Deerwood

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Deerwood

Postby kinch » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks to those who helped w/ tee sign posts on Wed. evening.
I should get the rest of the tee signs up this week.
Next thing we need is an info sign.
kinch

Postby CalebP » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:25 pm

its looking better out there

no luck with the parks dept?
CalebP
Site Admin

mowing

Postby kinch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 am

I am getting no response from the City of Evansdale. My next contact is the park board. Thanks to TJ our local disc dealer for mowing the large areas in the woods @ Deerwood. Others w/ line trimmers have been out a few times now to clean out tight areas, & more is needed. If anyone wants to empty garbage cans (also up to us), I take the garbage down to the campground dumpster. If anyone asks , just say it's from the DG course.

I'm heading to Newton Masters tourney on Sat. Any other old guys (40+) need a ride?
kinch

Postby Jadams » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Which areas would you like trimmed first? I may be able to head out there this weekend sometime depending on the weather.
Jadams

Postby kinch » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:18 am

Hole 8, 9 & 12 were getting pretty bad, but I see TJ was out again over the weekend. Sorry for the late response, I was gone over the weekend.
kinch

Update

Postby kinch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 pm

I talked to someone on the Park Board in Evansdale. He said they would fix the craters in the drive and add some rock. We also discussed the mowing situation. He said he would check into it. I told him we try to keep limbs picked up so they don't damage their mowers. I plan to be out tonight (weather pending) to do some more trimming & clean up. Anyone is welcome to come out & help.
kinch

Postby Jadams » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 pm

I am working a split shift at work today so I won't get off till around 10. I do plan on getting some trimming done out there before league Monday.
Jadams

Postby CalebP » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 am

Nice work... I would of been there but ive been having a little spat with a water heater that isnt draining or making hot water.... pretty hard to shower in the morning with 60 degree water.

I have salvage post wood for a bench on 13...I just need to get a treated board for the seat....soon.

Anyone know if that broom head I put on 15 is still there? Just kind of curious to see if someone would actually take it or Chuck with it.... considering its really worthless. Testing the waters I guess.
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby Jadams » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 pm

We got some work done on 9 and a few other holes, 18 and 8 maybe. TJ was out there with the trimmer a lot. Course is looking really nice right now. The new signs look great. Also they got the drive filled, however it needs packed down quite a bit. Cars will bottom out pretty bad on it, saw it first hand last night. I am heading to the rents house in a few hours and they may have some spare wood laying around, maybe I can get something for the bench Clp. I will let you know
Jadams

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League