Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

League Party Sunday Sept. 26th 2010

Postby Master Lee » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 am

B.H.M.D.G.L. Summer League Party 2010
Sunday September 26th
10am at Exchange Park in Waterloo Iowa
Here is a tentative schedule of events:
10:30am Random Draw Doubles
Lunch, Awards, Nominate and vote for MVP, Rookie of the Year and League Officials.
Putting competition (Usually can be done during lunch)
Long Drive Comp.
9 Hole Worst Shots Out on the Island.
18 holes Singles.
3 man Best Shot Safari 9 hole. (if enough guys are still standing)
:twisted:
Would like to set up Exchange Retro X course for the doubles and singles. We will need at least 6 baskets. Let me know if you plan on bringing 1.
League will provide beverages and lunch (I think Bob was talkin Grillin).
Master Lee

Postby cigarguy16 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:17 pm

OK, pass the word around so everyone hears it. I like the retro course idea (of course I'm old enough that the retro course will be a walk down memory lane - you know, when I could actually reach the basket with my drive!). Put me down for Grillmaster Assistant, nice idea that we haven't done for awhile. Lootowndisker, I hope to see you there grillin' and discin' as well (thanks for "throwing" the grilling idea out there).

As joking aside, League elections should be treated seriously and the League was designed so the players have a say in who runs the show, so to speak. If anyone has a desire to step up and put the time and effort in making our club better, make your intentions known. We have an abundance of talented people in the BHMDGL that could make a huge difference in the direction of the League and the sport. I have no problem with how things have been run lately (and believe me, I would let it be known if I did) but I also know about the burn-out factor and how others with fresh ideas and energy can assist in the League's progress.

That being said, get your teammates out for the League Party on Sept. 26 because that's when the League Officials elections are and if you don't vote, you can't bitch. Plus your dues paid for the party so might as well come out and have a fun day with friends playing the sport we love.

End of lecture.
cigarguy16

Postby Master Lee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:36 am

Well put Dave
Master Lee

Postby Master Lee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:36 am

Retro is the way to go, plays quicker so we can get more events in. It will most likely be set up RETRO X style. Basically the old 18 with a few small changes. The same course we played in the IRONMAN this year. Tons o fun
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:58 am

Will bring my basket, should I bring my boxing gloves to?JK :twisted:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:25 am

Will bring my basket, should I bring my boxing gloves to?JK

Cool thanks. No need for boxing or drama just a good time in the park playin disc.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 pm

I was just kidding Lee if their was to be drama it would have already happend :D I just wanted to give all my haters a chance to actually throw a punch instead of talking behind my back. :wink:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Cole Martinson » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:32 pm

I can bring my basket also. :mrgreen:
Cole Martinson

Postby Master Lee » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:48 am

Quick Reminder:
League party This Sunday 10am Weather currently calls for Partly Sunny Skies and 67 degrees. Should be a nice day for huckin and chuckin. See you all Sunday.
Master Lee

Postby cigarguy16 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 pm

RETRO EXCHANGE!
cigarguy16

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:44 am

bringing tater salad and cole slaw instead of boxing gloves :lol: emmm hmmm cant wait :!: looks like its gonna be a nice one after sitting in the house all day today :D
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:27 am

Damn that was fun can we do it again next sunday :D Thanks Bob, Lee, Big Ern, and whoever else contributed to such an enjoyable time. My first skip ace :D and then Bobby Chaing banger had to steal half my thunder and my loot :lol: Their is a reason I have shown up to every monday for the past six years and yesterday was an example of that. Thanks to everyone who showed up it was a blast!!
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby cigarguy16 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 pm

I agree, that was fun! And to paraphrase Lootowndiskr, there is a reason I have shown up to every Monday for the past twenty-six years and yesterday was an example of that. Sires and I are the lone survivors of Season 1 back in 1985 (Kindschi gets kudos for joining for Fall League back then) and we were all there for the party. My hope is for some of you to be there 20 years from now to show the "new" guys and gals the ropes of running and enjoying the BHMDGL. Great party, great season! Sincere thank you's to everyone who made a difference in the League this year. I hope to see you all for Season #27!
cigarguy16

Postby cmlasley » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 am

For those of us who could not make the party, what were the final results?
Morgan Lasley

When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley

Postby Master Lee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Doubles
1st - Tye + Mike M.
2nd - Ed + Rob
3rd - Jay + Ben B.

Putting
1st Rob
2 John C , John C. Jr, me and some one else

Long Drive
1st Barrett
2nd Ben B.
3rd Shooter

Worst Shot Out
1st Kinch

Not sure who won the 3 man safari scramble.

Rookie of the Year
Caleb

MVP 2010
Rob Baumann

League Officials
Stats - Tyler R.
Treasurer - Rob B.
Sgt. of Arms/Asst. Director - Aaron R.
League Director - Ricky Benny Blakey

Thanks to all who helped out to make it a sweet 2010 season!
Master Lee

Next

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League