2010 Summer League Party

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

2010 Summer League Party

Postby Master Lee » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 am

Looks like Sunday Aug. 29th will work out. I haven't heard anything from our league director. Seriously doubt that he has set anything up yet.
So for now plan on Aug. 29th 10am at Exchange.
If anyone knows of conflicts with this date please post here.
Otherwise I will try to get details from Ern or just set it up myself.

This day will not work Look lower!!!
Last edited by Master Lee on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:48 am

We playing the retro-x and if its this hot we should get a dunk tank. Also after a few years of pizza im thinking about bringing my grill down and cooking some food. Lets spice it up a little bit this year some how :?: Now that we have a date set lets get the word out. See you their :lol:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 am

For now I think we are looking at Sept 26th Sunday, for the Summer League party. Still not definite. I'll post here when I know for sure.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Wont work for who :?: This is why nobody had a clue last year when it was going to happen. Is someone gonna miss out on their fantasy football draft :?:Who votes on when we have a league party or is it a few people deciding on when the rest of us get to have fun :?:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby RickyBenny » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:41 am

what day works for YOU ty? when can YOU have fun? when do YOU wanna have it?
RickyBenny

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:36 am

The day it was set for works for not only me but some others that I have talkd to. It just seems like we move these dates around so much that noone gets their because of it. But dont worry about me Ricky Benny worry about you if you know whats good for ya :twisted:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby NorthSider » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:27 pm

i agree changing the date a wk b4 is BS i planned for that date because there were no replys or updates. i know that just one date isnt gonna work for everybody but makes it hard to plan, we know what day hickory is gonna b on we know when the open will b, but we cant stamp out a date for the party. i knew aug 29 wouldnt hold i wish it could have because i am expecting my son to b born sept 17 so sept 26 wont work for me but maybe it will good for everybody else. enjoy my ace fee donations! love, barrett
NorthSider

Postby Master Lee » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 am

League Party has always been a pain in the A to schedule. Someone always has something going on no matter what day we try to plan it on.
Last Year the change was announced at the last 2 summer league nights. Those who did not make it to those nights of league or decided to warm up putts instead of listening to the announcements would not have known. But some how this is the leagues fault.
It is hard to schedule the party at the beginning of the season due to the massive amount of tournaments in the late summer. Last year is a good example of this.
This year the problem lies in the availability of discs for prizes.
Between Steffen's availability and The new BHMDGO custom stamp discs, which won't be ready until right before the tourney (9/11).
It's hard to have a party without any prizes.
All of that being said, we could have it on the 12th after the open with only league plastic or on the 29th with league and Steffen's discs to choose from.
This Monday night before fall league at Exchange (5-5:30) Voice your opinion to the league officials.
I know these dates don't help you much Barrett, but don't count it out yet. My munchkin came a week and a half before Snow Disc this year and I still somehow found the time to set up, help run and play in the tourney.
But if you can't make it I'll throw an extra disc for you in the ace funds. Although you might want to recruit someone good for that. :twisted:
Master Lee

Postby CalebP » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

MN border bash and another tourney on sep 12
CalebP
Site Admin

Postby NorthSider » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 pm

I understand the reasons for moving the date due to timing issues, I just get frustrated with making plans and then the week before it gets changed. It will be a slim chance that I will make it but I convince a family member to drive an hour to help my wife on Sept 26th and then a week before it gets canceled it makes it real tough. I know a lot of you have put a ton of thankless work into league for many years before I even knew what disc golf was. But it seems every time our league has a problem it always comes down to communication. I’m not real sure what I can do to help this but I’m willing. If I put money in slot machine I like the excitement of seeing if i win.
NorthSider

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 am

Will the league ever take any responsibility for the lack of communication. You might have announced a date the last two weeks but it was changed after the fact so thats a moot point really.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

The league officials do not read this site. I am not one of them, I paid my full dues just like everyone else.
Here is an Idea, how about making an effort to talk to those running league about your issues instead of constantly whining in this site.
I have been trying to relay info from them to this forum, however I have had a hard time getting dates and commitments from them.
Sorry I can't be the voice of all of your opinions. If you have questions or suggestions for league take them to the league officials or if you don't like how things are run, nominate yourself for for an official position for next year. We vote for Officials during the league party. There are plenty of chances to throw you hat in the ring during fall league.
Simply put communication is a two way street both the league and it's players need to make an effort to be successful. And the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the Tye.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Sorry to offend THE MASTER :!:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 am

Not Offended, just trying to provide you with info and point you in the right direction to find the answers you seek. I think it's called communication.
Master Lee

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:27 pm

I just know how things have been for the last few years and obviously their can be improvements. We need a president that is at least capable of leading a few gentlemen into battle. In all fairness to Big Ern he was appointed not volunteering. The right guy is their for the job and its not me we all know who it is. I think things would impove not only with the communication but with visible progress in not only Waterloo but CedarFalls as well. I would support any type of progress at this point. :)
LOOTOWNDISKR

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League