Rude League Player

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:33 pm

We’re not talking about a private country club with dues, green fees, and tee times; we’re talking about a public disc golf course. By the logic displayed above because you are in a club or league and put in the time you should get priority. So the next time I play a casual round I should walk up to hole 1 at Grandview when 2 groups are waiting to tee off and say. I'm on the DSM Club Board of Directors so I get to play before you ..... I don't think so. I know this is an exaggeration, but by the above logic this is essentially what you are saying.

The way I see it the course is free for all regardless if all the tees are full and / or if it’s a league night.

All you can say is that the course is going to play slow and that you’d advise they might want to play somewhere else. If they stay it should be no biggie, they have every right to be there.

The only way you have the right as a club or league to tell someone they cannot play is if the park is technically closed for to your event ...... this even applies to tournament play..... if you didn't reserve the course the rec player has the right to be there.

All this non-sense about owing it to the club and our league because of work put in or speed of play is all nice in theory, but really it holds no merit.

Most rec players abide, but some don't (even with the course is technically closed, see 2008 Challenge ..... "I pay my Taxes" .... he lost that battle due to the fact that we had a legal document in hand saying the park was reserved) .... if they don't realize that you don't own the park the City does and go on with your life.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I dont think we have a right to be the only ones on the course i just think we have a right to inform people. It sounds like someone took it personal and told their big brother who posted league jerks wich in itself a stereotype of all of us. We have interactions with people all the time and this is the first i have seen anything of the sort so we must not feel that entitled. I think if I went to play and forty eight people were about to tee off i would get the picture but i guess not everyone is the same.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Golfguy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Damn, I saw the title of this thread and thought...what the hell did I do now?!?! :D :shock:
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Me to!! :D
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Golfguy wrote:Damn, I saw the title of this thread and thought...what the hell did I do now?!?! :D :shock:

ROBBED A BINGO HALL!. damn loo people, always robbing some place with a gun :lol:
Abe Froman

Postby RoxxStar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 pm

irban wrote:
LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:Im a member of B.H.M.D.G.L. have been for about five years now and I know what kind of people we have here. Like most places you have a wide variety of personalities that is the nicest way i can describe it. :roll: Its unfortunate that it had to happen to the point someone felt offended by it. That being said Exchange is a long course and the speed of play is very crucial even though it doesnt trump random chuckers from slowing it down more. If my brother(wich i dont have) went to a course on league night and came home whining about how somebody told him to splitzkie I would smack him for whining. I mean i get ur point public park but if you or your brother care about disc golf let the people who make it possible have one night to themselves. Is it to much to ask :?: We pour our blood and sweat into that course so everyone can enjoy it and destroy it. Monday from six o'clock to nine o'clock pm every third week we like to pretend its ours.

Really, your league is so big you can't let a few people onto a 27 hole course? Sounds like the guy might have a point. Seems to me, as long as there are teepads open, you can get by with normal courtesy rules. That still means once the course is full, new people shouldn't try to jump in though. We would all like to just breeze around the course, but how often is that the case?

That is one thing that is sweet about my new home course. I recently moved from Des Moines to Grinnell. My regular course was Grandview (which was always packed). Now the new Grinnell course is my regular course, which is almost always empty. It's a nice change of pace, especially considering the course is actually pretty kick ass.

I don't have the luxury of multiple courses to choose from, but it's nice being able to take my time and throw at my own pace (multiple shots, beer breaks, etc.).
RoxxStar

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 pm

then maybe i will drive down catch a few fish at Holiday and come and play a few rounds never played their>
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby RoxxStar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:44 pm

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:then maybe i will drive down catch a few fish at Holiday and come and play a few rounds never played their>

It's definitely worth checking out. It's got some cool shots. 3 holes that go over water, lots of holes along the water, lot of low ceiling drives ...

My buddy, Ben Blake, played in the tourney held there on 6/6. I know he's from your area ... not sure if he is in your league. Dan Mosley won the tourney, who I believe is from your area as well (although not sure if they are in your league). They both told me they liked the course quite a bit.

I'm actually going to put together a video tour of the course this weekend (if it ever quits raining for more then a day) and post it on here. I've been wanting to do this for a few courses anyway as a little video project, might as well start with my home course. Figured it could get it some exposure and let people take a look to decide if it is worth driving down (or up) to check out.

Sorry for the thread drift. :wink:
RoxxStar

Postby irban » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:48 pm

RoxxStar wrote:That is one thing that is sweet about my new home course. I recently moved from Des Moines to Grinnell. My regular course was Grandview (which was always packed). Now the new Grinnell course is my regular course, which is almost always empty. It's a nice change of pace, especially considering the course is actually pretty kick ass.

I don't have the luxury of multiple courses to choose from, but it's nice being able to take my time and throw at my own pace (multiple shots, beer breaks, etc.).

If you hadn't played at Grandview you likely could have played slow on multiple luxury courses here. Just sayin'. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:49 pm

that thread is done stick a fork in it. but yea Ben and Dan our in league up here. Played against Bens team on Monday in fact Mosely shot his usual lights out and i was seven strokes behind him. be lookn for the vid.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby njrules » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:56 pm

porkchop wrote:We’re not talking about a private country club with dues, green fees, and tee times; we’re talking about a public disc golf course. By the logic displayed above because you are in a club or league and put in the time you should get priority. So the next time I play a casual round I should walk up to hole 1 at Grandview when 2 groups are waiting to tee off and say. I'm on the DSM Club Board of Directors so I get to play before you ..... I don't think so. I know this is an exaggeration, but by the above logic this is essentially what you are saying.

Wow, I'm agreeing alot with what porkchop is saying today. Its just the way it goes, trying playing league nights at Turkey Creek . Unless it has gotten worse Exchange gets traffic but nothing like Iowa City. Again the point maybe blown out of proportion or maybe those playing @ Exchange are just not used to waiting every hole.
I will say that is the nice side of more courses in the twin cities now going pay to play, the league actually reserve these courses for league night so we are the only ones that can play.
njrules

Postby RoxxStar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:05 pm

irban wrote:
RoxxStar wrote:That is one thing that is sweet about my new home course. I recently moved from Des Moines to Grinnell. My regular course was Grandview (which was always packed). Now the new Grinnell course is my regular course, which is almost always empty. It's a nice change of pace, especially considering the course is actually pretty kick ass.

If you hadn't played at Grandview you likely could have played slow on multiple luxury courses here. Just sayin'. :P

Ya, I hear ya. I have a soft spot for Grandview since I learned the game on that course (and it was the closest). But I still play/played lots of other DM courses. They all have fairly regular traffic from my experiences. It is like night and day when compared to Grinnell. I'll throw 2 or 3 rounds in a row, in Grinnell, without seeing ANYBODY else on the course.

Hopefully that changes, as I'd like to see the sport grow in Grinnell. But for the mean time, I'm definitely enjoying having a nice park all to myself essentially.
RoxxStar

Postby RoxxStar » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:that thread is done stick a fork in it. but yea Ben and Dan our in league up here. Played against Bens team on Monday in fact Mosely shot his usual lights out and i was seven strokes behind him. be lookn for the vid.

The dude can definitely throw a disc. How he shot 7 down, in back to back rounds, in some CRAZY ass wind is beyond me. Many props.
RoxxStar

Postby Jadams » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:47 pm

I always check the league schedule on Mondays and plan on playing where they aren't. Just my two cents. I wouldn't want someone holding up league play either.
Jadams

Postby cigarguy16 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 pm

I was at Exchange Monday for League. I saw rec players out there, in fact my group let a pair play through (our suggestion in fact as there was only 2 of them to our 4). I don't get the post of "League Jerks" as my experience is most league players aren't, in fact they seem to be the opposite to rec players. When we play League at Tourist, the course is overrun by rec players but everyone just plays and gets along. Deerwood doesn't see as much public but there are still some out there on League nights but again everyone just plays. Sorry your brother had a bad experience with someone from the BHMDGL, it's not the norm.
cigarguy16

PreviousNext

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League