start going hole to hole and cleaning it up and marking stumps or what not instant message me or post on here. Set a time and I will be their.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Jadams » Wed May 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Heading out saturday to do massive work with the trimmer. Out there by noon hopefully if anyone wants to come out.
Jadams

Postby kinch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 pm

I'll be out at Deerwood on Saturday trimming and cutting stumps out. Anyone is welcome to help. I'll be there 10ish -2ish.
I'll be out again Sunday late afternoon.
The city will take out stumps and level out areas in order to get a mower through.
kinch

Postby Jadams » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Sounds good. I will be out as well.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 am

Like what you did on 9 to bad we cant move that basket and make it a lefty shot where you cleared that all out at. Either way looks great we plan on coming out tonight and clear all the brush piles out of the way.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 am

yeah lefty shot :lol:
GDL17921

Postby kinch » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 pm

I've been out this week trimming fairways at Deerwood. When playing this course, I would appreciate it if players would clear limbs and other debris into the woods so future mowing can be done easier without damage to equipment. Garbage isn't being put in barrels, any help there would also help. I will be collecting garbage on Saturday.
Thanks, Mike.
kinch

Postby Jadams » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 pm

I plan on hitting up the back a lot with the wacker tomorrow morning early. Will try and clear some stuff out of the way as well.

Also nice work on the front Kinch. Looks good.

Edit: Wasn't much left to trim out there. If someone has some heavy duty wire cutters there is some barbed wire coming out of the ground to the right of fives basket. Would be pretty easy to trip on.
Jadams

Postby Jadams » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Going to pickup and empty the trash cans Saturday morning at some time. If anyone can come out with a truck and pick them up sometime that would be cool. If not I will try and get them over to the campground dumpsters somehow.
Jadams

Postby Jadams » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Nevermind about tomorrow. Course looks really clean and the cans are maybe 10% full at the most. Someone has been emptying them. Looks good whoever is doing it!
Jadams

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League