The Cedar River Festival Mini Tourney at Hickory Hills

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

The Cedar River Festival Mini Tourney at Hickory Hills

Postby Master Lee » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

The Cedar River Festival will be at Hickory Hills this year. They asked me if I would like to incorporate a disc tournament as part of the scheduled events. So here are the details:

Sunday July 31st.
Hickory Hills Park
Final Registration and check in will start at 11am at the shelter in the group camp area (Go past our usual tourney shelter, take a right down the gravel towards the group camp, shelter will be on the right at the top of the hill)
Tee off at High Noon
2 rounds of 12 or 13 holes (I'll be adding a few holes to the permanent 9)
2 divisions (Good and Better)
$20 entry fee for both divisions + Optional Ace Fund either $2 or $5 haven't decided yet.
This is a charity tournament, all proceeds will go to the Cedar River Cleanup and Festival Group.
There will be a short break between rounds.
Pablo's will be there slingin' burritos.
You will be playing for donated prizes. (If you would like to donate any prizes just get a hold of me)
Field will most likely be limited.
You can pre-register with me either here, by phone, e-mail or if you run in to me anywhere.

The Group will have an armada of canoes and kayaks, to float and clean up the Cedar River.
This year they are doing the stretch from Evensdale to Gilbertville.
The Clean up float will take place Saturday July 30th.
Volunteers are always welcome! If you would like to help with the clean up please contact the Cedar River Festival Group for exact times and location. Here is there contact info:

E-mail: info@crfgroup.org
P.O. Box 642, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-610-7507
or find them on Facebook

There will be free camping on Saturday night at Hickory (mainly for those who help with the clean up but all are welcome.)

For any more info or pre reg, feel free to contact me.
Either post here or
Phone 319-269-5666
e-mail discmasterlee@msn.com
Master Lee

Postby Master Lee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:28 am

There will be a staggered start as soon as you register I will send you out in foursomes. Would like to have the last group tee off at noonish. After the first round break for lunch, Pablo's will be available. You will stay in the same group for the second round. Once again staggar start each group should have about 45 min for lunch. Afterwards enjoy the live music and festivities. Awards ceremony will be shortly after the last group comes in. If there is interest there will also be a side cash pool.
Master Lee

Postby RickyBenny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 am

Side games always welcome
RickyBenny

Postby Master Lee » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:14 pm

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Hickory Hills this Sunday. I will be taking reg. starting at 11am as soon as 4 players are registered they will be sent out followed by the next 4 and so on, stagger start style, 45 min break for each group then play second round with same foursome. So if you wanna play with your pals show up and register at the same time giggity.
See you on Sunday
Master Lee

Postby Master Lee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 am

Strong showing of 5 discers. :twisted:
Here is how it panned out.

1st - Ben Blake 36
2nd- Greg Dye-37
3rd- Shaq - 39
4th - Dan Weber- 43
5th - Lee C. - 44

Hot but fun. Giggity goo
Master Lee