WHO'S GOONNA BE PREZ?

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

WHO'S GOONNA BE PREZ?

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 am

I was wonderin when the next meeting was going to be so we could spread the word to a few people. Our courses need someone who is willln to make sure things are being taken care of on a more frequent basis. Everyone has ideas about what should be done but when it comes to getting those tasks completed it doesnt happen. Maybe it has something to do with the comraderie of our club as a whole. Wheatever the case may be im looking forward to some fresh enthuseasim from whomever it may be. Someone who can get people motivated as a unit to complete the ideas that have been falling on deaf ears for quite some time.
LOOTOWNDISKR

GOLFGUY

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 am

my crystal ball is fuzzy, but I'd guess he is a likely possibility. 8)
GDL17921

Postby KePP » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 am

He certainly has the experience.
KePP

Postby Master Lee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am

In the last couple of years we have Torn out and replaced Tee pads at ghost town, and completed a re-design at exchange. New tee pads, new Tee signs, new basket signs and a new layout to work around the bike path the city put through our course. This sounds like a lot of tasks were taken care of. I'm not sure who u are lootowndskr, if you were one of the few volunteers who busted their ass to accomplish the projects you would have seen how much time and effort was put in to completing these tasks. Course repair is something we discuss at the beginning of each season. There is always more than we can accomplish each season so we have to pick and choose. As for motivating league members to come out and help on work days GOOD LUCK. We seem to have the same crew of guys every time. Ask any of the former league directors they will tell you the same thing. Most are there to play disc only and that's all you will get from them.
I have had to run all the tournaments and league without an assistant director for the last couple of years. Plus I average over 80 a week at work, Pablo's you know the place that Sponsors each tourney and league donating between $1500 and $2000 each year to disc golf in our area. This is the thanks I receive? This is one of the main reasons I am stepping down form the league director and TD positions.
As for the next league meeting It will be held Monday Jan. 11th most likely at Toads in CF. There will be a post with details shortly.
Master Lee

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 am

^^^^^^
Thanx for all you have done Master...You do a hell of a job, and I cant wait to get my hands on another Pablo's Burrito at Hickory Hills
SARG27044

Postby Master Lee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Appreciate it SARG. I will be running Hickory and The Dann Schultz memorial snow disc 25. But those will most likely be my last. Expecting a new baby in Feb.
GOLFGUY get monday nights off and give me a call HAHA.
Jus kiddin but seriously I think you would make a great TD.
Master Lee

Postby TravisB » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Couldn't have said it better Lee. Nobody knows how much work goes into making disc golf happen in each community until you are the one making it happen. Everyone wants to play but rarely do you find those people that are willing to work then play and when you do it's the people who are complaining that make you lose those people. Always a shout out to the people who make the sport happen in our state. Can never thanks them enough in all our communities :D

See you at Snow Disc. Tell your wife hi and hope she is feeling good. Good luck buddy. Can't wait to meet your new one and for you to meet Eli, he got his first disc from Uncle Jay and Aunt Des for X-Mas.
TravisB

Postby Master Lee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks Trav. Cant wait to meet Eli. Hope you and Megan are doing well see you soon.
Master Lee

Postby Jadams » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 pm

Me and two of my friends play at deerwood regularly. We are not in the club or league (something we have been discussing) however we would still help out with anything you do at deerwood this next year. Whoever sets this up I can give my contact info to.

Forgot to mention I have done my share of cement work growing up and wouldn't mind helping with new pads anywhere either.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 am

yes you do know who i am and i do know that when u cant communicate with the rest of the league it does cause problems. like i said no one ever told me when work days were i just usually happened to be down their and helpd out. the same people do all the work because they are the only ones in the "loop" who hear about it. i have asked u personally master lee what i can say to the people who are not in the loop when they ask what they can do to help.the answer you gave me came with a few cusswords and what i thought was disrespect. its funny to see how things work from the inside but be treated like and outsider. i know lee u have ur handsfull with other more important things, but things should be communicated to those who can do something about it. half the people in our league missed the league party because their was two different dates floating around. and the final notice came the day before the party how do you think they felt about paying their league dues wich im sure most everyone did but not get the memo of when the league party is. im sure those who missed will be more than willing to join up next year so they can pay for something that they will miss out on. bottom line is if you want something done pay more attention to those members of the league that are outside the gun club and maybe you will see some others feeling like part of something.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 am

you say you havnt had any help with the tournaments than whats ern and bob doing collecting money and takn care of the players at these tournaments. what are they chopped liver. and i never said you didnt run a good tournament i have personally thankd you every tournament i have played that you have ran. and i have asked you to call me and let me know if you guys are working and not once have you called me. so its kinda like you cant have ur cake and eat it to something has to give. either we find a better way to communicate and get people involved or it will be the same people doing the same thing.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Master Lee » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Seriously? If you reread my post you will see that I said I didn't have an assistant director, not that I haven't had any help. One person can not do it alone. Bob, Jay, Tyler, Randy Lee, Big Ern, Kevin, Cole, Golf Guy, Ben Blake, Dev, Kindschi, Hook, Shooter,Shaq, Steffen, Shannon, Mosley and the late great Dann Schultz plus others have made large contributions and sacrifices in the last few years (some considerably longer) to ensure that disc golf stays alive and well in the cedar-loo area. These are the players that care enough to contribute.
When does it become the players personal responsibility to put themselves in the loop and make a contribution? Where were you the last few years when I was asking for an Assistant Director to help out. I haven't had that luxury since Bebout moved to Des Moines.
Work days were set up last year at Pre-league meetings, posted here and announced before tee off on league nights. I personally spent more time working on courses and setting up tournaments than playing last year. Along with many others.
So i guess if you were not at pre-league meetings, didn't see the posts on here or did not pay attention to league announcements then you probably wouldn't know about work days, if you didn't make it to the last couple of nights of summer league you may not have known that the league party date was changed.
If you have anything else to complain about please bring it to the meeting tonight.
And as for league beer, our league has supplied beer for meetings, work days and league parties since well before I even moved to this area, and although I never drink league beer I am all for it. For those who contribute.
I am far too busy to argue with you back and forth on here, so I'll just say this, step up or step off.
Last edited by Master Lee on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master Lee

Postby cigarguy16 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:45 pm

xharkx- Hey, we would love to have your help at Deerwood (and at the other courses too!). Bring your friends and get to know us, we're golfers like you. Keep watching our posts to find out where we'll be working at and show up. You may actually make a few friends in the process of improving the courses you love to play! Thanks for offering your help, see you soon!
cigarguy16

Postby Jadams » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:54 pm

cigarguy16- Will do. I normally check the forums once a day so that shouldn't be a problem. Also feel free to email me at xjmadamsx@gmail.com as well. Thanks for the info.
Jadams

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League