Rude League Player

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Postby robizm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 pm

If someone from a league told me to leave the park because it was league night, I would tell them to go Chuck themselves.

I appreciate how much work the various leagues and clubs put into maintaining the parks, but the parks are still "public" parks and everyone deserves a right to play. League players should be ambassadors for the sport. They should be friendly and encouraging, not confrontational and prickish. There are already enough elitist dicks in the world.

A big reason I love disc golf is because of all of the cool people you meet on the course. Usually everyone is very friendly.

Just one man's opinion.

sounds like a tough guy response - I have played in league play on and off since 1999 and every time we came upon a rec/casual player we simply said something along the lines of "hey guy(s) its league night and you are going to find large consistent groups of players on every tee, just FYI" along with "the other courses in town will be very open for play"...

Most of those casual players are really cool about it and dont want to spend another hour finishing their remaning holes either....

you obviously don't seem to be that type
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby RoxxStar » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:00 am

robizm wrote:
If someone from a league told me to leave the park because it was league night, I would tell them to go Chuck themselves.

I appreciate how much work the various leagues and clubs put into maintaining the parks, but the parks are still "public" parks and everyone deserves a right to play. League players should be ambassadors for the sport. They should be friendly and encouraging, not confrontational and prickish. There are already enough elitist dicks in the world.

A big reason I love disc golf is because of all of the cool people you meet on the course. Usually everyone is very friendly.

Just one man's opinion.

sounds like a tough guy response - I have played in league play on and off since 1999 and every time we came upon a rec/casual player we simply said something along the lines of "hey guy(s) its league night and you are going to find large consistent groups of players on every tee, just FYI" along with "the other courses in town will be very open for play"...

Most of those casual players are really cool about it and dont want to spend another hour finishing their remaning holes either....

you obviously don't seem to be that type

It's not really a tough guy response. It's just that I would stand up for myself. I was basing my comment about telling them to go Chuck themselves in the context of being told to leave, rudely (as was described by the original poster). I give the same amount of respect that I am given. If you tell me to leave in a dickish manner, I will tell you no in a dickish manner. If you tell me to leave in a polite manner, I will tell you no in a polite manner. If you ASK me to leave, or to consider leaving, in a respectful manner and with sound reasoning, then I would consider what you have to say and make a decision based on what I felt the circumstances warranted.

The bottom line is that your time is not more important than mine, and I have a right to be on that course (same as you). It seems like some people have an entitlement vibe happening, hopefully you don't fall under this category. Disc golf is supposed to be a friendly sport.
RoxxStar

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:28 am

:D CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?? :D
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby robizm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:39 am

Yeah I play to have fun, I just don't understand when non-league players would want to wait so long to play each of the remaining holes (if they were on the course before league started).

met a kid in early May this year playing at Legion and told him of the tourney a week later, he signed up and got 2nd in novice and now shows up to random dubs on tuesday nights. It's nice to see how much they appreciate being informed of some other disc options. If you treat those guys well they will most likely pay it forward.
Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
pdga#: 17020 IQ: 47 quote: "Weather forecast for tonight : dark"
robizm

Postby bergdawg » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:48 am

We try and recruit the rec players to come to league, not turn them away.
"I'm so tough I wipe my ass with sandpaper."
bergdawg

Previous

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League