CheeseHawk 2011

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

CheeseHawk 2011

Postby Master Lee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 am

Great weekend, 3 supa sweet courses and tons of fun!
Thanks to the Wisconsin team for bringing the largest visiting team thus far. Thanks to Brian Peck for organizing the Wis. team.
Congrats to our Individual Champion Rob Baumann, nice shootin pal!
In the match play finals it was Wisconsin 50 and Iowa 115.
Iowa Wins!!!!
See you guys next year in Wis.
Master Lee

Postby Captain » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 am

What's this all about?
Captain

Postby Single L » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 am

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Jadams » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Guessing the tourny at the club they had? Who knows.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:33 pm

who, what, where,? Exclusive, private, invite only. dont know what you have to do to get an invite. but good victory maybe next year they will field a competitive team for you club shooters :shock: I will move to Wisconsin or they can let one of their intermediate players sit down and let me play. I would enjoy that :lol:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:39 pm

It's a tournament based on having fun playing the sport we love. No PDGA, no bickering, no hand faults, no whining to the TD about OBs due to not paying attention at the players meeting, only good times with pals and friendly competition. This was our 7th year. My good friend Brian Peck (Wisconsin) and I wanted a good excuse to get together each year, play disc and hang out for a weekend. It has and will always be invite only, we invite players that want to throw disc, not players who prefer Drama and round ratings to enjoying a weekend of disc golf with friends. The only way to receive an invite for the Iowa team is by talking to me. We try to match up number of players and skill level.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Just say you invite who you choose otherwise you sound like you are singleing people out. Which is just an excuse not to say what I said in the first line. Sounds like the matchups were pretty even :shock:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 am

I'll put this as simple as possible. I organize and run this tournament for Me and some of my friends. I also plan and run 3 tournaments each year that attract a ton of discers to our area. Those are for everyone, obviously that is not enough for you. For F**K sake can't I do anything for my self and my friends or am I just expected to be a slave for everyone else!
As for the lopsided teams this year, Wisconsin brought 4 new players and neglected to tell me they were intermediate discers. Otherwise I would have chosen a different team. Either way we all had a great time.
Thanks for adding Drama to the one fun tournament I look forward to each year.
If you have an issue about this tourney, keep it to yourself or plan and run your own tournament. Your tone and comments are a sure way to not receive an invite next year.
Any further questions can be directed to the nearest wall.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am

If you didnt expect comments or questions or "drama" maybe keep your private tournament results private. I wasnt expecting an invite at any point.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 am

"The post was for those involved and to try and promote Iowa Pride." Replied the nearest wall.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 am

do those involved besides you even look at these forums :roll:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:09 am

Master Lee wrote:I'll put this as simple as possible. I organize and run this tournament for Me and some of my friends.

Good shit Master Lee. I'm a big fan of the invite only friendly events. Glad to hear it was a good time.

See BW disc golf league and BW Showdown
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Master Lee » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:01 pm

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:do those involved besides you even look at these forums :roll:

Yep, Iowa and Wisconsin players both check this forum. :D
Master Lee

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League