BHMBGL needs to move forward.

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:50 pm

i have pointed out a few things and have put my work days in as well. and lookn forward to the days that i can get out their and help again. i just am saying how i feel and it seems to be quite the target of people. you can quote abe lincoln all you want im not gonna stop saying how i feel. but i have obviosly got some attention and if we can get some good out of it thats all i really want. so yea movn on but dont expect me to crawl under a rock.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby O_D » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 pm

Similar to Tanner, while in school, I had no idea there was a league of people volunteering to maintain courses. I think I just assumed City employees took care of everything. I was introduced to the game at Tourist, and didn't really have a clue what was going on, or that there was anything organized ie) league nights/tournaments. But, a group of us played almost everyday and could have easily pitched in.

UNI could be a huge labor/funding resource up there(I live in DSM now), not sure the most effective way to get the word out to students, but I think would be worth the effort...Intramural leagues, fliers at tourist or dorms, student email list, tie in to Phys Ed/Wellness credit requirements somehow, New beginner only singles league at tourist?

Good luck, I too look forward to your events and appreciate your work.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby cigarguy16 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 pm

O_D
Great suggestions and positive feedback that the League could use. We just started out as a bunch of people who liked playing disc and I think over the last 25 years the League has made a positive impact on the sport, our cities and the state. We have an unique format and don't necessarily look to expand past our normal 12-16 teams so no effort has been made to promote the League to UNI students (short sighted I know but still that's what's happened).

Thanks for your input.
cigarguy16

Postby njrules » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 am

Just wanted to post and say Thanks for all the hard work that master Lee and the others in this group do.
And although I have lived in Decorah, Iowa City, and now the Twin Cities I have always tried to make it to Hickory Hill Doubles or the Waterloo Open each year, because these have been such fun tourneys (I grew up in Waverly). So I have all the respect for the BHMDG (and I still use their logo minis as my markers).

As for other league suggestions, I really liked how Bushwackers in IC runs their league... their is random draw for your partner (which being newer to the area I really liked), and I ended up playing with Tim Payton -- which turned out to be are great experience for me, and had a lot of fun. Also there is a vote at the end of the year to pick next years Pres/VP/Sec.
I also like the idea of a UNI league, where students get together to play -- something similar to what Iowa has.
njrules

Postby RickyBenny » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 am

LOOTOWNDISKR wrote:i have pointed out a few things and HAVE PUT MY WORK DAYS IN AS WELL. and lookn forward to the days that i can get out their and help again.
HA! That's rich.........
RickyBenny

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

drunk balls at three thirty in the morning? how did you play at exchange in league two weeks ago drunkin benny? any way i enjoyed playing with you to say the very least! :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
LOOTOWNDISKR

Previous

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League